What's new

Iran to supply Russia with “hundreds” of Drones

Iran wants to be careful not to anger Ukraine. For this reason, it has to maintain its neutral stance even if it is pro-Russian.

FXvMS-IVsAI0qdU

The exact copy of this thread was opened 3 months ago. It seems the fate of both thread are the same.

We'll probably watch the third thread in 2-3 months.

Vicious circle.

Iran wants to be careful not to anger Ukraine. For this reason, it has to maintain its neutral stance even if it is pro-Russian.

FXvMS-IVsAI0qdU

The exact copy of this thread was opened 3 months ago. It seems the fate of both thread are the same.

We'll probably watch the third thread in 2-3 months.

Vicious circle.
Nobody cares about angering Ukraine or not. Ukraine is a nobody that is getting even weaker as the war continues.
Iran does not want to side with Russia directly because Russia is an aggressor and it goes against our principles to directly support them.

Iran has to maintain a certain level of neutrality in the Ukraine-Russia conflict for our propaganda to work. I mean we always blame the US for supporting the occupation of Palestine by Israel. We can't support the occupation of Ukrainian territory by Russia because of that. However, when it comes to geopolitical interests, there's no doubt that we are closer to Russia than Ukraine.

In this particular case, whether it goes through or not completely depends on what Russia could offer in return. Iran does not trust Russia after their monkey business in the S300 deal. So, anything that is offered to Iran should be done in a way that Iran knows it will happen for sure, maybe Russia should even initiate the exchange.

I am quite aware of Lashkar Abad, but that facility has not been active in laser enrichment since E3+1 talks in 2004 and the extent of their success in industrial level enrichment has never been publicized or is not publicly or officially known at all. Also, Iran wasn't really self-sufficient back then as Iran imported at least copper vapor lasers back then. The status of laser enrichment in Iran after 2004 is unclear.

Laser enrichment in Iran started in 1970s. In fact, it was an American expert who transferred the technology to Iran in late 1970s. Back then, the Americans could enrich 1 kilogram of uranium from 0.7% to 5% in a single day. The Shah had a very ambitious nuclear program and Akbar Etemad, the then head of the AEOI, was highly interested in acquiring the technology even in 1970s.

"However, a 2013 report from the Institute for Science and International Security (ISIS) concluded that Iran may be continuing to pursue laser enrichment technology at Lashkar Ab’ad. The authors of the report, David Albright and Serena Kelleher-Vergantini, analyzed satellite imagery of substantial recent construction at the Lashkar Ab’ad site in the context of articles on laser technology from Iranian scientific journals and official statements." [1]

[1] David Albright and Serena Kelleher-Vergantini, “Lashkar Ab’ad: Iran’s Unexplained Laser Enrichment Capabilities,” Institute for Science and International Security, 29 July 2013, isis.org.

Analysts of ISIS (David Albright) connect the construction at Lashkar Abad Enrichment facility to series of papers published from iran in 2010s in SJR journals on laser-induced isotopic enrichment.

"However, a 2013 report from the Institute for Science and International Security (ISIS) concluded that Iran may be continuing to pursue laser enrichment technology at Lashkar Ab’ad. The authors of the report, David Albright and Serena Kelleher-Vergantini, analyzed satellite imagery of substantial recent construction at the Lashkar Ab’ad site in the context of articles on laser technology from Iranian scientific journals and official statements." [1]

[1] David Albright and Serena Kelleher-Vergantini, “Lashkar Ab’ad: Iran’s Unexplained Laser Enrichment Capabilities,” Institute for Science and International Security, 29 July 2013, isis.org.
Yeah, but the IAEA has not reached such a conclusion. Lashkar Abad is a well-known facility that has been known to the IAEA since the PMD case. And David Albright is known for being wrong on the Iranian nuclear program since the time of the Bush administration and he has provided no proof for his claim. There's nothing publicly known about laser enrichment in Iran after the E3+1 agreement in 2004, negotiated by the infamous treasonous cunt called Hassan Rouhani.

Yeah, but the IAEA has not reached such a conclusion. Lashkar Abad is a well-known facility that has been known to the IAEA since the PMD case. And David Albright is known for being wrong on the Iranian nuclear program since the time of the Bush administration and he has provided no proof for his claim. There's nothing publicly known about laser enrichment in Iran after the E3+1 agreement in 2004, negotiated by the infamous treasonous cunt called Hassan Rouhani.

He is not claiming that enrichment is going on there. In fact the only public source on that site came from him where he mentioned that equipment has been transfered from the site. He is just connecting the further construction on that site to Iranian SJR publications on laser-induced isoptic isolations that something may be going on there.

Or not!

Point I was making earlier was that Iran has this demonstrated laser induced isotopic isolation capability.

He is not claiming that enrichment is going on there. In fact the only public source on that site came from him where he mentioned that equipment has been transfered from the site. He is just connecting the further construction on that site to Iranian SJR publications on laser-induced isoptic isolations that something may be going on there.

Or not!

Point I was making earlier was that Iran has this demonstrated laser induced isotopic isolation capability.
Well, yeah. In fact, as I told you, laser enrichment in Iran dates back to the time of the Shah. It was an American scientist called Jeff Eerkens that transferred the technology to Iran by writing a letter to the Shah, asking for funds, and then getting invited to Iran.
But Iran was never self-sufficient in laser enrichment prior to 2004. We imported copper vapor laser for isotope separation from Russia and possibly China. Sharif University was allegedly involved in the procurement of dual-use equipment for the nuclear program of Iran, mostly from Europe. Whether the situation has changed since then or not remains a mystery but I suppose Iran is much more self-sufficient in that area now.

Some day when I have time I should write about the military dimensions of Iran's nuclear program during the time of the Shah and in 1990s. I mean a lot of information is out about the AMAD project, but there are still a lot of missing links that I haven't seen them mentioned systematically to give a complete view of where Iran was before changing course in 2004.

Well, yeah. In fact, as I told you, laser enrichment in Iran dates back to the time of the Shah. It was an American scientist called Jeff Eerkens that transferred the technology to Iran by writing a letter to the Shah, asking for funds, and then getting invited to Iran.
But Iran was never self-sufficient in laser enrichment prior to 2004. We imported copper vapor laser for isotope separation from Russia and possibly China. Sharif University was allegedly involved in the procurement of dual-use equipment for the nuclear program of Iran, mostly from Europe. Whether the situation has changed since then or not remains a mystery but I suppose Iran is much more self-sufficient in that area now.

Yes and that is what David is saying too. He is practically saying that since Iranian scientists have been publishing good papers on Laser-induced isotopic separation techniques and there has been constructive activity noticed on the site (which I guess has not been accessible by IAEA ?), so there is a possibility that the facility may have started working again.

Yes and that is what David is saying too. He is practically saying that since Iranian scientists have been publishing good papers on Laser-induced isotopic separation techniques and there has been constructive activity noticed on the site (which I guess has not been accessible by IAEA ?), so there is a possibility that the facility may have started working again.
What articles he's referring to? I wonder.

Some day when I have time I should write about the military dimensions of Iran's nuclear program during the time of the Shah
in 1977 a book came out named "Crash of 79" the book was by P. Erdman and was written in 1976...In the book he talks about Iran's secret nuclear program and the nuclear bomb during the shah..

I be interested to see what you have..(PS: I did my Masters in Laser Tech..built an actual CO2 laser interferometer the year was 1978..IEI asked me to work on the laser technology during my interview in NY)..so long ago..lol

in 1977 a book came out named "Crash of 79" the book was by P. Erdman and was written in 1976...In the book he talks about Iran's secret nuclear program and the nuclear bomb during the shah..

I be interested to see what you have..(PS: I did my Masters in Laser Tech..built an actual CO2 laser interferometer the year was 1978..IEI asked me to work on the laser technology during my interview in NY)..so long ago..lol
Yes, the Shah had a very ambitious nuclear program that could've turned Iran into another Israel in the region. I'm not surprised that the Americans eventually stopped supporting him when a revolution was imminent.

If you can read articles published in subscription journals, look for the article with this DOI: 10.1080/10736700.2013.769376
I use sci-hub to read the article, but since you live in Canada, I thought that might be a copyright infringement and cause you trouble. Anyway, the article is about an American scientist named Jeff Eerkins who transferred laser enrichment know-how to Iran in 1970s by writing a letter to the Shah of Iran. It's a good read. I also have an archive of how Iran procured dual-use equipment in 1990s, mostly by the Physics Department of Sharif University. Most of them could be allegations against Iran fabricated by the US, but it's still quite informative about how a country can go nuclear covertly and if true, it shows the extent of Iran's nuclear ambitions at that time.

Also, when you read how the AEOI could recruit an American expert by the will of the expert himself, you can see how serious proliferation risks could be. Saudi Arabia may already be doing the same thing with American, Chinese, Western European, Indian, Pakistani or ex-Soviet experts. It is now in public domain that Iran did benefit a lot from Soviet nuclear experts like Danilenko. I believe Saudi Arabia is already going nuclear covertly and the proliferation risks are quite serious in our region.

Back
Top Bottom