What's new

Iran unveiled indigenous "kowsar" fighter jet with 4th gen avionics

Another joke toy plane 5th generation stealth like the last one :rofl:

Or some upgrade of Tomcat grandma jet...

Or some new delivery of jets from Russia etc? Still, nothing ground breaking so calm down....Typical iranian bs

In his previous interview, defence minister General Hatami mentioned an aircraft's name which has already completed its flight tests, called Kowsar-1. He also added that Kowsar-88 will fly until the end of current Persian year.
Although these are different jets, they have similar names which means they are probably from the same family. So we can assume Kowsar-1 as a single seat close air support jet which fits his description of the new aircraft that is about to be unveiled in the next two days. Let's wait and see.

31 is eid qorban , so there won't be any military cermony and unveiling

IT IS NOT QAHER!!!!!
IT IS NOT KOWSAR!!!!!
Just wait another 2 days

Yes ...

No ...

I think a heavily modified F-5 ... We can mass produce J-85 for now !

We need to replace old F-5s so it's gonna be a good step forward.

A light weight jet with modern avionics ...

Another joke toy plane 5th generation stealth like the last one :rofl:

Or some upgrade of Tomcat grandma jet...

Or some new delivery of jets from Russia etc? Still, nothing ground breaking so calm down....Typical iranian bs

respect-your-enemy.gif

Whatever it is i dont understand why people here are laughing. Iran does what it needs to inroder to fulfill its defence needs. Years and years of danctions and still iran is free. Speaks volumes

Yes ...

No ...

View attachment 493264
My thoughts was possibly something that resembles the F-16 and possibly continuation of Shafaqh and Borhan project

Yes ...

No ...

View attachment 493264

Serious question: Is Qaher a real project? Or was it a hoax? When can we see the first proper flight of Qaher if it’s real?

Serious question: Is Qaher a real project? Or was it a hoax? When can we see the first proper flight of Qaher if it’s real?
Yes it is a real project Def minister said that Qaher will be flown future and if it's propaganda why would IRI show it's taxiing??

Or it could be something more realistic like the Borhan (Shafagh) project which is an advanced trainer and close support aircraft similar to YAK-130.

This is well within Iran’s capabilities and has been in development for a while.
I hope so, the YAK-130 is a great aircraft, with a little modification it can be a formidable fighter.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom