What's new

Iran Starts 60% Uranium Enrichment

my brother the i highly advise you don't quoting Ordinary Iranian people sources,

all I say you to wait week , just a week not more ,

اولین محصول اورانیوم با غنای ۶۰درصد تولید شد

I think Iran finally had a "Pakistan moment"...this is when after India detonated their nuclear bomb Pakistan prime minister (I think it was the late Ali Bhutto ) who declared "
“We(Pakistan) will eat grass, even go hungry, but we will get one of our own (Atom bomb).... We have no other choice!”

bhu.jpg

great man..God bless his soul he was a good friend of Iran.

Iranian leadership finally coming in-line with what Iranian people want.

So much for the big bad Mossad Sabotage attack that "halted Iran's enrichment for 9 months". Hey Trench Foot go cry into your pillow!

5 grams every hour means it would take 50,000
or over 417 days to have 50kg of enriched uranium at 60%

Basically the amount being enriched is very low indicating not a whole lot of SWU.

That is the problem here, loss of significant leverage. We will see in the coming weeks how they are able to rectify this with more centrifuges. But right now they are short up to 4000 SWU from pre-attack.

Basically the amount being enriched is very low indicating not a whole lot of SWU.

That is the problem here, loss of significant leverage. We will see in the coming weeks how they are able to rectify this with more centrifuges. But right now they are short up to 4000 SWU from pre-attack.

They'll probably begin with replacing defective centrifuges soon, and we'll see a gradual increase in production rates most likely.

why Salehi should give this kind of static with this level of accuracy ... ???

Why not? The IAEA will report it very precisely anyway. And anyone who knows about IR-4 and IR-6 machines and the numbers that have been installed recently can ballpark it on his own.

Because Salehi talks to the average Iranian citizen. He thinks we are naive and only his brilliant MIT brain exists.

Truth of the matter is Israel is more concerned with 1 ton of uranium at 5% enrichment then a mere 50kg at 60% in the course of 12-18 months.

It’s not the same leverage.

Posed another way: what would be more concerning.... Iran having a stockpile of 500kg of enriched uranium at 3% every month or Iran having .5kg at 99% enrichment every month?

Why not? The IAEA will report it very precisely anyway. And anyone who knows about IR-4 and IR-6 machines and the numbers that have been installed recently can ballpark it on his own.

Exactly. Salehi is just trying to make the best of a bad situation.

Most experts aren’t concerned about the 60% hike because such a small amount is being actually enriched. Basically “lab” amounts.

Now if Iran ends up installing 1,000 IR-6’s like it claims. Then the story changes as that is equilavent to 10,000 SWU and will replace the 4000-5000 SWU taken offline by the take by 200%

Exactly. Salehi is just trying to make the best of a bad situation.

Most experts aren’t concerned about the 60% hike because such a small amount is being actually enriched. Basically “lab” amounts.

Now if Iran ends up installing 1,000 IR-6’s like it claims. Then the story changes as that is equilavent to 10,000 SWU and will replace the 4000-5000 SWU taken offline by the take by 200%
This whole 60% thing is a political statement rather than an achievement as I said earlier. It serves no practical purpose, but to prove that Iran is no longer abiding by its previous thresholds that it had set for itself voluntarily.

That's all that it's good for. And although it is insignificant from an enrichment point of view, it is a strong political signal in my opinion, because unlike 20% enrichment which is used for the Tehran research reactor, Iran has no justifiable excuse for 60% enrichment. So, Iran is basically telling the Westerners that I will enrich my uranium to any percentage that I want and I don't even bother to come up with a justification for it.

Honestly, if things continue to move in this path, I won't be surprised if Iran also declares that it no longer abides by the 2000km range restriction for our BMs. In fact, I expect to see some developments in that regard by the end of the current Iranian year. Unless things drastically change and the Westerners can come up with a tempting deal that can pacify the regime (which is not very likely to happen), it seems that we will reach that point after the new government comes to power and Iran changes her foreign policies again.

As a side note, the output of a thousand IR-6 centrifuges would be less than 6800 SWU/year in practice. And Iran will not use all of it for 60% enrichment obviously. Maybe only one cascade of it would be used for 60% enrichment. And they will probably feed that cascade with 20% enriched uranium, of which we have about 20Kg at the moment, and after that 4.5% enriched uranium.

Last edited:
Amazing how people are still discussing about the shi.t clownshow put on display by IR. 3% 5% 20% 60% we have heard it all. What are the results? What the heck are they doing? What has it achieved? What is the end goal? There has been no clear answer provided by IR to each one of those questions. I am afraid we are in a vicious circle here we are already discussing these issues for more than 15 years and we didn't move a single centimetre forward. I am more interested in the infiltration and security lapses than the nuclear program for now. And of course the continued lack of action from Khamenei and the IRGC regarding Israel. These are more serious matters.. establish security first.

Amazing how people are still discussing about the shi.t clownshow put on display by IR. 3% 5% 20% 60% we have heard it all. What are the results? What the heck are they doing? What has it achieved? What is the end goal? There has been no clear answer provided by IR to each one of those questions. I am afraid we are in a vicious circle here we are already discussing these issues for more than 15 years and we didn't move a single centimetre forward. I am more interested in the infiltration and security lapses than the nuclear program for now. And of course the continued lack of action from Khamenei and the IRGC regarding Israel. These are more serious matters.. establish security first.

There is no way for Iran to 'establish security' (easily) when the entire (or at-least some of it) supply chain has been infiltrated by saboteurs left, right and center with traitors numbering in the thousands willing to help Israel and whomever else achieve their goals. You'd be much better off convincing a squirrel that he's a shark or hoping for pigs to fly rather than waiting for Iran to address its dire internal security needs.....As said numerous times before (in one form or another), this is an issue that will come to haunt Iran for decades to come. I'm sort of wondering if Israel has plants/bombs located in IRGC missile bases (supply chain related sabotage) that are also waiting to go off if any sort of escalation happens, that'll be the biggest icing on this shit-cake to date if such a thing were to ever transpire.......

What would Iran have to do in order to fix this problem?
  • More advanced screening equipment
  • Better vetting procedures (personnel related)
  • Increased security measures (totally revamped)
  • New vision for internal intelligence services
  • Combat against domestic sedition within the nation in order to counteract Israeli local recruitment
  • Try and spur more 'patriotism' (idk)
I'm just throwing out ideas at this point.

Back
Top Bottom