What's new

Egyptians complain over Netflix depiction of Cleopatra as black

But with the rise of Wokeism in Hollywood, to simply state actual historical facts like this that contradict the Black Nationalist agenda is considered racist.

There are now more people who try to find wokeness in everything and bitch and cry about it than there are woke people. Millions of Elon fanboys have learnt 2 new words/phrases - woke and cancel culture and try to find it in everything they see. Saying Cleopatra might have been black is definitely not woke. Most evidence shows she was brown skinned, not white skinned.

I was taking a class of year 7s in a school in the UK around 6 years ago. They were aged just over 11 years old. Quite a well behaved class and all sitting around an arranged square of tables. A commotion started between two pupils sitting next to each other, one a "white" boy and the other a "black" girl. The young boy complained to me that the girl sitting next to him was calling him a "whitey" and the girl complained to me the boy was calling her a "blackie". So I asked the class to find me a plain black sheet of paper and a plain white sheet of paper. Then I got the pupils to present their hands and did the "shades" test with the sheets of paper. Yes the boy wasn't "White" compared to the white sheet of paper , more pinkish dark white and quite a stark difference with the white sheet of paper. The girl wasn't "black" but in fact a dark shade of brown. So, I told them neither were white or black. The class and the two kids fell silent, and peace was restored. Differences are used for domination and bullying and are just concocted pretexts. White and black are colonial designations need to be removed from colonist vocabularies.
Cute story baba jee.

Except that, my comment was more related to facial features and hair when I mentioned 'black'.

There are now more people who try to find wokeness in everything and bitch and cry about it than there are woke people. Millions of Elon fanboys have learnt 2 new words/phrases - woke and cancel culture and try to find it in everything they see. Saying Cleopatra might have been black is definitely not woke. Most evidence shows she was brown skinned, not white skinned.

What is up though with each side trying to call this mean bitch their own? This Cleopatra was actually a mean bitch. From all the things that I have read, this woman was one wicked being.

Can you show us real women face with your version of Cleopatra nose ?

From what I know, the perfect nose according to white women is a nose that is not bumpy, but small one. Many White women does surgery to get that nose. Something like Tomb Raider player ( I forget her name )
It's a comic and in comics they exaggerate facial features. Obviously no one has such a pointy nose. I think the creators were probably trying to set her apart from the rest of the Egyptian characters, possibly hinting at her non African origins. Or maybe all this is speculation. I don't know if the creators really considered her non African.

What is up though with each side trying to call this mean bitch their own? This Cleopatra was actually a mean bitch. From all the things that I have read, this woman was one wicked being.
Unemployment rate is up across the world, especially in Egypt. Too many people with too much free time.

Cute story baba jee.

Except that, my comment was more related to facial features and hair when I mentioned 'black'.
lol, Indians look more African than European , so not sure what features you are referring to.

Unemployment rate is up across the world, especially in Egypt. Too many people with too much free time.

LOL I find it hilarious how the whities try to claim Cleopatra as their own. You have the Egyptians claiming she was theirs. Now you have black Americans doing the same. It is cringe and hilarious at the same time.

Different nose shape, different hair etc.

Indian or African, no difference:-
OIP.kuLwX9YOtLRKChSvNYfT-AHaHa

india-politics-election_0eece5b6-4b0f-11e9-aca9-eac9e517f545.jpg

It's a comic and in comics they exaggerate facial features. Obviously no one has such a pointy nose. I think the creators were probably trying to set her apart from the rest of the Egyptian characters, possibly hinting at her non African origins. Or maybe all this is speculation. I don't know if the creators really considered her non African.

The right statement should be the comic doesnt want to relate it to Arab women facial feature since Egypt is Arab ethnically ( majority ). That has real historic base since Cleopatra is decendent of Greek General. I still think incest story is speculative, more likely real Cleopatra is mix of Arab Egyptian and Greek. Parent with different ethnicity usually produce distinctive and beautiful kids, so why Cleopatra is also known as beautiful Quen where Julius Caesar who is European fall in love with her.

Indian or African, no difference:-
Oh baba jee.... we are talking about white vs black, why are you dragging Indians into it?

I get it, you are old school teacher and in your career you had to do things to keep peace in the classroom in good old England, hence your comments. But do you really believe there is no difference between a white and black person feature wise? Because if you do so, I'd suggest you to go for yearly eyes check up. Bye.

Oh baba jee.... we are talking about white vs black, why are you dragging Indians into it?

I get it, you are old school teacher and in your career you had to do things to keep peace in the classroom in good old England, hence your comments. But do you really believe there is no difference between a white and black person feature wise? Because if you do so, I'd suggest you to go for yearly eyes check up. Bye.
Lol, I am not a school teacher now, I quit in 2017. The debate is not of features but colours. Uproar is about why Cleopatra is portrayed as black and not white. My main point is that if got so called "white" people and you got so called "black" people and used AI to change their colours it would be difficult differentiate between the two. There are many people with "non-pointed" noses and many Africans with "pointed" noses, depending on which part of Africa and region you look at.

Back
Top Bottom