What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

1602015691336.png

47280A60-7DB0-41F0-BAFE-5647E3C2E1FB.png

I was watching the documentary on 3rd khordad, I realized there is a radar in Abu Musa Island with approx 300km range. Could it be Bashir Radar ?

Iran must not waste a single penny on S-400. Iran has stated already that Bavar itself will surpass the S-400 in the next 2 years. To be frank, this should not be a problem as Bavar is already quite close to S-400. Iran's long range air defence focus should become producing systems capable of dealing with next generation threats, i.e the manoeuvring hypersonic systems. Depending on its capability, the S-500 may be a potential canditate for purchase.

As I have said already, Iran could make a one time large purchase of fighter jets to give its airforce a major boost but all other investments must go into its own industries. Iran has many impressive projects in field like ground forces and navy, but the rate of development/manufacture is too slow. This needs to be dealt with.

Exaclty, dont forget guys, the price for an S-400 battery is around ~ 150mln$ afaik, thats a lot of money which Iran should put in its own R&D and get more out of it...

Furthermore, if you look at todays warfare (Syria, Armenia/Azerbaidschan...) SHORAD systems are very important, you cant waste huge and expensive missiles against drone swarms, cheaper and other solutions are necessary

4 x 6 truck mounted 100 mm Sarir AAA to counter Harop. Create secure operation zones.

8 x 3rd Khordad TELAR to kill TB-2 at 100km

3 x Najm-802B to acquire TB-2 at long range

This small group would be enough to completely deny Azeri air operations...

If you lack it, highly vulnerable TB-2 can operate and kill at will...

IRGC Aerospace Commander: Iran among 10 Top World Radar Manufacturers

TEHRAN (FNA)- Commander of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) Aerospace Force Brigadier General Amir Ali Hajizadeh underlined his country’s high capability in production of different military equipment, saying that Iran stands among the world's 10 top states manufacturing radars.

“Out of 20 radar manufacturing states in the world, certainly the Islamic Iran is among the 10 ten,” General Hajizadeh said, addressing a ceremony to put into operation two home-made Qadir-class radars in the Central and Southeastern provinces of Yazd and Kerman on Tuesday.

He added that overlapping of the radar networks developed by the Iranian Army and the IRGC is one of the major military achievements of Iran, noting that the young Iranian experts are able to produce all radars needed by the operational forces.

“The next radar will be launched in Chabahar city (in Sistan and Balouchestan province) in the next three months and the number of the Qadir-class radars will increase to 8,” Hajizadeh said.

Last edited:
Iran is moving up very fast in the radar sector, Hajidazeh ranked Iran 12th in 2019 and at the time had stated the 12th spot was gained after 13 years (great achievement). With this current statement, it means we've moved up 2 spots in just over a year. More investments need to be made in this sector and our goal should be to enter the top 5. The export potential in this sector alone could gain Iran 100's of millions if not in the billions.

Israel has access to American technology so this boosts them greatly. They have developed AESA radars for planes, something Iran has yet to do (officially anyway). But this is no issue, given Iran's rate of growth in this sector, they will be overtaken soon enough. Minus the distant future systems such as quantum and photonics radars which I hope Iran is thinking about, in the near future I hope to see Iran produce Gallium Nitide based TRMs on an economical scale. Given Iran's prowess in the nanotechnology field, I am expecting to see innovations by Iran in this microelectronics sector too.

The next generation Bavar air defence is also something to look forward to in order to see what improvement they will make to its radar systems. Generally speaking, I think in all of Iran's radars, ranging from small to big, we can expect to see great improvement in their range.

4 x 6 truck mounted 100 mm Sarir AAA to counter Harop. Create secure operation zones.

8 x 3rd Khordad TELAR to kill TB-2 at 100km

3 x Najm-802B to acquire TB-2 at long range

This small group would be enough to completely deny Azeri air operations...

If you lack it, highly vulnerable TB-2 can operate and kill at will...
Can’t another long range radar work besides najm-802B? For example Bashir or najm-802A or kasta or mutla Fajr? All these have a good range...

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom