What's new

Iran Slaps the Sanctions and build its own Locomotive

As for sanctions. Serious sanctions started only in 2012. But Iranian economy was oil based in 2011, and 2010 and in 2009... Also sanctions are the result of Iranian dumb policies and nothing else. Ahmadinejad tried very hard to get sanctions.

so what do you want ???

putting Palestinians in hot chocolate ???

Iran unveils national locomotive engine:wave:
TEHRAN, Apr. 1 (MNA) -- Iran unveiled a locomotive which runs on a domestically-made heavy diesel engine on March 29.

The locomotive will soon join the national railway fleet.

First Vice-President Mohammad-Reza Rahimi attended the unveiling ceremony.

Iran currently stands among the top 12 countries in the world which possess the technology to produce heavy diesel engines.

Iran will soon start to mass produce the newly-unveiled diesel locomotive engines to renovate its rail fleet.

Iran will soon start to mass produce the newly-unveiled diesel locomotive engines to renovate its rail fleet.
Iran-Unveils-National-Locomotive-Engine6.jpg

Iran-Unveils-National-Locomotive-Engine2.jpg

Iran-Unveils-National-Locomotive-Engine5.jpg

A true slap in face of USA and NATO

A true lesson for Pakistan who with out Sanctions can't make a scooter engine let alone Locomotive engine

Give us Ahmadenjad for 5 years with the same attitude he has now, take Zardari for 5 years and we will see who can do what

Iran unveils national locomotive engine:wave:
TEHRAN, Apr. 1 (MNA) -- Iran unveiled a locomotive which runs on a domestically-made heavy diesel engine on March 29.

The locomotive will soon join the national railway fleet.

First Vice-President Mohammad-Reza Rahimi attended the unveiling ceremony.

Iran currently stands among the top 12 countries in the world which possess the technology to produce heavy diesel engines.

A true slap in face of USA and NATO

A true lesson for Pakistan who with out Sanctions can't make a scooter engine let alone Locomotive engine

A big lesson and a big laanat on Pakistan leaders.

As for sanctions. Serious sanctions started only in 2012. But Iranian economy was oil based in 2011, and 2010 and in 2009... Also sanctions are the result of Iranian dumb policies and nothing else. Ahmadinejad tried very hard to get sanctions.

Could you elaborate on this?

Can anyone of you guys explain more about Iranian railways ?

Is it more for freight transport or passenger trains are a major part in the Railways ?

Is it more for freight transport or passenger trains are a major part in the Railways ?

I think mostly freight transport. I think trains only got popular in the past 5 years. Iranian govt removed fuel susidies and limited the amount of gas people could buy with discounted prices (over a certain # of liters people would have to pay market price like the rest of the world) and suddenly people actually started looking at alternative methods of travel. Now I think people load up their cars on freight trains and use the trains instead of driving b/c it turns out cheaper. But still, there's little culture of travelling on trains in Iran still. It will change in the future.

Iran has a relatively extensive rail system, existing from 1920s. It's used for both passenger and freight transports, and many more important railways are under construction.There is still a long way ahead:

Here's the map:
Map.jpg

Existing railways : 9,000 KM
Under construction: 4000 KM
Under phase study: 12,000 KM

Under phase study is quite impressive.

A casual question. Do you guys use railways often ? I mean people her on PDF. How is the quality of travel ? For 150 Km, I may have to pay $ 1 for a general class railway, which of course will be crowded but its quite cheap in India.

Under phase study is quite impressive.

A casual question. Do you guys use railways often ? I mean people her on PDF. How is the quality of travel ? For 150 Km, I may have to pay $ 1 for a general class railway, which of course will be crowded but its quite cheap in India.
Actually, I personally love travelling with train.The last time I used it was 8 months ago, the reason is we actually travel with car or plane.

There are different classes of trains, the cheapest is about 3 dollars if I remember well, the most expensive is about 30 dollars.

Some of rail stations:

shiraz-railway1.jpg

viewPhoto.aspx

viewPhoto.aspx

viewPhoto.aspx

viewPhoto.aspx

viewPhoto.aspx

@Era_923 Great pics mate. Certainly way better than ours. :D

Thanks for info.

Are there any plans for High Speed Railways ?

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I've read in the past at least 65% +/- of Iranian national budget is funded by oil money.

Edit: Alright I just looked up the figure and this is what I found my figure wasn't too far off.

Iran oil exports top 844mn barrels

This information is for two years ago.
Now oil export is 60% of Iran export income and hopefully will reduced by 10% every year. It means Iran non-oil export increasing.

Back
Top Bottom