What's new

Iranian actress to be lashed 90 times

Iranian student lashed 74 times for 'insulting' Ahmadinejad - Israel News, Ynetnews
here is about Peyman Aref story
"My crime was that I had written a letter to Ahmadinejad and reminded him what he had done to universities," he said.
on the pic you can see blood that came out
Peyman Aref is advocate and knows that what they did is illegal even inside the islamic republic law !
instead of what is said in the article there are many cases of lashing for critics but it never went to blood and this terrible: Peyman couldn't walk normally after the sentence !

If you insult prophet or Islam they already in the past lash with blood.

This is happening in Iran. Iranian laws apply. Iranian legal system works in Iran. We may or may not like these laws but we have no say on what goes on in another country. It is totally an internal issue. Let the Iranians be the judge whether these are good laws or not. If they do not like these laws they can change them. We have no locus standi here.

This type of "justice" is vile, cruel and revolting.

Nothing can justify doing this inhuman act against people, let alone a woman.

Sharia law.... Not just in Islamic nations but also in the UK and Canada.
Correct me if i`m wrong but didn`t the prophet forbid acts like this against women?

This type of "justice" is vile, cruel and revolting.

Nothing can justify doing this inhuman act against people, let alone a woman.

Sharia law.... Not just in Islamic nations but also in the UK and Canada.
Correct me if i`m wrong but didn`t the prophet forbid acts like this against women?
i agree
this was for another time and as said Shariati we adapt

Anyway even inside Quran lash is for adultry and this is practically hard to proove adultery as written in Quran

for drinking alcohol as well
but never for insulting a governement or for a movie made without permission :D

i see one comment about lashes:
indeed because there should be no permanent scars in the islamic rule, they do many lashes (100 for exemple)

i agree
this was for another time and as said Shariati we adapt

Anyway even inside Quran lash is for adultry and this is practically hard to proove adultery as written in Quran

for drinking alcohol as well
but never for insulting a governement or for a movie made without permission :D

i see one comment about lashes:
indeed because there should be no permanent scars in the islamic rule, they do many lashes (100 for exemple)

Such practices should never exist in the modern world, this isn`t the middle ages, even though some countries are stuck in that time.

Such practices should never exist in the modern world, this isn`t the middle ages, even though some countries are stuck in that time.

I agree. Its simply not the way forward and puts us all to shame. I think it sounds and is a barbaric act which i understand may be Iranian law etc but they have to seriously look at what damage is done by allowing something like this to take place.

I may not like Sharia Law and the types of punishments that it imposes, but I would surely like to implement it in India for Muslims ( I heard some Muslim groups in India are all for it) so that next time if some Muslim gangster/terrorist/anti social element is captured the security forces can pop his head legally very quickly instead of spending millions protecting him(eg: Kasab)

Many states in US still have death penalty. Thank God almost all civilized countries have abolished death penalty.

This is totally inhuman, and I feel terrible for the actress to have to suffer such barbarity for no good reason.

Many states in US still have death penalty. Thank God almost all civilized countries have abolished death penalty.
I am all for the death penalty. Why should rapists, terrorists, murderers and pedophiles be allowed to live and go back to society?
There is a huge difference between lashing women for adultery than castrating rapists and putting murderers to death.
I only wish we had death penalties in Israel, perhaps it would discourage the scum that try to commit terror attacks and fail to think twice, since they know they won`t die for it in Israel.
They know that we`d trade a thousand of those ***** for one of ours.

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

I may not like Sharia Law and the types of punishments that it imposes, but I would surely like to implement it in India for Muslims ( I heard some Muslim groups in India are all for it) so that next time if some Muslim gangster/terrorist/anti social element is captured the security forces can pop his head legally very quickly instead of spending millions protecting him(eg: Kasab)
A general law that all terrorists should be put to death, would be a good law.

I am all for the death penalty. Why should rapists, terrorists, murderers and pedophiles be allowed to live and go back to society?

Because killing someone for murder is not not justice, it's vengeance. Besides, there is always this chance of convicting an innocent person. Georgia (US) just executed a man knowing full well he didn't commit the murder. You cannot take back death penalty and it doesn't serve as deterrence for future murders. If you are so looking for blood, why not just beat that person to death. Old fashioned stoning will do. It's in Old testament.

Because killing someone for murder is not not justice, it's vengeance.
All punishments for violations of the laws has a strong influence from vengeance. A law can be proscriptive or prohibitive. A 'proscription' is an recommendation that one should or should not do <something> and is if legalized, it is generally done to promote behaviors. A law that allow 'voting' is a proscriptive law. Its intention is to promote civic responsibilities and good citizenship. It does not punish if a person does not vote.

On the other hand, a 'prohibition' is a decree that IF you do <something> you WILL be punished because this <something> was agreed upon by you as part of a social contract and for being a citizen in the first place. So if you violate the prohibition of <robbery> society have the right to exact vengeance by pursuing you and punish you in some agreed upon way once you are caught. As such, a speeding ticket come from that desire for vengeance. If you do not violate a prohibition, you will not be rewarded in any way because it is expected that you obey the prohibition.

Besides, there is always this chance of convicting an innocent person. Georgia (US) just executed a man knowing full well he didn't commit the murder. You cannot take back death penalty and it doesn't serve as deterrence for future murders. If you are so looking for blood, why not just beat that person to death. Old fashioned stoning will do. It's in Old testament.
This is a better argument against the death penalty than the one about avoiding vengeance.

Because killing someone for murder is not not justice, it's vengeance. Besides, there is always this chance of convicting an innocent person. Georgia (US) just executed a man knowing full well he didn't commit the murder. You cannot take back death penalty and it doesn't serve as deterrence for future murders. If you are so looking for blood, why not just beat that person to death. Old fashioned stoning will do. It's in Old testament.
So, in your opinion, terrorists shouldn`t face the death penalty because every now and then some people are wrongly convicted?
How many innocent lives were lost by former Guantanamo bay prisoners that were released and committed terror attacks because they didn`t receive a death penalty?
I doubt you`d feel so reluctant if it were your friends and families that suffered the consequences when these people are released and go back to what they did best.

What happens when terrorists are set free because they were allowed to live and were requested in prisoner exchanges? More innocent people die.

Back
Top Bottom