What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

Azeri drones are absolutely demolishing Armenia infantry and vehicles.

It’s similar to how Syria got demolished by Turkish drones.

It makes you wonder why they cannot detect these drones?

Syrian air defences were almost non existent minus some Pantsir that were clearly not up to the job (due to radar issues), but when Russians started bringing in other air defences, the Turkish UAVs started falling like flies and they ended up asking for a ceasefire. Armenians also have mostly antiquated air defences, this combined with the fact the Azaris are using their UAVs from mountainous covers, this makes it hard for the Armenians to properly respond. The truly disappointing part of all this is actually a lack of Armenia's own UAVs. The Azeris were getting quite humiliated before they started pouring in all these UAVs footages which helped their propaganda. Armenia needs to start using UAVs. This is a proof against those that claimed Iran is helping Armenia with arms. If Iran was truly helping them, the Azeri army right now would be getting decimated.

On a side note, Iranians were using UAVs right from the 80's before most these other nations even heard of them. This combined with the increasing roles of accurate ballistic missiles in the world, it just goes to show you the Iranian military planners did a great job predicting the use of these systems.

In syria, SYADs weren’t ready at the beginning, besides the present of some pantsir systems. Pantsir system standing alone can’t work,radar problem and can be jammed, and the syrian army lacked a proper AD network, until the last days were BUKs started working. In Nagorno-Karabakh, they only have soviet era ADs OSA and Strela systems and they are easily jammed. OSA has a bad radar and a Max range 10km, and TB2 drones can hit them easily from weak sides at an 8km distance. Don’t forget they’re old man. If I want to add and talk about libya, pantsir at first did a great job and shot down 15-20 TB2s. Most of the pantsirs got hit in libya while they were Off and getting moved on the road, or in hangars. The main problem was that the pantsirs in syria or libya sometimes weren’t getting warned by an early warning radar, max engagement is 12km, turks knew the their positions, hit them from a 7-8 km distance and the pantsir had a very short time to react. SHORADS won’t act well if they aren’t placed in an IADS.

either a new radar which has been built for object that dive at sharp degrees like ballistic missiles or that it's a broken model of a new radar

1601681906657.png

it seems we don't have any short range air defense systems that are good for this job, do you guys feel it now ? we need Oqab and Separ asap

It would not work against high altitude. But against subsonic CMs and inflying bombs.

aside from how effective shorad are against drones, it's important to note that at the end of the day drones are easily replaceable but not ADs. we should produce drones like candies.

Doesnt Iran has a modified version of crotale with high altitude of 12000m and range of 25km? That would be a low cost option if integrated in arial radar and air defence systems. Also option are drones with air to air missiles, what Iran also already has if i remember well.

It would not work against high altitude. But against subsonic CMs and inflying bombs.

Doesnt Iran has a modified version of crotale with high altitude of 12000m and range of 25km? That would be a low cost option if integrated in arial radar and air defence systems. Also option are drones with air to air missiles, what Iran also already has if i remember well.
mortars are not flying fast they are free falling easy to hit Israel is doing it US is doing it

1601724853444.png

no apologize needed brother, yes north of Iran is being hit with 122mm rackets and mortars

Me think laser is best against mortars and rockets. I am sure Iran already do tests with laser cram.

Me think laser is best against mortars and rockets. I am sure Iran already do tests with laser cram.
Iran already said they build and use laser weapons to protect sites and shot down fighter jets i don't know if they can make them that small and mobile

Iran already said they build and use laser weapons to protect sites and shot down fighter jets i don't know if they can make them that small and mobile

Yes, the point is not to build that, but to fit it in standardized military cases/boxes/containers including power supply so one can put it on any truck and move and position it where it is needed.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom