What's new

Egyptians complain over Netflix depiction of Cleopatra as black

That's because the media portrayal is steeped in political correctness and not historical fact. Cleopatra was Greek. She was actually foreign to Egypt.

But with the rise of Wokeism in Hollywood, to simply state actual historical facts like this that contradict the Black Nationalist agenda is considered racist.

Cleopatra was Greek, it's that simple. Doesn't mean there is anything wrong with being Black, she just was not Black.

Yup. Coming up, 'The Real Jesus Christ' to a theater near you!

51q2p9MjSiL.jpg

There's a miniseries about Cleopatra on the Internet archive I intened to watch. After watching the 2004 epic Troy, I fell in love with ancient history content, not to mention the subject itself.

The Afrocentrist obsession with Egypt and increasingly also I have noticed with Al Andalus is quite bizarre. In a way it's the worst reaction to white washing and Eurocentrism as it's doing the exact same but inversely.

There are numerous actual interesting black figures in history. What about Mansa Musa who was so rich and generous he caused inflation wherever he went, or Shaka Zulu who defied and defeated the British during the peak of the Victorian era and British might. Personally I would love to see a movie or a series on Yasuke, the African samurai

Do some actual history instead of appropriating others.

Ptolemaic Egypt, part of Egyptian history. The great commander Amr bin As, Conqueror of Egypt and father of Fustat, opened the doors to the integration of the Egyptian people into Islam. But Egyptian intellectuals have always embraced the whole of its history. The sensitivity of the Egyptian people today is a result of this embrace and it is actually a very good thing.

I love this woke world. Absolutely love it. It certainly has its down sides, but the positive is seeing the racists crumble.
So when is African-American Jinnah series about the history of Pakistan,coming?

Double Eid mubarak LOL
And imagine,they would portray black Jinnah trying to make an atheist Pakistan and most Pakistanis secretly being very Hindu friendly and atheist,but in the end of the series,somehow the "radical" elements win and Pakistan is turned into a "mullah" State. Probably in the final episode,showing the "future" of Pakistan,full of only negative aspects,like riots,terrorist attacks, gang battles and mosques. A lot of mosques. People praying inside the mosques,but with a scary music playing in the background.

And suddenly,the next new series:

"Bhutto A New Hope"

And imagine,they would portray black Jinnah trying to make an atheist Pakistan and most Pakistanis secretly being very Hindu friendly and atheist,but in the end of the series,somehow the "radical" elements win and Pakistan is turned into a "mullah" State. Probably in the final episode,showing the "future" of Pakistan,full of only negative aspects,like riots,terrorist attacks, gang battles and mosques. A lot of mosques. People praying inside the mosques,but with a scary music playing in the background.

And suddenly,the next new series:

"Bhutto A New Hope"

You have a point.

So when is African-American Jinnah series about the history of Pakistan,coming?
Jinnah was portrayed by white British actor Christoper Lee in 1998 movie Jinnah. There was a lot of hoohahoo about it back in the days for obvious reasons.

But that was the whitewashing era. Now is the blackwashing era, so I'm sure next time Jinnah will be black. lol

jinnah-2-1536654650.jpg

Jinnah was portrayed by white British actor Christoper Lee in 1998 movie Jinnah. There was a lot of hoohahoo about it back in the days for obvious reasons.

But that was the whitewashing era. Now is the blackwashing era, so I'm sure next time Jinnah will be black. lol

View attachment 925604
I think more than white washing it is about male domination. Male actors want to keep the meaty parts for themselves. Gandhi was also played by a white Ben Kingsley, whereas for Kasturba they chose an Indian Rohini Hattangadi. They have no problem casting non white women in ethnic roles. They might even prefer it as they love to court brown skinned and Asian women in their movies. In countless movies there is a white adventurer finding a hot local woman as an ally. Everybody has an eye on another people's women.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom