What's new

Iran Slaps the Sanctions and build its own Locomotive

Great achievement by a great nation. Co-operation between all civilized races in the Mid east (Iranians, Turks & Kurds) ought to increase. They should stay away from the affairs of the illiterate desert dwellers of the South.

Arab tsk tsk tsk..

Keep it up Iran :tup:we Pakistanis should also learn some lesson from you.

The only lesson we can learn is go for mullah style dictator ship.

Otherwise we had electric train from Lahore to Khanewal in 60's

Iranians used to come to Pakistan for their education.

BTW.. there are no real sanctions on Iran, its only for common people deception.

BTW.. there are no real sanctions on Iran, its only for common people deception.

Countries not buying their oil,banks not allowing transactions,travel bans,ban on exports,not providing insurance....... What else do you need?

There is zero sanction on Iranian oil... if not banks than how do you think the transactions are taking place?

There are no travel bans..actually its other way around.

There is zero sanction on Iranian oil... if not banks than how do you think the transactions are taking place?

Stop hitting the Bottle so hard Long term effect are starting to show.

lmfao HAHAHAHAHAHA

Ahmadinejad, is that you? What's happening bro, didn't know you posted on this site.

You wanted attention, you got attention.

What a load of crap.

Iranians going to pakistan to study lmfao

Except the EU+American sanctions on Iranian oil and the EU+American sanctions on all Iranian banks right?

Are you missing your frontal lobe?

lmfao HAHAHAHAHAHA

Ahmadinejad, is that you? What's happening bro, didn't know you posted on this site.

You wanted attention, you got attention.

What a load of crap.

Iranians going to pakistan to study lmfao

I have a Pakistani acquaintance who told the same thing. Many Iranians DID use to go to Pakistan for studies etc in 60's. The Pakistani man I'm talking about told me about one Iranian girl that used to study dental stuff with him in Karachi ( or one big city of Pakistan...)..

Anyways...good for Iran. Hope they make start making good and more cares too...

I have a Pakistani acquaintance who told the same thing. Many Iranians DID use to go to Pakistan for studies etc in 60's. The Pakistani man I'm talking about told me about one Iranian girl that used to study dental stuff with him in Karachi ( or one big city of Pakistan...)..

Anyways...good for Iran. Hope they make start making good and more cares too...

5 decades ago? If true than I feel bad for my grand father's generation for being such failures

A true slap in face of USA and NATO
:rofl:

< sorry, couldn't help myself here >

Meanwhile, I checked List of locomotive builders - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia under Iran and found:

In March 2011 the first diesel locomotives with an Iranian diesel engine was unveiled
Iranian railway industry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There are 2 main companies:

Wagon Pars is an Iranian train manufacturing company established in 1974.The organisation began rolling stock manufacturing in 1984, in 1999 the factory reached an agreement with GEC-Alstom to produce under license the AD43C mainline locomotives
Wagon Pars - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The AD43C is a type of mainline 6 axle Co'Co' diesel locomotive designed by Alstom and used by the Islamic Republic of Iran Railways (RAI). It was in production from 2000. Delivery started in 2002. Three variants were produced, a passenger version with a 150 km/h top speed and 20.5 tonne axle load, and two freight versions with a 110 km/h top speed and either a 20.5t or 23t axle load
Iranian Railways AD43C - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

MAPNA Locomotive Engineering & Manufacturing Co. was created in 2006 to manufacture 120 passenger locomotives procured under a technology licensing agreement with Siemens.
MAPNA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mapna Locomotive Engineering and Manufacturing Company - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
IranRunner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Railway
Iranrunner 22 = licenced Siemens Eurorunner 24 PC
President Ahmadinejad opens diesel locomotive plant*- Railway Gazette (july 2012)
After the 120 Iranrunner 22 will follow a new domestic design
Iranian diesel locomotive planned *- Railway Gazette (sept 2012)

Photo is showing what appears to be a General Electric locomotive (Type U30C?)
u30c.jpg

Iranian Railways rolling stock
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GE_U30C
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_GE_locomotives

The engine shown is from DESA
The Iran Heavy Diesel Engine Mfg Co. (DESA) company was established in 1991 with the aim of developing industrial production of diesel engines; a factory of over 10,000m2 was constructed on a 80ha site, with facilities for quality testing and research and design.
The company obtained licenses to manufacture Wärtsilä engines and Ruston RK 215 engines under license from MAN Warsila engine assembly began in 1996, RK 215 engine production began in 2000.
In 2009 the company unveiled Iran's first indigenous heavy diesel engine, the R87. A dual fuel (gas / diesel) version is also to be produced
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desa_diesel
See also http://www.desa.ir/fa/ National Motor Design 87

Note these also have MARITIME applications .... (diesel powered FAC's, corvette's ect)

5 decades ago? If true than I feel bad for my grand father's generation for being such failures

Well, from what I know, Iranians used to come to Pakistan even in 80's, but not in big numbers as previously.

Also, your grandfather generation wasn't any failure. You have NO idea what Pakistan was in early 60's...

Those of us who were alive back then, we know the positive image we had of Pakistan and the Pakistanis...

Too bad their policy makers failed them ....

What next? Open your own victoria's secret? :D

What? Pakistan before the '80s was one of the most advanced countries in Asia. Students even from Singapore used to come for studies in Pakistan. It's a shame Zia-ul-Haq F'ed up the country after 1978...

&#7716;ashsh&#257;sh&#299;n;3759956 said:
What? Pakistan before the '80s was one of the most advanced countries in Asia. Students even from Singapore used to come for studies in Pakistan. It's a shame Zia-ul-Haq F'ed up the country after 1978...

I know that Pakistan was more liberal back then, but I don't think that it was more advanced or scientific more developed than Iran was.

&#7716;ashsh&#257;sh&#299;n;3759956 said:
What? Pakistan before the '80s was one of the most advanced countries in Asia. Students even from Singapore used to come for studies in Pakistan.
Few people know that fact these days.
South Koreans were maids in middles east in 70s.

Back
Top Bottom