What's new

Iran unveiled indigenous "kowsar" fighter jet with 4th gen avionics

IMG_20180823_100544_553.jpg

On topic: Now that they showed the sub systems, I must say it's not that bad. Usain Bolt wasn't born a runner, First he crawled, Then he tried to stand with the help of furniture, Then he learned to stand without holding on, The he started walking on his own, And 22 years later, He became the fastest man alive!
I am that Zionist Illuminati Freemason infidel who merged the threads because there were three similar threads going on about the same topic.
Off topic: Are you a member of IJFC too?

I am that Zionist Illuminati Freemason infidel who merged the threads because there were three similar threads going on about the same topic.
yes, sure you are. else there was no
reason for this merge.

My thread was discussion about a specific product with specific properties, while the other threads were just about wild guesses about an unknown product. Yet you leaved those two threads untouched and merged this thread with mine.

Though, I appreciate your admission, at least now I know who I'm dealing with.

I would be happy if these cockpit put on F-313 :)
An also those these cockpit upgrade make Iranian F-5 have capability to use other AAM missile like AiM-54 and R-27 even R-72

OMG ... come on !

This tiny little jet will never ever be able to carry nor launch a R-72 and even less likely an AIM-54.
Did you ever made a fact-check what radar is necessary, what weight these AAMs have and what a F-5F can carry??

OMG ... come on !

This tiny little jet will never ever be able to carry nor launch a R-72 and even less likely an AIM-54.
Did you ever made a fact-check what radar is necessary, what weight these AAMs have and what a F-5F can carry??
Oh i forget to edit it what i mean is, is it has capability to arm with AiM-54 and R-73?
And also it has capability to carry at least 4 R-73 because of it's lighter than AiM-9 and it could be enough to fire it because the radar is new and possibly has range of 80-90 km (speculation)

Last edited:
yes, sure you are. else there was no
reason for this merge.

My thread was discussion about a specific product with specific properties, while the other threads were just about wild guesses about an unknown product. Yet you leaved those two threads untouched and merged this thread with mine.

Though, I appreciate your admission, at least now I know who I'm dealing with.

I am not sure about your thinking capabilities, but to clarify, when threads are merged, posts are arranged based on the dates they were posted, that's why your post is not first anymore. It's very simple, just try to understand.

Oh i forget to edit it what i mean is, is it has capability to arm with AiM-54 and R-73?
And also it has capability to carry at least 4 R-73 because of it's lighter than AiM-9 and it could be enough to fire it because the radar is new and possibly has range of 80-90 km (speculation)

That again is nonsense: The AIM-54 has a weight of how much kgs an how much can a wing pylon of a F-5F carry? Also a R-73 is much heavier (roughly 105-110 kg vs 85 kg) so simply forget it.
I would be happy if possible but without any proof to state this as a fact is unprofessional ... IMO fan-boy-like.

Come on ... just do a bit of your homework, it's indeed an achievement that the Iranian aircraft industries managed to reverse manufacture and update this type regardless or esp. in mind of all sanctions, but a weapon in the range of the AIM-54 is beyond reality. Not even the F-15, F-16 or F-18 carried that monster (of 450-480kg weight). And finally if reports are true and the radar is "related" to a Chinese system - maybe the KLJ-6E - even then it is plain impossible since that radar is not even able to guide radar guided missiles in PLAAF service.

Again, I do not want to downgrade the Iranian efforts, I have the higest respect for their achievement, but it is what it is: a reverse-manufactured 1960s design a bit popped up with modern avionics ... nothing less, but surely nothing more.

Deino

Back
Top Bottom