What's new

Iran has two months until Azerbaijan prescribes polo to itself

Status
Not open for further replies.

There is no such thing as 'Turkish people'. You are just a assimilated Armenian, Kurd and Greek.

you are absolutely wrong, Anatolia since ancient times has been civilized by many different great civilizations, such as hittites and Lydians. also, many parts of anatolia was part of fertile crescent which is one of the first civilized regions of the world.

Surenas, there are people who cannot settled without a good beating, you're one of them, I suppose you didn't get a good beating from your parents :)

rmi5, There isn't much thing we disagree, only problem is you're downgrading your ethnicity to genetics, my grandpa's village and several neighbouring villages are founded by nomads at early 20th century(some elders still knows the story of settling at there), neither they look like Mongolians, how are they supposed be Greeks or Armenians ? trace your family origins, if it goes nowhere out of Turkic then using genetics to claim different ethnicity is just fantasy.

Surenas, there are people who cannot settled without a good beating, you're one of them, I suppose you didn't get a good beating from your parents :)

rmi5, There isn't much thing we disagree, only problem is you're downgrading your ethnicity to genetics, my grandpa's village and several neighbouring villages are founded by nomads at early 20th century(some elders still knows the story of settling at there), neither they look like Mongolians, how are they supposed be Greeks or Armenians ? trace your family origins, if it goes nowhere out of Turkic then using genetics to claim different ethnicity is just fantasy.

@Surenas
you are absolutely wrong, Anatolia since ancient times has been civilized by many different great civilizations, such as hittites and Lydians. also, many parts of anatolia was part of fertile crescent which is one of the first civilized regions of the world.

I know. And one of the first Iranian groups in Anatolia were the Cimmerians. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
No it f.cking can't, please just go away because you're so irritating whenever I talk to you I want to insult.

LOLZ, Dear brother, we, azeris, get easily irritated and hot-headed sometimes as well. ;) Specially if we feel offended by someone's questions about our ethnicity ;) but, we need to stay calm. Anyway, some points of Surenas, not all of them, are correct as well.

Why don't you just go back to school? Seriously, bringing stories of your grandpa as historical evidence or argument is just laughable. You probably don't look anything like the original Turks. Who are you trying to fool?

Wait Polo was invented by the Persians?

No way.

Certainly the earliest records of polo are Median (an ancient Iranian people)

Source:Singh, Jaisal (2007). Polo in India. London: New Holland. p. 10. ISBN 978-1-84537-913-1.

Women as well as men played the game, as indicated by references to the queen and her ladies engaging King Khosrow II Parviz and his courtiers in the 6th century AD.
(The 12th century Iranian poet Nezâmi weaves the love story of the Sasanian Emperor Khosrow II Parviz (590CE) and his beautiful consort Shirin, around her ability on the polo field, and describes matches between the Emperor and his courtiers and Shirin with her ladies-in-waiting)
http://uvamagazine.org/sports/article/half-horse_half-human#.UmLsFdLp394
Source: Nezami (poet)

Ferdowsi also tells of Emperor Shapur II of the Sassanid dynasty of the 4th century who learned to play polo when he was only seven years old.
Source: Shahnameh (book of kings), the national epic of Iranian nations, written by poet Ferdowsi.

Do not try to start a intellectual discuission with me, because I'm wasting my time trying to answer you and you always disappear without giving any proper answers, for all these years you have managed learn few arguments(great success for someone like you), you always cling on them, whenever you get an answer you try mocking and disappear in the end.

rmi5

I don't care what you call yourself, by "you" I'm overally talking about Azeris.

What about Qaznavids?
by the way, we , Azerbaijanis were speaking Pahlavi language(called Azeri language) in middle ages, and still in some vilages in Ardabil and East Azerbaijan province, they speak with this language. This language was very close to persian, but it had less loanwords in comparison to persian. spreading Turkic language and shia religion is done by Safavids , Kara Koyunlus , and Aq Koyunlus. As I have told you before, I do not believe in fictional Panturkist theories which relates us to some Central Asian turkic tribes. Genetics also supports my point of view that we are mostly related to Iranians and caucasians.

Azeris have 7-10 % Mongoloid admxiture on average which makes them genetically different than Persians or Kurds. Genetically Azeris are mainly a mix between Oghuz Turks and Turkiczied Iranian and Caucasian natives. It's false to say that you're only Turkiczied Iranians. The same goes for Turks who have also the same amount of Mongoloid admxiture like Azeris and that's also what distinguish us from our neighbours: Our higher Mongoloid admixture!

http://i49.tinypic.com/4r9s42.png
http://www.eupedia.com/images/content/East-Asian-admixture.gif

Brother, I am not downgrading my ethnicity at all. Our ancestors have done lots of things that I am proud of them. Azeris were the ones who revived Iran after arabs invasion. Iran was almost get forgotten by Iranians and they were assimilating to arabs, and others, but we were the ones who revived a country after 900 years. We, azeris, were the ones who brought constitution and freedom to Iran by giving 300,000 martyrs of our best people. The list is very long. many people were living in nomad forms in Iranian and Anatolian plateau from thousands of years ago. still 2% of Iran's population are nomads. some of them are turkic, and some of them are not. There is no pure mono-ethnic person. we all have some mix genetics. Actually, I am trying to say that we have inherited a rich heritage and I try to respect all part of it , and not just turkic part of it ;)

Brother, I am not downgrading my ethnicity at all. Our ancestors have done lots of things that I am proud of them. Azeris were the ones who revived Iran after arabs invasion. Iran was almost get forgotten by Iranians and they were assimilating to arabs, and others, but we were the ones who revived a country after 900 years. We, azeris, were the ones who brought constitution and freedom to Iran by giving 300,000 martyrs of our best people. The list is very long. many people were living in nomad forms in Iranian and Anatolian plateau from thousands of years ago. still 2% of Iran's population are nomads. some of them are turkic, and some of them are not. There is no pure mono-ethnic person. we all have some mix genetics. Actually, I am trying to say that we have inherited a rich heritage and I try to respect all part of it , and not just turkic part of it ;)

Not entirely true. The Samanids and poets in Iran already prevented Arab assimilations before the Seljuqs and Safavids, and even without the Shahnameh, Iran's historical identity was probably too strong for the Arabs to assimilate us anyway.

Azeris have 7-10 % Mongoloid admxiture on average which makes them genetically different than Persians or Kurds. Genetically Azeris are mainly a mix between Oghuz Turks and Turkiczied Iranian and Caucasian natives. It's false to say that you're only Turkiczied Iranians. The same goes for Turks who have also the same amount of Mongoloid admxiture like Azeris and that's also what distinguish us from our neighbours: Our higher Mongoloid admixture!

http://i49.tinypic.com/4r9s42.png
http://www.eupedia.com/images/content/East-Asian-admixture.gif

I agree with most part of your comment, except the last statement. our only difference is not just Mogoloid admixture ;)

We're settled then, thats not something I disagree, all I was saying from the beginning Turkic presence could not be ignored.

We're settled then, thats not something I disagree, all I was saying from the beginning Turkic presence could not be ignored.

I do not disagree with it, even at the first place.;)
Anyways, Azeris consider turkish people as their brothers whether we agree or disagree about some discussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom