What's new

Iran science output will rank 4th worldwide in 2018

Every country is unique.

To further elaborate my point: unlike its neighbors, Iran isn't tribalistic, religious heterogeneous, etc. You can't compare Iran with its neighbors. Never.

Great this means Iran is more scientifically advance than Japan, France, South Korea, Italy, Netherlands, and even Hong Kong. Obviously we all know that's rubbish. This website is probably the same website Iranians keep using to project their "scientific advances" the website measures "scientific output" mostly by number of citations of published science papers, so it measures quantity only personally I would like to see some other sources proving this as well, a PDF file from a dubious source isn't very convincing, we know Iran has made progress in science at its own pace and for its own level and capacity.

People have to understand Japan making progress in science is different than Iran making progress in science, as Japan's level of science is vastly superior to that of Iran's, it is somewhat remotely similar to GDP growth rate. The PDF file has Iran fourth in "scientific output" but has Japan eight in scientific output. Don't equate quantity of scientific output via number of citations in academic papers to quality of scientific advancement.

Great this means Iran is more scientifically advance than Japan, France, South Korea, Italy, Netherlands, and even Hong Kong. Obviously we all know that's rubbish. This website is probably the same website Iranians keep using to project their "scientific advances" the website measures "scientific output" mostly by number of citations of published science papers, so it measures quantity only personally I would like to see some other sources proving this as well, a PDF file from a dubious source isn't very convincing, we know Iran has made progress in science at its own pace and for its own level and capacity.

People have to understand Japan making progress in science is different than Iran making progress in science, as Japan's level of science is vastly superior to that of Iran's, it is somewhat remotely similar to GDP growth rate. The PDF file has Iran fourth in "scientific output" but has Japan eight in scientific output. Don't equate quantity of scientific output via number of citations in academic papers to quality of scientific advancement.

Well about level of science , I have some complaint . What you are comparing is level of technology not level of science . Let me ask you . In iran we can get some cell from a patient and made a trachea for him . In japan they use dacron to made the trachea for the same patient now answer me are we more advanced or japanese more advanced than us ? We can't produce the trachea from dacron and they cant produce it from patient's cells.

Whats up with Iranians and their obsession with rankings? Constantly trying to prove something.
Iran scores very low on all indicators in per capita terms. Even though GCC is about a third of Iran's population, it has almost double the GDP. What about GDP per capita? Qatar 8x Iran for example. Its the same for all other indicators.

Whats up with Iranians and their obsession with rankings? Constantly trying to prove something.
Iran scores very low on all indicators in per capita terms. Even though GCC is about a third of Iran's population, it has almost double the GDP. What about GDP per capita? Qatar 8x Iran for example. Its the same for all other indicators.

Progress in science is much more important than per capita income for long term.Discoveries in fundamental science can be world-changing.Imagine what the world would've been if things like printing press,steam engine,radio waves or semiconductors were invented in an Arab country.Investing in science is equal to investing in future.I believe Iran has the potential to become an energy superpower of world.

Why is your @ss burning?
You're saying one of most respected sites for scientific ranking is Iranian propaganda?
This is saying Iran will be ahead of them in 2018 in terms of article output.
No one is saying Iran is ahead of japan now are they you imbecile?, who said Iran is more advancer than japan now?

We have scientific growth 11 times faster than world average, and that growth has been sustained now for few years and as we become more advancer, our growth will slightly decrease but by 2018 we will reach that 4th position if we continue our growth.

What's that got to do with science and technology you camel fcker? Who's talking about GDP here?
GDP in PGCC is 2x higher even though you export many many times oil than Iran lol. In reality you cannot even make a screwdriver without your western masters :)

Per capita, PGCC countries also have 100000000000000000 x more camels(You included) than Iran, so what's your point?

I think it is quite naive to assume that if Iran's scientific publication multiplied by factor of 5.7 in 7 years 2003-2010 that it will repeat the same trend in the next 7 years

I think it is quite naive to assume that if Iran's scientific publication multiplied by factor of 5.7 in 7 years 2003-2010 that it will repeat the same trend in the next 7 years

You're absolutely right! Since investment in R&D and science production seems to follow the rolling snow ball model, it is naive to believe our growth will be at the same level than in the past few years. It should be much more...

How many years have the protests demonstrated against the regime? How many students have been arrested, tortured and hanged? The mullahs have nothing created; the people of Iran have done. If it wasn't for the mullahs Iran would already be the number one of the Middle East in almost every field.

We are the number one in brain drains. How can someone call that a good policy?

If the students left Iran had just 1% loyalty to their country and people , they wouldn't have left here .

Although I support the changes in system but believe that Iran will be higher even with out those as$es .

Firstly , I should tell you that we try to show that we can reach whatever we want with out kissing the Western and American balls .

Secondly , Its precious for us to be 17 in science right now while we've been sanctioned for 4 decades .

Thirdly , GDP countries have 1/50 of our population while they have more fuel exports ,

@ Banu IQ

Saudi exports 6-7 times more oil than Iran and has a pop'n of 20 mln locals (1/4 of Iran). Iran exports 6-7 times less oil, has 4 times the pop'n and has been under harsh sanctions for 4 decades. You're happy that you're beating Iran in GDP? lmao that's so pathetic. The second sanctions are removed, our oil output will increase and our gas exports will go through the roof (our gas exports are projected to bring in 4-5 times more income than our oil exports in the future which means in this front we'll walk over all arab countries combined). Also Iran is a fully industrialized nation already and without the sanctions we'll be another Turkey w/in years while you guys will still be trying to figure out how to operate airport control towers on your own.

Time is on our side. Too bad for you.

Back
Top Bottom