What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

Just compare the R&D budget of Iran, Russia and China. Iranian does have the technology to build anything even closer to Russian defence system. Iranian system (Babar-373) is crap compare to Russian S-300, S-350 and S-400.

Iranian Bavar-373 is superior to S-300/350 in every parameter, read article below:

Morever, Iranian air defences have shown their capabilities in practise already, see RQ-4 incident etc. Do some research before commenting on such topics.

Last edited:
it's just my opinion, i think Russia might try to sell s-400 or s-500 for Iran as they are defensive weapons and weapon embargo does not include defensive weapons. now why Iran might want to buy it?? because we already paid the money for su-30 and yak-130s and if Russia can't deliver them we have to buy other things they can provide.
Russia is gauging it's options i guess.

No man it's almost a norm in maket of sellers , if you wanna some technologies you should buy sth else too

Iran needed some air defense and anti ship missiles Chinese forced Iran to but their Abgarmkon (F7) too ....I remember one of commanders said this in a documentary show

F-7_Iran-960x400.jpg

2 more +1000 KM phased array Qadir radars came on stream today, bringing the number of active IRGC-made Qadir radars in Iran to 8. Iran army (Artesh) chief Abdolrahim Mousavi and IRGC Aerospace Force chief Hajizadeh attended the launch.

1601971649365.png

These two radars are located in Yazd and Kerman provinces, and another Qadir radar is scheduled to be launched in Chabahar in the next three months - according to Sardar Hajizadeh, commander of the IRGC aerospace Force.

When the Chabahar one goes live, then it would be 9 total Qadir radars? I'm guessing they're planning for over 10 in the long run.

When the Chabahar one goes live, then it would be 9 total Qadir radars? I'm guessing they're planning for over 10 in the long run.
yes, well they never said they going to stop so no not even 10 is the final goal

" Qadir radar images that joined the country's air defense network today
The main change compared to the previous model of Qadir radar is the increase of transmitter antennas and their installation outside the center of the radar as four sets of dual antennas (8 antennas in total).
The previous model had only one transmitter antenna in the center of the radar."

is this the system that shot down the civilian airliner?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom