What's new

Iran unveiled indigenous "kowsar" fighter jet with 4th gen avionics

There shouldnt be any big problems with the R73 as the brazilian f5em upgrade can carry both the derby and the python 4 which are slightly heavier than the R73,and supposedly the singapore af f5s were upgraded to be compatible with the amraam[tho I havent been able to find any pics of them actually being carried]
F-5EM-Python-4.jpg

Oh my god.... look at the above 100% Brazilian made 4th generation heavy fighter-bomber.....

Vintage F-5 presented as IRI's 4th generation what-ever... Another b^ll-sh!t achievement from IRI's super advanced defence industry... Like I said LMFAO :rofl:

I know you are still angry ... But again !

Look at this as a demonstrator ...

In the next 2 years you will find out the main reason behind all this !
With aerial refueling probe?

Oh my god.... look at the above 100% Brazilian made 4th generation heavy fighter-bomber.....

brazil is a big country that has invested a lot in this particular field, have a lot of experience around their embraer. and this is one of their strongest fields . They also have access to foreign tech and help. Despite this, they are still behind a tiny country like Sweden who put similar effort into manned jets as an example

manned jets are an extremely low priority for irans defense industry. iran is heavily sanctioned and has no access to foreign tech. If you are expecting iran to be ahead of brazil in this field just because of simple pride. Then your in for disappointment.

irans manned aircraft program has never really impressed me personally, and ive always thought that it was more propaganda stunts then actual projects with them.

if it were up to me, id either try to get into a serious joint program with the Russians, or stop this propaganda nonsense and wasting time and money on garbage.

brazil is a big country that has invested a lot in this particular field, have a lot of experience around their embraer. and this is one of their strongest fields . They also have access to foreign tech and help. Despite this, they are still behind a tiny country like Sweden who put similar effort into manned jets as an example

manned jets are an extremely low priority for irans defense industry. iran is heavily sanctioned and has no access to foreign tech. If you are expecting iran to be ahead of brazil in this field just because of simple pride. Then your in for disappointment.

irans manned aircraft program has never really impressed me personally, and ive always thought that it was more propaganda stunts then actual projects with them.

if it were up to me, id either try to get into a serious joint program with the Russians, or stop this propaganda nonsense and wasting time and money on garbage.
No country going to share their latest tech with another country.

Great mile stone the Avionics package looks a recognizable upgrade , you can tell it is brand new Avionics package and the cock pit is comparable to any F16 cockpit

The claims of great mile stone can only be verified if they can make 100-150 plane induction for this model

How the old cockpit used to look like
2990879319_8958e520ec_b.jpg

Looks like a proper Digital Cockpit, New 4.25 Gen tech
DlHqTQSX4AEAcRG.jpg

kowsar-avionics-2-jpg.493762

i thought the Toufan 2 unveiling was quite impressive as well
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Well, after finding what really happened with this unveiling, I have to say I overreacted. Yes, I was angry when they unveiled an F-5 and called it "New" but thanks to western journalism I read Sebastian Roblin's article and it turns out they were supposed to unveil a Kowsar-88 jet with these new avionics packages but Kowsar was not ready and they instead used the F-5....well Kudos to the Iranian engineers and shame on the commanders for botching up yet another unveiling.
https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/iran’s-new-fighter-jet-isn’t-new-all-there-more-story-29722
PS: I will bet a 1000 bucks Mr. Roblin is in this very forum....

Great mile stone the Avionics package looks a recognizable upgrade , you can tell it is brand new Avionics package and the cock pit is comparable to any F16 cockpit

The claims of great mile stone can only be verified if they can make 100-150 plane induction for this model

My hope is they can arm it with the latest medium to long range anti-ship missiles to force the Washington terrorists deeper in the Arabian Sea.

Saudi Arabia would be ruined if they let their country be the launch pad to bomb Iran. Nearly all the Iranian missiles are capable of destroying Saudi Arabia. Any attack would be from the Sea. Getting too close would put all their ships in range of short to medium range anti-ship missiles.

So the further the Iranians can push back the Carriers and the cruisers launching cruise missiles, the more difficult it will be even to get the initial attack going.

My guess is they could only go out to sea about 100 km under cover of Iranian SAM or they would risk getting too far out and could be pick off by F/A-18s. This depends on the range of the Bavars.

The key to Iran's suvivial is offensive and defensive missiles. If the Kowsar can deliver anti-ship missiles, it is as important as something like an air superiority fighter. Which may be in the works.

Looks like progress on Avionics software package 100%

However until such unit is mass produced 100-150 Units in Iranian Air-force it is still just experimental technology impressive but no numbers to back up claims

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom