What's new

Iran to supply Russia with “hundreds” of Drones

I still don't believe this kind of evidence. Which could really be a picture of anything.

Iran gifted Russia a Yasir (scan eagle copy) to the Russians years ago.

They never (for whatever reason) managed to reverse engineer this. Yasir (with its SAR) would have been perfect for frontline and urban warfare fighting.

Russians dismissed UAVs, as Iran dismisses Fighter jets. Let hope in case of Iran they never have remorse for that.

Russians dismissed UAVs, as Iran dismisses Fighter jets. Let hope in case of Iran they never have remorse for that.
Perhaps dismissing aircraft was the correct decision. For example, could we compete with Saudi Arabia in the air, especially when every major NATO power would support them in a hypothetical scenario with aircraft replacement and AD. Strong no, is my guess. It's a losing game for our special situation.

It can't. Actually, it's like asking your GPS to pick up GLOSS Signal.

Each SAT uplink is linked to its terminal, that's the reason why it's direct and secure, and that terminal cannot move to another system unless you have proprietary access to the system. That mean for the simplest term, if I have a GPS system that pick up GPS signal, it cannot be used to pick up Baidu satellite signal unless I have something that can access and descramble it. Which would mean I will have to have the source code for it.

I don't think Russia are prepare to lay bear on their entire Satellite system to the Iranian, we are not talking about some Sport live streaming event, we are talking about the entire defence satellite system Russian use. I don't think Russia would share it with China, let alone Iran.........
I said communication , nothing about all Russians defense network.
by the way every cell phone todays use GPS, Glonass and Beidu, and the top models even use European one , does it means those system are compromised.

Perhaps dismissing aircraft was the correct decision. For example, could we compete with Saudi Arabia in the air, especially when every major NATO power would support them in a hypothetical scenario with aircraft replacement and AD. Strong no, is my guess. It's a losing game for our special situation.
wrong. without airforce , your ground force don't have real protection and ground based airdefense without airforce to sup[port them are lacking.

Persian Gulf arabs are too useless but what about the American and Israeli airforce? They could easily achieve aerial supremacy fast (especially if the US is involved) and we will lose control over our skies. What is the plan next? Shoot missiles while the enemy aircrafts pound every ground target they can find?

Anyone thinking that Bavar's, Khordad's are going to stop the massive aerial assault by the USAF is a little child or if a grown man, delusional... like many here.

I said communication , nothing about all Russians defense network.
by the way every cell phone todays use GPS, Glonass and Beidu, and the top models even use European one , does it means those system are compromised.
That's what you do not understand.

Every countries satellite comes with proprietary software, in the simplest term, every satellite system is scrambled so no one but you (Or whoever can access to it) can access, to access it, you need to be able to descramble the signal. Which mean you need to have a set of code that written somewhere in a ROM chip with your device to descramble that signal.

Again, you are not talking about commercial satellite like the one MLB used to relay live World Series game, you are talking about Military Guidance satellite, I don't think when Russia is building those military satellite they would have built it in a way it can be share to Iran in mind, otherwise YOU CAN ALREADY ACCESS IT. Which mean unless Russia wanted to share that code with you, which most likely the same piece of software that was used across the entire platform simply because no country is dumb (Or smart, depends on how you see it) to have each satellite have different proprietary access. Which mean most likely if you get access to one, you get access to ALL of their military satellite.

Also, GPS, GLONASS and Beidu is "Commercial" Satellite because normal folks like you and me can access to it, sure if your device have the source code for all 3 you can access to all 3, which you can, with a price, but as I said, we are talking about Military Guidance system, not commercial system, do everyday American get access to Military GPS system which most people don't even know that existed??.

That's what you do not understand.

Every countries satellite comes with proprietary software, in the simplest term, every satellite system is scrambled so no one but you (Or whoever can access to it) can access, to access it, you need to be able to descramble the signal. Which mean you need to have a set of code that written somewhere in a ROM chip with your device to descramble that signal.

Again, you are not talking about commercial satellite like the one MLB used to relay live World Series game, you are talking about Military Guidance satellite, I don't think when Russia is building those military satellite they would have built it in a way it can be share to Iran in mind, otherwise YOU CAN ALREADY ACCESS IT. Which mean unless Russia wanted to share that code with you, which most likely the same piece of software that was used across the entire platform simply because no country is dumb (Or smart, depends on how you see it) to have each satellite have different proprietary access. Which mean most likely if you get access to one, you get access to ALL of their military satellite.

Also, GPS, GLONASS and Beidu is "Commercial" Satellite because normal folks like you and me can access to it, sure if your device have the source code for all 3 you can access to all 3, which you can, with a price, but as I said, we are talking about Military Guidance system, not commercial system, do everyday American get access to Military GPS system which most people don't even know that existed??.
we are talking about communication , and the degree of encryption is just a key .
you can use the satellite but if you don't have Russian encryption keys you cant access their communication , but it don't mean if they allow you cant use it to have your communication .

by the way Beidu , glonass and GPS are military equipment not commercial ones .
after what happened to Korean flight , USA opened a lower quality channel of GPS for commercial use.
and no you don't need any source code for it ,, you just need to knew the protocol . just like the modems . there is no need for telecommunication service provider knew the source code on them they just need to use the same protocol.

if you want me to put forward an example in military field for you . remember at first in Iraq usa drones have unencrypted feeds and Iraqi very easily tapped into their satellite well when it come to light USA didn't changed the satellite .they just they just updated the software on the drones to encrypt the data and the satellite didn't care at all

Iran should definitely send drones to Russia. This is a good opportunity to hit the amricans and europeans at a different theater. They will only have to take it lying down as their is nothing left to sanction.
It would be handy to test the drones against NATO systems. However we also want to keep a neutral position in this war.

wrong. without airforce , your ground force don't have real protection and ground based airdefense without airforce to sup[port them are lacking.
lol okay. I mean Ukraine literally has no airforce and has not suffered any issues from Russian air attacks but okay.

Iran can sell the American RQ drone captured in 2011 to China.
nobody like the chinese will have the correct tools for a perfect reverse engineering.

Seems like the package includes stealth Shaheds. Production capacity is 20-23/year. Iran can supply the 20-30 out of the current fleet of ~50 from its own Arsenal and produce the same number for itself in 1-1.5 years.

1658093408495.png

Seems like the package includes stealth Shaheds. Production capacity is 20-23/year. Iran can supply the 20-30 out of the current fleet of ~50 from its own Arsenal and produce the same number for itself in 1-1.5 years.

View attachment 862817
Not sure they'd want to deplete their own inventory like that. Still need to keep stock for own purposes. Perhaps new production batches would be transferred but not existing stock instead.

Iranian factories would run along side Russia factories to produce for their war effort.

lol okay. I mean Ukraine literally has no airforce and has not suffered any issues from Russian air attacks but okay.
and Russia don't knew how to use air force , they even don't knew how to use drones.
the only thing they knew is how to mass artillery fire.
want to see how airforce supposed to be used you must look at some other countries

Not sure they'd want to deplete their own inventory like that. Still need to keep stock for own purposes. Perhaps new production batches would be transferred but not existing stock instead.

Iranian factories would run along side Russia factories to produce for their war effort.

The inventory of Stealth Shaheds was something around ~50 in 2021 if are to believe the aviation week article published by crack BT. If production never actually stopped Iran currently may have ~70 such stealth UCAVS, so a transfer of ~30 won't change much in Iranian doctrine for now. These are attack UCAVs are supposed to enter the enemy airspace undetected and stay there for some time while Iran has a fleet of around ~300 MALE UCAVs.

My own idea is that Iran might supply few operational ones like 1.5-2 squadron and rest can be taken for TOT production by some aviation company in Russia. In return, Iran should ask for GLONASS, SU-35S/MIG-35 TOT to be taken up by HESA or atleast a good amount of help in Kowsar-II. Gone are the days we needed help in AShCM/AShBM or Air defence.

in a war everybody will see it , dont worry

Turkish TB-3 , ANKA-S and AKSUNGUR UCAVs to use indigenous TEI PD-170 Turbodiesel Aviation Engine , not turboprop

Turkiye has developed TEI TS-1400 turboshaft gas turbine engine for Helicopters

and to convert turboshaft engine to turboprop engine from core engine
they are not indigenous at all .all kits are from germany canada england ... dont forget when they are dont give you engines for thoese drones who dont make even one screw of it lol

Back
Top Bottom