What's new

Iran unveiled indigenous "kowsar" fighter jet with 4th gen avionics

Okay my 100% honest take.

The air frame is F-5 agreed but what about all its systems. Yes it looks old from 70s but what about all the systems. Tell me which countries are making their own ejection seats? Tell me which countries are making their own jet engines and flying their jets with it? Which country has its own HUD system? They have started it and after USA Russia and China they are the only country to produce all equipment of a fighter jet domestically. I cannot judge it until I have specs. There is no info of its thrust to weight or Radar type or anything else my judgement needs info. But the declared systems Iran has achieved which hand full of countries have done. What most are doing is what India did with jf-17 but where is India and where do we stand today just in few years.

I'ts no use...
Listen, I'm an Iranian, I like Iran, irrespective of which political party is running things. But I have to say I believe this reveal tells us that this was all for domestic consumption and maybe a little duping of the folks in government. Duping by the military that is. How did I arrive at that? Well, only reason to unveil and rename a piece of existing hardware as something new is to show the civilian government/people some progress for all the money they've spent....same as F-313 that project is probably one big scam to fleece the government. We don't need it and it will never reach production. This is all a show, government and budgetary abuse at it's finest. Don't get me wrong this kind of crap goes on everywhere....every country, it's not unique to Iran.

Last edited:
I'ts no use...Listen, I'm an Iranian, I like Iran, irrespective of which political party is running things. But I have to say I believe this reveal tells us that this was all for domestic consumption and maybe a little duping of the folks in government. Duping by the military that is. How did I arrive at that? Well, only reason to do unveil and rename a piece of existing hardware as something new is to show the civilian government/people some progress for all the money they've spent....same as F-313 that project is probably one big scam to fleece the government. We don't need it and it will never reach production. This is all a show, government and budgetary abuse at it's finest. Don't get wrong this kind of crap goes on everywhere....every country, it's not unique to Iran.

Okay just one question what is the purpose of a fighter jet?

Can F-5 target with precision ammunition?
Can it target incoming fighter jets?
If it can do them both then where is the problem?
China is super power and it is still using f-7 why?
The purpose is not looks but the operation.
Kowsar can is close support and it can deliver that. The purpose is to bomb it can bomb the purpose is to fire a side winder and it can do that I fail to understand what is the problem every one is criticizing.

Okay just one question what is the purpose of a fighter jet?

The Purpose is to try to trick the Iranian people. To show that, "us Akhoonds did steal a lot, but look at this amazing weapon that we were able to give you.... be proud of your country, and look the other way while we steal the rest of your wealth".

It is an amazing 4th Generation weapon, 100% produced and designed by Iran.... it is a pure coincident that it looks identical to the US made F-5 from 60 years ago!

The Purpose is to try to trick the Iranian people. To show that, "us Akhoonds did steal a lot, but look at this amazing weapon that we were able to give you.... be proud of your country, and look the other way while we steal the rest of your wealth".

It is an amazing 4th Generation weapon, 100% produced and designed by Iran.... it is a pure coincident that it looks identical to the US made F-5 from 60 years ago!

F-5 made in 1960 you can also compare it to F-20 as well which was made in 1980 so what. Just because they used an old air frame design with new tech. The point is to make a kill. UAE just F-16 block 70 so where is the difference. F-16 is also old. Even migs are old. The whole point is to shoot a missile and drop a bomb was that achieved? Yes that has been achieved. Using modern targeting systems. Ak-47 is the oldest and the best gun nothing new can beat it.

Okay my 100% honest take.

The air frame is F-5 agreed but what about all its systems. Yes it looks old from 70s but what about all the systems. Tell me which countries are making their own ejection seats? Tell me which countries are making their own jet engines and flying their jets with it? Which country has its own HUD system? They have started it and after USA Russia and China they are the only country to produce all equipment of a fighter jet domestically. I cannot judge it until I have specs. There is no info of its thrust to weight or Radar type or anything else my judgement needs info. But the declared systems Iran has achieved which hand full of countries have done. What most are doing is what India did with jf-17 but where is India and where do we stand today just in few years.

I would give you an honorary Iranian citizenship. Thanks for your support.

I would give you an honorary Iranian citizenship. Thanks for your support.
I am not supporting any one but just viewed the systems of the jet in detail which were used in it. I still lack much info on the jet to make it a success or a failure. I just gave my honest take on what Iran did here. If you need 100 technologies to produce a good fighter jet iran just achieved 75 of them.

Can F-5 target with precision ammunition?
Can it target incoming fighter jets?
If it can do them both then where is the problem?
China is super power and it is still using f-7 why?
The purpose is not looks but the operation.
Kowsar can is close support and it can deliver that. The purpose is to bomb it can bomb the purpose is to fire a side winder and it can do that I fail to understand what is the problem every one is criticizing.
I have to say today was the first time it dawned on me that these thieves are trying to dupe people.....all this time I never understood why we didn't see a bunch of new Azarakesh or Shahed or Saba helicopters. I just now realized the people they are duping are NOT the westerners (or enemies) but the Iranian people and our government officials. This is a high tech plundering of government defense funds. I then went on the internet to see if there is any news articles about my hypothesis, I found this :

https://kayhanlife.com/news/business/deception-corruption-in-irans-defense-industries/

It's not hard to believe what they're doing , they're allocating 20 to 30 million Dollars (sometimes more) for research projects and then they produce a mock up or a fake and present it to someone like Rouhani or Ahmadinejad or show it in a parade as a homegrown piece of equipment then parked in a warehouse never to be seen again. mean while they steal 70% of the original budget for themselves...Brilliant

Last edited:
Guys ... They increased the number of homemade parts to 88% !

Look at this in another point of view...

Most of our best weapons based on old systems !

The most important part is the jet engine... I know it's a turbojet j-85 ... But the production capability is important here ...

Stop nagging ... Just look at our missiles

Most of them based on Soviet scud technology... But they are deadly as hell after years of modernization!

We can't match enemies in aerospace technology right now but we can out number them with much cheaper fighters !

What a fuking shame. Did these retards forget that they showed this 50 year old plane many times before?!

Reminds me of Iran khodro. They change the lights of Peykan, and say they have a totally new car.

Bro ... In ballistic missiles and air defense systems we started like this but fighter jets need a little more time ...

I have to say today was the first time it dawned on me that these thieves are trying to dupe people.....all this time I never understood why we didn't see a bunch of new Azarakesh or Shahed or Saba helicopters. I just now realized the people they are duping are NOT the westerners (or enemies) but the Iranian people and our government officials. This is a high tech plundering of government defense funds. I then went on the internet to see if there is any news articles about my hypothesis, I found this :

https://kayhanlife.com/news/business/deception-corruption-in-irans-defense-industries/

It's not hard to believe what they're doing , they're allocating 20 to 30 million Dollars (sometimes more) for research projects and then they produce a mock up or a fake and present it to someone like Rouhani or Ahmadinejad or show it in a parade as a homegrown piece of equipment then parked in a warehouse never to be seen again. mean while they steal 70% of the original budget for themselves...Brilliant
Unlike you I see a steady program first to overhaul existing and damaged f5 then starting to build a complete new one over time .. and now manufacturing 90% of that completely in Iran while all parts have got upgraded ... a corrupt system wouldn't be able to achieve all this .... How exhibiting production of all these subsystems and parts of a fighter jet is duping people? engine? jet seat? gear landing? which one?air frame?
You should ask yourself which country in level of Iran under decades sanction could do the same.

Sohail Agha....how much excuses are we to come up for these scum Mullah regime?
How much do they have to lie and screw up before we have enough of these lowlives.

I wouldnt have even minded, if they didnt make a big hype about this piece of crap F-5 copy. They are liers and thieves and have to be called out.

Without any offence intended towards our Iranian brothers but I find it hard to believe that Iran is able to produce a 100% indigenous 4+ generation fighter jet while being sanctioned prone.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom