What's new

Iran has two months until Azerbaijan prescribes polo to itself

Status
Not open for further replies.
His ethnicity doesn't prevents him to be labelled "also" as part of the Azerbaijani culture.

Omg Surenas enough with this ethnic bulls.t, no sane person claims he's an ethnic Turk, he's just part of our culture, end of story.

It is still the language of intellectuals ;) :toast_sign::smart:
A very sweet language, indeed. Even PAF moto is in persian سحرا ست کہ دریا ست تہ بال و پرماست

A very sweet language, indeed. Even PAF moto is in persian سحرا ست کہ دریا ست تہ بال و پرماست

Actually, we, Iranians, have very strong cultural, and historical ties with Pakistan. Long Live Pakistan , and Iran :pakistan::cheers:

Hell yeah it was invented by Persians.

Dude we play that in Pakistan everywhere. I always thought Turks from central Asia brought it. We have some Turkish tribes in our Northern Areas, and they are very superior horsemen. Chitralis also love this game, as well as people in Northern Punjab.

Dude we play that in Pakistan everywhere. I always thought Turks from central Asia brought it. We have some Turkish tribes in our Northern Areas, and they are very superior horsemen. Chitralis also love this game, as well as people in Northern Punjab.

The game was played in Iran 2000 years before the Turks came to Central-Asia. ;)

Actually, Turkish tribes had a great role in spreading persian language and culture. They accepted persian as their official language in their governments, and they hired iranian experts, musicians and poets. when they defeated hindus, they bring Iranian culture , and language with themselves to northern india and Indus valley.

Actually, Turkish tribes had a great role in spreading persian language and culture. They accepted persian as their official language in their governments, and they hired iranian experts, musicians and poets. when they defeated hindus, they bring Iranian culture , and language with themselves to northern india and Indus valley.

Some pics of Polo in Pakistan:

Shandur+Polo+Festival+Pakistan+2006.jpg

pic_shandur-festival-8.jpg

2522099-md.jpg

polo_charge.jpg

N-Pak-Baltistan-42.jpg

chairmanphoto.png

128608.jpg

Sufi%20Group%20Pakistan%20Polo%20Cup%202012.jpg

Completely in Persian ? :unsure:

Then how the heck can I completely understand it ? :undecided:

Its in Persianized Urdu - a language that already borrows heavily from the Persian Language ! :)

For Example if I were to say that I'd have both of your nuts crushed by having them smashed by a fat arsed kitab - We'd both know that (i) your nuts are made of Jell-O & (ii) Kitab is a Book ! :D

Butt sb. only one word "Ka" is urdu in our national anthem rest is Persian :pop:

Although Nizami is a Persian poet, but we can't limit his influence within borders of modern day Iran, no one can. Just like Mowlana, they are beyond any border and nationality. We in ME share many of our cultures, traditions and morals. Nizami is like Goethe which is a German poet, but his influence goes way over Germany and interestingly, his main source of aspiration in his poems is Hafez, one of the greatest Iranian (Persian) poets.

Pakistan might want to jump into the fray...after all chaugaan has been played in these valleys for the last 1000 years!

The only Turkic dynasties which were completely Persianzed were the Mughal empire and the Delhi Sultanates. Central Asia was definitely Turkiczied in the last centuries when mainstream history says that whole Central Asia was populated by Iranic peoples till the Turkic expansion started in the 6th century. Seljuks adopted the high culture of Persians but the Turkoman tribes themselves have never adopted the Persian language. If that had been the case Turks, Azeris and Turkmens would have spoken Persian today. When we look to history we can definitely say that it was rather the Iranic peoples who were Turkiczied than the other way around

The only Turkic dynasties which were completely Persianzed were the Mughal empire and the Delhi Sultanates. Central Asia was definitely Turkiczied in the last centuries when mainstream history says that whole Central Asia was populated by Iranic peoples till the Turkic expansion started in the 6th century. Seljuks adopted the high culture of Persians but the Turkoman tribes themselves have never adopted the Persian language. If that had been the case Turks, Azeris and Turkmens would have spoken Persian today. When we look to history we can definitely say that it was rather the Iranic peoples who were Turkiczied than the other way around

What about Qaznavids?
by the way, we , Azerbaijanis were speaking Pahlavi language(called Azeri language) in middle ages, and still in some vilages in Ardabil and East Azerbaijan province, they speak with this language. This language was very close to persian, but it had less loanwords in comparison to persian. spreading Turkic language and shia religion is done by Safavids , Kara Koyunlus , and Aq Koyunlus. As I have told you before, I do not believe in fictional Panturkist theories which relates us to some Central Asian turkic tribes. Genetics also supports my point of view that we are mostly related to Iranians and caucasians.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom