What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

Long range and SHORADS systems are already made, they just need mass production. So no need for the Russians. I would go as far as saying Iranian SHOARDS would be be much better suited to the modern conflict due to Iran's experience in dealing with UAVs.
Yes i agree. The only issue is mass production.

Yes i agree. The only issue is mass production.

To be specific, we don't know the mass production rate, so we are essentially guessing. For we know Iran could have far more of these air defence systems than we think.

Last edited:
To be specific, we don't know the pass production rate, so we are essentially guessing. For we know Iran could have far more of these air defence systems than we think.
I think that’s one thing with 3rd khordad. I believe it is produced in big numbers, but only 2-3 locations are known to be covered by this system.

I think that’s one thing with 3rd khordad. I believe it is produced in big numbers, but only 2-3 locations are known to be covered by this system.

We know many of Iran's assets are underground. What you see is usually the tip of the ice-berg, this probably also refers to air defence missiles as well.

We know many of Iran's assets are underground. What you see is usually the tip of the ice-berg, this probably also refers to air defence missiles as well.
True, for example zolfaghar basir was ready 2-3 years ago, but they unveiled it a week ago. That’s part of the asymmetric war.

True, for example zolfaghar basir was ready 2-3 years ago, but they unveiled it a week ago. That’s part of the asymmetric war.
I don't see em....where they r...? Any image ir video..?

it wouldn’t make sense to put air defense missiles underground.

Iran doesn’t have as many air defense systems as you think.

S-500 would be great addition to arm forces. S-300 order was actually not sufficient enough in terms of battalions.

it wouldn’t make sense to put air defense missiles underground.

Iran doesn’t have as many air defense systems as you think.

S-500 would be great addition to arm forces. S-300 order was actually not sufficient enough in terms of battalions.
I think a big number of irgc Air Defense systems are scattered and hidden, especially tabas and 3rd khordad. They creat ambushes for jets or drones penetrating the Iranian airspace.

I think a big number of irgc Air Defense systems are scattered and hidden, especially tabas and 3rd khordad. They creat ambushes for jets or drones penetrating the Iranian airspace.

They are within a radius of their respective bases. After all they don’t just drive to the middle of no where and stay for days/weeks. They have shifts like all soldiers. Which means there must be a common military point where the system returns to switch out personnel.

During war time it’s a different story.

so there are rumours russia will be ready to delivery the S-400 AD System to Iran as soon as embargo ends
the question is why iran wants it if its allegedly capable of producing its own system with same capabilities?
it's just my opinion, i think Russia might try to sell s-400 or s-500 for Iran as they are defensive weapons and weapon embargo does not include defensive weapons. now why Iran might want to buy it?? because we already paid the money for su-30 and yak-130s and if Russia can't deliver them we have to buy other things they can provide.
Russia is gauging it's options i guess.

it's just my opinion, i think Russia might try to sell s-400 or s-500 for Iran as they are defensive weapons and weapon embargo does not include defensive weapons. now why Iran might want to buy it?? because we already paid the money for su-30 and yak-130s and if Russia can't deliver them we have to buy other things they can provide.
Russia is gauging it's options i guess.

Dadash, Who said Iran already paid the money for Su-30?

Dadash, Who said Iran already paid the money for Su-30?
EYeP4qqWoAErPMZ.jpg

:lol: I hope not dadash, I think Iran should at minimum go for su-35. But we'll see how it turns out. We'll know soon enough.
The newest version of su-30 (su-30sm2) is approximately the same as su-35 btw. Best plane iran can get is the su-35, because I dk if Russia will export the su-57 To iran, or china the J-20.

The newest version of su-30 (su-30sm2) is approximately the same as su-35 btw. Best plane iran can get is the su-35, because I dk if Russia will export the su-57 To iran, or china the J-20.

We're going off topic here, I have moved the discussion to the airforce thread.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom