What's new

Iran unveiled indigenous "kowsar" fighter jet with 4th gen avionics

Just some unofficial chatter the jet is of Chinese origin. I don't want to break the suspense but there will be a huge cry after this all.

Well then check one in the category that Putin is controlled by the Chabad, which is what I have been saying for 2 years.

J-31 are not yet in production. J-20As are generally for the Chinese. Looking at possibilities of J-16, Q5, J-11 and some others, JH-7. Or the China/Pakistan JF-17

Are you implying its Jf17?
I am not implying just sharing what I have heard the sources are not official. It could be any thing when I have a confirm source I always give a confident statement but if you want my speculation I think it will be some model of j-10b or c

I could be JF-17 I don't know. All I heard was it is Chinese origin.

Iran to Unveil New Fighter Jet in Days

Iran’s Defense Ministry will unveil a new fighter jet and its components on the National Day of Defense Industry on August 22, Defense Minister Brigadier General Amir Hatami announced.

http://tn.ai/1806191

Speaking at a televised program on Saturday night, General Hatami said the new military aircraft is used for combat and close air support for the armed forces.

The new fighter jet has passed all tests and is going to fly on the National Day of Defense Industry, he added.

The minister also noted that components of the aircraft will be also put on display.

The General then highlighted the country’s advances in diverse areas of military industry, saying the Defense Ministry’s top priority is to boost the missile power and air defense capabilities.

According to the minster, the homegrown air defense system ‘Bavar-373’ will come into service by the end of the current Iranian year (March 2019).

Once the Iranian air defense system passes all tests and becomes operational, it could be mass produced and exported, he added.

In comments in February 2018, Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khamenei called for efforts to maintain and boost Iran’s defense capabilities, hitting back at the enemies for disputing the country’s missile program.

“Without a moment of hesitation, the country must move to acquire whatever is necessary for defense, even if the whole world is opposed to it,” the Leader said.

So it is made in Iran as the news is saying it has been tested means if they are conducting test flights it is a new platform.

It is a fighter jet not a trainer and this jet is not made in Iran. Iran has been taking deliveries ever since the sanctions were lifted. The news is being made public just now. The signing of the contract was not disclosed due fears of US intervention. :)
I'm sorry I highly doubt this, even though it would make me very happy to see us get an updated fighter.I don't see how this could have happened without a single source leaking it.

Close Air Support is something Syria will want in large numbers, considering they are so close to Mordor. Iran is protected by Shia Iraq and friendly neighbors like Turkey Pakistan and Azerbaijan. Close Air Support in any video game is good for offensive weapons, to attack your enemy. If you are losing the war, you probably don't have good air supremacy, and you don't need close air support, for all your air bases are destroyed. If you have good air protection from air defense systems, then you are probably not being invaded, so no need for close air support.

The Saudis would be in range, but Iran would have to knock out their SAM sites first. So having these Close Air Support fighters would be a threat to a Saudi attack.

Like I said, if Syria could afford them in great numbers, Assad would want 1,000 of them. Iran does not need so many, but would be great addition to the air force and start of their 4th gen fighter production.

Assad would first require cruise missiles from Iran to get rid of the SAM sites, then could send in the Close Air Support. Putin won't be selling hypersonic cruise missiles to Assad anytime soon or anytime this century, so Assad again would have to rely on Iran to protect them from Mordor.

Last edited:
I'm sorry I highly doubt this, even though it would make me very happy to see us get an updated fighter.I don't see how this could have happened without a single source leaking it.
As I said the source is not credible and I don't have full info. It could be any thing. It could even be a copy of US A-10 bomber developed by Iran. I am just saying what I have heard. It could even be a 5th gen fighter jet. My info is not complete but there were few pointing at China.

It could even be a developed in Iran su-30 who knows.

As I said the source is not credible and I don't have full info. It could be any thing. It could even be a copy of US A-10 bomber developed by Iran. I am just saying what I have heard. It could even be a 5th gen fighter jet. My info is not complete but there were few pointing at China.

It could even be a developed in Iran su-30 who knows.

Or it could be something more realistic like the Borhan (Shafagh) project which is an advanced trainer and close support aircraft similar to YAK-130.

This is well within Iran’s capabilities and has been in development for a while.

A Chinese aircraft fighter jet is a fantasy story. IR Of iran airforce doesn’t even like Chinese fighters, they have said so publically themsleves. So unless they are going to reveal a J-31 prototype, I can’t see Iran going for a Chinese aircraft. That is a desperation measure.

You need to realize most of Iran’s airforce engineer staff and pilots are WESTERN doctrine trained. Iran’s equipment, munitions, etc are WESTERN origin.

How would Iran suddenly just switch to Eastern doctrine aircraft?

The Iranian press are saying it is Close Air Support designed by Iranians and made by Iranians. This is from several sources, posted in different topics.

It is a fighter jet not a trainer and this jet is not made in Iran. Iran has been taking deliveries ever since the sanctions were lifted. The news is being made public just now. The signing of the contract was not disclosed due fears of US intervention. :)[/QUOT

Completely nonsense

You wanna know what you will see?
Take a look at these
908628_981.jpg

IMG17063692.jpg

2014-11-27_203904~0.jpg

HUD-2.JPG

The only producers of jets that would supply Iran, if these are new, would be China, Pakistan or Russia.

If Putin has been supplying Iran with fighter jets for the past few years under the radar of the Washington Regime, score one for Team Putin as not some handler of free Muslims. This is big news.

China or Pakistan could have been supplying Iran too, this is very good news for the Iranians.

And even better is they probably prepaid so their currency went further back then, saving money.
I don't think Pakistan will be selling them any jets due to US/GCC pressure.

Let me guess.......
IT WILL BE F-14 TOMCAT COPY :D

If it is a true 4th gen fighter. That is good enough for what Iran needs. An inexpensive mass produced fighter that can keep air supremacy over Iran, as the air defense system do their job.

Being somewhere on par with the SU-27, then it is better than buying some 10-20 SU-30SMs.

We'll see this week.

Mass produced Iranian made previous generation is far superior than a small handful of Russian made previous generation ++.

Back
Top Bottom