What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

3 rackets that came to Iran were tracked and destroyed by Army air defense system

This appears to be the first open demonstration of Iran's AD downing rockets. Great news! We obviously knew this was well within Iran's capability even many years ago, but it's good to see it in practise.

Interesting, looks like they moved ADs to this area. Maybe Tor and 3rd khordad.
i don't know but its small to be 3rd khordad soo maybe Tor
This appears to be the first open demonstration of Iran's AD downing rockets. Great news! We obviously knew this was well within Iran's capability even many years ago, but it's good to see it in practise.
well its a good time to test some Iranian ADs this is as close to a war as we can get, no amount of training can be this real and unpredictable

The Iranian Counter battery radar "Boshra" is one of the radar candidates that may have been taken there to detect and track such off track projectiles.

1602278300917.png

I want to hear Azarbademjooni positions harbouring Takfiri scum destroyed, as well as any posiion that "accidentally" shoots into Iran.... and want to see Pan TOORKS that demonstrate againt Iran´s interest crushed.

Not cost effective. My guess would be automated, radar-guided anti-aircraft artillery or CIWS.
agreed on the cost, can't be a radar-guided anti-aircraft artillery or CIWS as it has smoke trail which means soiled fuel missiles but its to small of a trail to be 3th of khordad.

1602281328045.png

agreed on the cost, can't be a radar-guided anti-aircraft artillery or CIWS as it has smoke trail which means soiled fuel missiles but its to small of a trail to be 3th of khordad.

View attachment 677951

Ah, I didn't open the Twitter link, only read the posts here. Thanks for the info. Can Manpad-type SAMs carry out such a mission?

Ah, I didn't open the Twitter link, only read the posts here. Thanks for the info. Can Manpad-type SAMs carry out such a mission?
don't mention it brother, Manpads alone ? noooooooooo these targets are too fast and too small for Manpads to have lock on it, it has to be radar guided or at least with EO to back them up , like Tor or pantsir

don't mention it brother, Manpads alone ? noooooooooo these targets are too fast and too small for Manpads to have lock on it, it has to be radar guided or at least with EO to back them up , like Tor or pantsir

It's obviosuly some short of shorad, could it be a Crotale type system?

I know, I didn't mean Manpads only but the missiles they use (like Misagh), obviously associated with some external guidance asset.

It's obviosuly some short of shorad, could it be a Crotale type system?
yes most probably its a Tor system, no Iranian Ya zahra dose not leave a soiled fuel trail behind it as you can see below , maybe its Iranian Ogab system we don't know for now.

1602319630652.png

I know, I didn't mean Manpads only but the missiles they use (like Misagh), obviously associated with some external guidance asset.
well if you can add them to a radar or a powerful EO camera then yes they can

1602320072245.png

1602320138610.png

Yes I know Tor by I don’t think they sent it alone to the border. Tabas or 3rd Khordad are the best mobile ones to protect at medium ranges.
yes most probably they have sent something big too

Last edited:
Not cost effective. My guess would be automated, radar-guided anti-aircraft artillery or CIWS.
Exactly my guess n Tor is too expensive to be used in that role.
Doubt that those airdefence can be used against drones and cruise missile but usuall are too slow for artillery

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom