What's new

Iran has two months until Azerbaijan prescribes polo to itself

Status
Not open for further replies.
And its possible that some of the my ancient ancestors were Lycians or Hitties may be ? same for many Greeks and most other ethnicities, what does it have with the ethnicity passed down to you ? genetics determines almost nothing, its all about ethnicity passed down from your ancestors to you, Azeris are not simply assimilated locals, Azerbaijan contained a large amount of Turkic speaking tribes, of course they're mixed with locals and intermediated many locals to gradually Turkicize but its not removes the presence of Turkic ethnicity.

You're free to talk for yourself but do not generalize Azeris.

They're doing the same with Turks of Anatolia, both maternally and paternally I'm coming from nomad stock but just because I do not look asiatic they assume I should be a Greek or Armenian :pissed:

Actually your National Anthem is completely in persian, not heavily influenced by it ;) :cuckoo:
btw, pakistan was not part of Iran during your National poet.

Every word in Pakistan's national anthem is in the Urdu language, and Urdu has commonality with Farsi language.

And its possible that some of the my ancient ancestors were Lycians or Hitties may be ?
same for many Greeks and most other ethnicities, what does it have with the ethnicity passed down to you ? genetics determines almost nothing, its all about ethnicity passed down from your ancestors to you, Azeris are not simply assimilated locals, Azerbaijan contained a large amount of Turkic speaking tribes, of course they're mixed with locals and intermediated many locals to gradually Turkicize but its not removes the presence of Turkic ethnicity.

They're doing the same with Turks of Anatolia, both maternally and paternally I'm coming from nomad stock but just because I do not look asiatic they assume I should be a Greek or Armenian :pissed:

If you ask my opinion, I would tell you yes, you guys are mostly descendants of great Lydians and Hittites, and caucasians. genetics and your look says the the most. Anyways, Turkic tribes may have formed less than 15% of your country's genetic pool. Anyways, Turkish, and Azerbaijani people are connected to central Asian turkic tribes linguistically, which it is good, but actually we are completely different groups of people from them. ;)

Azeris are not simply assimilated locals

Yes, they are. Genetic tests prove this theory.

Azerbaijan contained a large amount of Turkic speaking tribes, of course they're mixed with locals and intermediated many locals to gradually Turkicize but its not removes the presence of Turkic ethnicity.

The locals were linguistically Turkified, since the original population of Northwestern Iran were Iranian-speaking people. The Turks migrated to the West; not the other way around.

Most Iranian Azeris feel the same way.

Again you still limit it to genetics, lets say several of my ancestors married locals and thats permanenetly changed our family's genetics, what does it have with my ethnicity ? Turkish is the ethnicity passed down to me, I'm coming from nomad stock, I have close to zero connection with Lycians.

By the 19th century there was still 100 000+ Turkic nomads living only in Iranian Azerbaijan, god knows how many were settled in past centuries, by limiting ethnicity to genetics you simply remove the presence of these people, same for Anatolia.

Again you still limit it to genetics, lets say several of my ancestors married locals and thats permanenetly changed our family's genetics, what does it have with my ethnicity ? Turkish is the ethnicity passed down to me, I'm coming from nomad stock, I have close to zero connection with Lycians.

By the 19th century there was still 100 000+ Turkic nomads living only in Iranian Azerbaijan, god knows how many were settled in past centuries, by limiting ethnicity to genetics you simply remove the presence of these people, same for Anatolia.

Genetic tests prove the theory of Turkification. If that wasn't the case, Iranian Azerbaijanis would be more closer to Turks from Turkey, Turkmen in Turkmenistan or Azerbaijanis in Azerbaijan (country). But they aren't. They are more closer to Iranian-Kurds and Persians than to those three other groups. You're identity may be Turkish, but your ethnicity probably isn't. Turks were Mongoloid nomads from the Altai mountains; a people who looked completely different than modern day Turks from Anatolia.

@Targon

BTW, It does not mean that you guys are greek or armenian. There were other great civilizations in anatolia before coming of Central asian turkic tribes, and even in ancient times.

Check this out:

It's absolutely amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Surenas

Sorry but down to hell with your genetics, we had the same stupid discuission countless times and you still repeat the same thing, someone's ethnicity cannot be explained solely by genetics.

Surenas

Sorry but down to hell with your genetics, we had the same stupid discuission countless times and you still repeat the same thing, someone's ethnicity cannot be explained solely by genetics.

Yes, it can. That is what science is for. Fact is that Azerbaijanis from Iran are more closer to their fellow Iranian countrymen than to which Turkic-speaking group whatsoever. I don't really care about your pan-Turkic view though if you can't give me any proof other than language.

Surenas

Actually, Genetics is the our only reliable scientific tool to examine these claims. many of fictional theories which were dependent on the immigration of groups of people have been denied by genetics. The fact is, Ataturk, who was a really great leader in my opinion, and his fellows needed to unify the turkey's society after falling of ottomans, and they did it by enforcing turkic identity, and in my opinion they did a right thing. The fact is turkic tribes have risen Turkey's status and they have elevated turkey's reputation in the world, but it does not mean that Turkeys people are completely or mostly from central asian turkic tribes ;)

Surenas

Actually, Genetics is the our only reliable scientific tool to examine these claims. many of fictional theories which were dependent on the immigration of groups of people have been denied by genetics. The fact is, Ataturk, who was a really great leader in my opinion, and his fellows needed to unify the turkey's society after falling of ottomans, and they did it by enforcing turkic identity, and in my opinion they did a right thing. The fact is turkic tribes have risen Turkey's status and they have elevated turkey's reputation in the world, but it does not mean that Turkeys people are completely or mostly from central asian turkic tribes ;)

No it f.cking can't, please just go away because you're so irritating whenever I talk to you I want to insult.

rmi5

I'm repeating the same thing again, there was mixed marriages, natural assimilations in large extends but that doesn't removes the Turkic presence, by saying Azeris and Turks were just Turkified locals you simply ignore the Turkic presence, millions of Turkic tribesmen didn't vaporized into air.

No it f.cking can't, please just go away because you're so irritating whenever I talk to you I want to insult.

rmi5

I'm repeating the same thing again, there was mixed marriages, natural assimilations in large extends but that doesn't removes the Turkic presence, by saying Azeris and Turks were just Turkified locals you simply ignore the Turkic presence, millions of Turkic tribesmen didn't vaporized into air.

If you want to fool yourself with being descendent of Turks, an original Mongoloid-looking people from the Western borders of Mongolia, that is fine with me. But Azerbaijanis from Iran are mostly assimilated Iranians who have took the Turkic language over, in despite of being indigenous locals from Iran. Millions of Turkmen is nothing but bullcrap. Genetic tests do not proof this theory, and genetics is the only reliable proof there is. Not your own version of history.

There is no such thing as 'Turkish people'. You are just a assimilated Armenian, Kurd and Greek.

\
rmi5

My Dear Friend, Do not get me wrong. I am not claiming that they have been vaporized, obviously they had a great role in whole Anatolian and Iranian plateau, and they consist 10-15% of our genetic pool. but we are 85-90% caucasian, and other locals ... as science proves. They were hundreds of thousands and locals were millions. So, we are mostly and not completely descendants of locals, and in a less extent descendants of turkic tribes ;)

@Surenas
you are absolutely wrong, Anatolia since ancient times has been civilized by many different great civilizations, such as hittites and Lydians. also, many parts of anatolia was part of fertile crescent which is one of the first civilized regions of the world.

Last edited by a moderator:
My Dear Friend, Do not get me wrong. I am not claiming that they have been vaporized, obviously they had a great role in whole Anatolian and Iranian plateau, and they consist 10-15% of our genetic pool. but we are 85-90% caucasian, and other locals ... as science proves. They were hundreds of thousands and locals were millions. So, we are mostly and not completely descendants of locals, and in a less extent descendants of turkic tribes ;)

Not even 15%. Iranian Azerbaijanis do not even cluster with Iranian Turkmen, and the Q haplogroup, that is heavily found among Turkmen from Iran, is almost non-present among Azerbaijanis. Azerbaijanis from Southern Caucasus are indeed mostly indigenous Caucasians, but Azerbaijanis from Iran on other hand are more related to Iranian groups than to Caucasian groups.

There is no such thing as 'Turkish people'. You are just a assimilated Armenian, Kurd and Greek.

you are absolutely wrong, Anatolia since ancient times has been civilized by many different great civilizations, such as hittites and Lydians. also, many parts of anatolia was part of fertile crescent which is one of the first civilized regions of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom