What's new

Iran to supply Russia with “hundreds” of Drones

In general, there is something to work on. However, in terms of power, the turbines available in Russia are significantly inferior to the German ones. In this regard, it is interesting that as a supplier of power plants, Germany can replace us with... Iran!

Yes, yes, it is the Islamic Republic. Six months ago, who would have thought that we would covet Iranian drones for our army, and now we will buy gas turbines from Tehran. Or rather, not to buy, but to exchange barter. At the end of May this year, it was somehow not particularly noticed that Iran and Russia had agreed on barter, where we would supply Tehran with steel, zinc, lead and alumina, and he would supply us with spare parts for cars and power turbines. Iranian Minister of Commerce and Industry Reza Fatemi Amin said this:

We have everything ready to supply spare parts to Russia. By the way, in the field of gas turbines, Iran has achieved modern technologies, which led to the signing of contracts with Russian power plants for repairs. Based on this, we can barter steel imports from Russia.

The fact is that the Islamic Republic is by no means some backward savage country, as it is portrayed in Western and Israeli propaganda. Iran is one of the world leaders in unmanned technology. Tehran has its own nuclear program. The Iranian company MAPNA Group is engaged in the development and implementation of thermal and renewable power plants, oil and gas, railway and other industrial projects, the production of basic equipment, including gas and steam turbines, electric generators, turbine blades, HRSG and conventional boilers, electrical and control systems, gas compressors, locomotives, and other equipment.

Under license, Siemens MAPNA Group produces powerful and heavy-duty gas turbines. So, in 2018, the company introduced an improved version of the power plant for hydroelectric power plants:

The efficiency of the new turbine, known as MAP2B, increased by 2%, which means a reduction in natural gas consumption by 20 million cubic meters per year for each turbine. Map2B's capacity has reached 185 megawatts, which is 28 MW more than in previous versions. What's more, it helps reduce greenhouse gas emissions, especially carbon dioxide, by as much as 40,000 tons.

Not everyone knows, but when after the Maidan the German concern forbade the supply of its power plants to the Crimea, Russia was seriously going to buy their analogues in Iran. Only berlin's tough stance prevented the deal. Apparently, a lot has changed now.

Shouldn't we think about localizing the production of Iranian turbines in Russia?

Last edited:
Maybe cause the technics behind the electronic communication is the same?

Nope. See my post you answered on.

Nope. In GPS the SAT sends a signal what your nav then translate together with other GPS-SAT-Signals from other GPS-SATs into coordinates. The nav do not connect to the GPS-SAT. Only receive.

Nope. Even transmission of vids can hop to other SAT while transmitting.

It would be an example if the TV-SATs would not tryed to be geo

What you maybe mean is if the e.g. a soccergame happens in Australia streamed over a geo-SAT over Australia and send from there to another geo-SAT which is e.g. over India and then from this India-SAT the stream then comes down to indian TV-stations. And there can be disturbances cause of e.g. densy clouds or sun erruptions or insufficient ground-receiver ect. pp..

In data networks, there normally (nowadays always) is a buffer on the reciving side. Since the beginning. The software of the reciving "network card" has a memory part where the recived data-packages get sorted in right order by the sequence-number of each package, depending on the transmit-protocol you use in your data-exchange, and then forwarded the so buffered and ordered packages in a defined bulk to the software what translate them into a vid. If one package is lost on the way, then the sender is informed to retransmit this package again. For e.g. TCP/IP-networks you can read something about here in this links

In vid streaming however protocols like TCP are not used cause there always can be a loss of a package and the informing of the sender and retransmission of every lost package will slow down viewing of the vid on the pc, tablet, whatever, cause of waiting for the retransmission of the lost package. So in IP world mostly the combination of UDP/IP is used for streaming, cause UDP do not have this control of lost packages. If a package is lost, UDP dont care. So vids can be seen without interuption. The loss of a package in UDP can then seen in the vids like there are some pixels or regions of a frame in the vid black or clutter or something like that.

And now lets look into the Elon-Musk-SAT-network. These SATs are all on low orbit and thus moving around the earth. So data from the ground sender have to hop from one SAT to another cause the SATs moving out of LOS and the sender have to hop to another SAT what comes into LOS. It is like you are sitting in a car with your mobile phone and streaming a vid while driving along a highway. The mobile phone have to hop off the base-station what is going out of LOS and hop on the base-station what is comming into LOS. And this works good if you do not drive to fast. The switch from one base station to another happend within a view ms with all the now managed new routing of the data-packages from the leaving base-station to the incoming new base-station and from there to your mobile phone. If you drive to fast, e.g. 150 miles per hour or more, you get interuptions in the vid cause the leaving base-station is faster going out of LOS than the incomming new base-station get the rerouted data stream for to send to you. And the same mechanism is with the Starlink-network. Whereas the SATs are high enough to cover a greater area and dens enough that the receiver have mostly two or more SATs he can connect to and moving slow enough around the world so the switching from one SAT to another wont interrupt your vid what you view in 25 frames per second. And the same is for sending, where the ground-station gets informed that it has to hop to a better/other SAT or the ground-station measure that the strength of the connection/signal of the SAT gets lower and thus for itself hops to another SAT with better quality. Glad to help you.

Edit:

In this link you can see some of the Starlink-SAT. If you click somewhere on the map you get info what SAT actually cover the region you right-clicked on...sometimes. Looks like its experimental and not always works.

This is not about the communication bit of the equation; this is about security. You keep explain how satellite communicate down-link does not mean anything, what I referred to is to gain access of the satellite in the first place.

As I explained before, if you can let people access a particular satellite at a certain time, then they can hijack that satellite, there are no way you can let people access the satellite unless you are given the "Keys" (Not literally keys)

I cannot tell you how Military satellite work other than it is different than commercial system, because commercial system is not running on the same propriety system, because you do not need to move a commercial satellite and you will need to if you try to guide a military vehicle.

Dude, I mean no offense but you have watched too many Hollywood movies.
Your idea of military satellites seems more like what they show in shitty TV series and movies like Prison Break or Resident Evil. lol

GPS satellites are in the MEO orbit and they're far from stationary and dedicated.
Also, orbit transfer is pretty energy consuming, particularly if you want to transfer from one circular orbit to another circular orbit.
And if your orbit ends up not circular and more elliptic, your satellite starts losing energy which you have to compensate for in some way to keep the satellite in that orbit.

As Hack-Hook said, each satellite in a non-geostationary orbit covers you for a period of time before it goes out of sight. And when that happens, you have to switch to another one which is in your sight. That's why positioning systems like GPS, GLONASS, Beidou, etc. all use dozens of satellites in non-geostationary orbits. Although, Beidou also has 7 satellites in GEO but that's probably for communication rather than surveillance and positioning.

GPS currently operates a constellation of 32 satellites (of which 31 are operational as of 2022). And all of them are in the MEO orbit at an altitude of about 20 kilometers. GLONASS operates a constellation of 24 satellites. And Beidou operates a constellation of 35 satellites. And these numbers are enough for the satellites in their constellations to cover the Earth with enough positioning accuracy.
I did not watch movie, I used Military Satellite in my job when I was in Afghanistan. I know how geo-stational orbit satellite works.

And again, you are seeing Military Sat constellation like Milstar the same way you look at Commercial Satellite or dual use satellite (Like Baidou or Skynet) Those are different because you just take over the bandwidth of commercial satellite in any application, but in Military Operation, you take over THE ENTIRE SYSTEM.

Again, how are you going to guide a drone if you have to switch ssatellite mid-way? You can't, because you will lose the picture. In the military (Not sure how Russia work, but this is how US work) you task a dedicated satellite for a specific time and use them to communicate with your ISTAR asset.

Last edited:
you just not a technical guy , sat don't have the ability to decide the stream is encrypted or not , its done by the drone and control center. sat just need a key to knew its an authorized stream
every one can recieve satellite stream with some 50$ of equipment and a laptop. now if they can understand what they get is completely another matter.

you are welcome not to tell me if you think military and civilian grade gps are provided by two different set of satellite

I am not talking about stream encryption; I am talking about user interface encryption. As I explained before, you can crack the stream does not mean you can log into the system.

And no, Military uses different navigation satellite than civilian one. For starter, military application required automation and third party user control, none of these are available on Commerical Satellite.

so every sat phone on the planet when want to connect order the satellite to move in his position , or as i understand by your solution , one sat for one receiver? and that's the case for every satellite internet receiver.o_O. no the satellite only need to cover the area its duty of the ground control and drone to align their antenna toward the satellite
by the way are they still product equipment without two-way handshake ? man its ages I didn't seen anything that simple to hack , American army standard must be very low if they are still concerned about two sided handshake , its become clear to me how ISIS in Iraq were able to watch USA spy drones feed live.

Dude, ISIS cracked the stream because it hack into the ground station who received the feed, not the Satellite that send the feed, if they can hack into the Satellite, they would not be just able to hack the stream, they can hack the satellite by using it to monitor US troop, the fact that they only able to hack the stream suggest it was the ground station problem, not the satellite problem.

the encryption is not used in transmitting , it only used in what you call handshake , the stream is encrypted by the drone and satellite or its owner have no way to control it . let put it like this china buy one rq-4 from USA , which satellite they use to control it USA satellites or their own satellite ?
That's the reason why we NEVER sell RQ-4 to China, because if we did, we either have to give them encryption or they will reverse engineering it. It's the same why US does not sell Turkey F-35 when they went after Russian S-400, you need to implement an "Access" system on what Turkey uses if they want to use American software, and if we give them that access and put it into S-400, this mean we are giving Russian access to the "Access" when they service the S-400 system.

That's the same with the drone.

This is not about the communication bit of the equation; this is about security. You keep explain how satellite communicate down-link does not mean anything, what I referred to is to gain access of the satellite in the first place.

As I explained before, if you can let people access a particular satellite at a certain time, then they can hijack that satellite, there are no way you can let people access the satellite unless you are given the "Keys" (Not literally keys)

I cannot tell you how Military satellite work other than it is different than commercial system, because commercial system is not running on the same propriety system, because you do not need to move a commercial satellite and you will need to if you try to guide a military vehicle.
and we several time said there is not just 1 key you can have thousands of key each allow a different level of access

Dude, ISIS cracked the stream because it hack into the ground station who received the feed, not the Satellite that send the feed, if they can hack into the Satellite, they would not be just able to hack the stream, they can hack the satellite by using it to monitor US troop, the fact that they only able to hack the stream suggest it was the ground station problem, not the satellite problem.
dude they didn'rt do that , they could watch the stream because you guys in your infinite wisdom decided not to encrypt the stream

Nope. You mix up different OSI layers and ingress and egress and ports and sockets and protocolls.

Nope. You mix up different OSI layers and ingress and egress and ports and sockets and protocolls.
Nope, and I am not talking about OSI.

And you obviously mixed up the requirement of handshake and protocol, those are different.

and we several time said there is not just 1 key you can have thousands of key each allow a different level of access

You CAN'T have thousands of keys otherwise ALL the system would have been issued with multiple thousands of keys. No one in any military would have issue thousands of log in keys to their service. That is just looking for troubke,

dude they didn'rt do that , they could watch the stream because you guys in your infinite wisdom decided not to encrypt the stream

Again, I am not talking about the stream, I am talking about logging into the satellite and control it.

Also, its really not a big deal to encrypt the stream to begin with, you can see it but then does that mean you can get away with it? By the time you saw it in real time, it would have already been too late, either the whatever deployed to get you is in place or the bomb coming from a beam rider would have already drop.

It's like the show cops, just because criminal are watching it on TVs live does not mean they can get away from the cops. You don't know it was you until it was too late.

Iran hosts Russia's army games 2022 in drone sector (plus diving and sniper), hence the presence of Russians in Kashan drone base.

Mighty US intelligence and it's satellites :lol:

3560222.jpg

Imagine using SU fighte jets family to track and target something like HIMARS a highly mobile missile complex on the battlefield.

You would not only lose money but also you put the fighter and the pilot into danger of being tracked by ground based ADs.

Drones are most useful and cost effective solution at tracking and also attacking enemy artillery/missile units. Given that Russians cannot send choppers to do the mission due to insane flow of MANPADs into Ukraine, they go for drones. I hope its true and our drones become battle tested where MANPADs rule Ukrainian skies.

To whom it may concern: Arestovych has a reputation of being a clown of rarely seen proportions (even more so than his boss Zelensky) with a marked habit of talking certified, real nonsense almost around the clock. Ask any Russian who's been following the events in Ukraine.

In fact Arestovych out of all people making the claim shouldn't be a cause for celebration to those of us who'd like this story about Iranian UAV's to be true. If it is inaccurate though (and Iran issued a denial suggesting it's fake news), Arestovych's statement will warrant a summons of the Ukrainian ambassador by Iran's Foreign Ministry.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom