What's new

Iran unveiled indigenous "kowsar" fighter jet with 4th gen avionics

Iranians need to couple it with most powerful radar they can find and a bvr missile...

Design is old but it seems to have low rcs

Iranians need to couple it with most powerful radar they can find and a bvr missile...

Design is old but it seems to have low rcs
Iran has a bvr missile from a very long time.

Today's warfare is look first shoot first

This fighter can do that
It is a 2 seater variant usually used in bombing and news also say that the get has an advanced RADAR although they did not disclosed what RADAR it is but I think they have developed a ground targeting RADAR.

It is a 2 seater variant usually used in bombing and news also say that the get has an advanced RADAR although they did not disclosed what RADAR it is but I think they have developed a ground targeting RADAR.

Too little fuel and payload for efficient bomber

Iran already has Phoenix BVR @Mrc this takes Iran in the bigger camp than India and Israel. Iran can develop its own fighter jets.

There is no info given on its payload in news. With the new engine I think it will have higher pay load.

Stop man. Look at there plane it’s pathetic. Payload or no payload. Just say what you really think no point sugar coating it.

Last edited:
Stop man. Look at there plane it’s pathetic. Payload or no payload. Just say what you really think no point sweet coating it.
Okay my 100% honest take.

The air frame is F-5 agreed but what about all its systems. Yes it looks old from 70s but what about all the systems. Tell me which countries are making their own ejection seats? Tell me which countries are making their own jet engines and flying their jets with it? Which country has its own HUD system? They have started it and after USA Russia and China they are the only country to produce all equipment of a fighter jet domestically. I cannot judge it until I have specs. There is no info of its thrust to weight or Radar type or anything else my judgement needs info. But the declared systems Iran has achieved which hand full of countries have done. What most are doing is what India did with jf-17 but where is India and where do we stand today just in few years.

Okay my 100% honest take.

The air frame is F-5 agreed but what about all its systems. Yes it looks old from 70s but what about all the systems. Tell me which countries are making their own ejection seats? Tell me which countries are making their own jet engines and flying their jets with it? Which country has its own HUD system? They have started it and after USA Russia and China they are the only country to produce all equipment of a fighter jet domestically. I cannot judge it until I have specs. There is no info of its thrust to weight or Radar type or anything else my judgement needs info. But the declared systems Iran has achieved which hand full of countries have done. What most are doing is what India did with jf-17 but where is India and where do we stand today just in few years.

I was not condemning there effort in building this fighter plane. Just Bemused by how it was being packaged and sold on here. I’m not even sure what will become of this plane is there a future for it? It’s definitely a backward step for them until they get help from other nations.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom