What's new

Egyptians complain over Netflix depiction of Cleopatra as black

I get the message what you tried to convey.

I just don't like the term Caucasians for us. I find it very very offensive. Let's just keep it for the people of European descent.

a bunch of people can pass for anything but id rather have a Pakistani play Jinnah than a gora- ykwim?

not a fan of this term to describe our people (no matter the technicalities of it all) - As A-we are a very diverse people, so they can't label us under one umbrella term B- I associate this term with Europeans

:cry: :cry: Orya Maqbool Jan played a colonial officer character with the thickest Pakistani accent ever, I was dead lol :lol:

Loosen up, guys. Loosen up!
'Caucasian' is not the same as 'white' and don't get too defensive about using terms which describe people! The number one determinant of 'races' is that when two distinct races mix with each other--like the east Asians or the Africans or the Caucasians (in which I include northwest Indians along with Pakistanis) then their offsprings would show where they came from. A child born between Caucasians would easily be recognized as a Caucascian. However, between Caucasians and Africans or between the east Asians and Caucasicans etc would look different and probably going into grandkids!

I don't know why you guys have such a short fuse?? It is not about trying to 'fit in'. It stating what's in our 'genome' for the millennia! This thread is about 'races' and so it was apt to point out to someone why Jinnah could be easily portrayed by Christopher Lee. Would Denzel Washington play Jinnah? Would Xi Ji Pin play Jinnah? No! Of course Jinnah could have been easily portrayed by many Pakistanis. But how does that take away from Christopher Lee--a great actor--playing Jinnah?

So get off your woke high-horses, take a chill pill and connect to the essence of this thread.

heidi.png

elon.png

I can't state most as I have not known enough of them, but I don't think it's true, though I know racism is widespread amongst them.

You are a very confused person

Ok let’s put it this way.. while not all racists are Egyptian most racists are Egyptians

Tarzan will always be white. Even Netflix does not have the balls to make Tarzan black.

Well the next James Bond might be black and a woman … and James Bond is white and “manly” as they come .. remember James drives a manual Aston Martin

😎

You are a very confused person
Ok let’s put it this way.. while not all racists are Egyptian most racists are Egyptians

I think that stereotypical comment is exactly an example of hate mongering.

Although again, I am not going to deny plenty of them are hate-mongering d**k-heads. One of them on Quora claimed Al-Queda "originated" in Pakistan LOL

Last edited:
I read on Facebook an Egyptian lawyer has opened a legal lawsuit against Netflix on this :police:

Loosen up, guys. Loosen up!
'Caucasian' is not the same as 'white' and don't get too defensive about using terms which describe people! The number one determinant of 'races' is that when two distinct races mix with each other--like the east Asians or the Africans or the Caucasians (in which I include northwest Indians along with Pakistanis) then their offsprings would show where they came from. A child born between Caucasians would easily be recognized as a Caucascian. However, between Caucasians and Africans or between the east Asians and Caucasicans etc would look different and probably going into grandkids!

Here I shows you mixed Indonesian and European, just for fun seeing the end look of the mix

Both are mixed blood Indonesian citizens

Live performance (7 years ago)

Another one check the woman that look Caucasian

Father is British, Mother is Native Indonesian (Manadonese/ Torajan ethnic)

Last edited:
Gadot subsequently defended the casting decision, saying: "We were looking for a Macedonian actress that could fit Cleopatra. She wasn't there, and I was very passionate about Cleopatra."
The question is...when she said "Macedonian",did she mean Slavic? 😂

Because that would have been ridiculous and as mistaken as putting a black Cleopatra.

Personally,I prefer Gal Gadot. She looked very Greek as Wonder Woman. And I can imagine her as Cleopatra. Easily.

But we all know Netflix has an agenda. Netflix doesn't care about history or what's true. They just care about "diversity" and promoting the LGBTQ+ agenda.

Imagine,we're at the age where you see stuff like this:

179373583_168152958528213_4046349424834427647_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom