What's new

Investment Ideas in Pakistan with $65,000 (Rs. 1 Crore)?

nhi to ab tak to double ho chuky hoty :lol:
Haan Kab ke. :lol:
yeh-kaafi-difficult-course-hai-kaafi-kam-log-kar-paate-hai-1024x447.jpg

If you want to invest in IT my friend is VP in a big Pakistani IT company based in Lahore I can arrange a meeting with him though he is a busy person , @Meengla

Hi, I work with startups from around the globe including local startups.... Option 1 is not feasible at all as not enough money. Option 3 was good couple of months ago but now interest rate going down day by day. Option 2 is somehow good looking but believe me I am working with 2 startups in Gilgit, there are hell alot of problems so I would not recommend that as well as (from supply chain to legal ownership all problems ) Recent market trend shows that luxury fancy looking gym equipped with modern machinery is the best business in Islamabad. I can guide you further.

Safest investment would be investing in DHA plots, houses or shops. DHA is Lahore is by far the best DHA. Invest in those DHA Lahore phases that are not developed yet as once they are developed the value of your property will increase exponentially. I will recommend DHA phase 8 and 9. Try to look for 10 marla residential plot as this is what you will be able to buy with 1 crore. Over the years as these places get more developed the value of your property will shoot up. DHA is by far the safest place to invest when it comes to real estate as there is no authority strong enough to even look at them the wrong way.
@Meengla

Safest investment would be investing in DHA plots, houses or shops. DHA is Lahore is by far the best DHA. Invest in those DHA Lahore phases that are not developed yet as once they are developed the value of your property will increase exponentially. I will recommend DHA phase 8 and 9. Try to look for 10 marla residential plot as this is what you will be able to buy with 1 crore. Over the years as these places get more developed the value of your property will shoot up. DHA is by far the safest place to invest when it comes to real estate as there is no authority strong enough to even look at them the wrong way.
@Meengla
What's your recommendations about DHA 10 lahore my brother in law is living there and he wants me to invest there please guide me,

What's your recommendations about DHA 10 lahore my brother in law is living there and he wants me to invest there please guide me,
I would like you to wait for some time so I can guide you properly as my knowledge of phase 10 is limited. Do feel comfortable sharing amount of money you are willing to invest?

I want to start this thread. Not only for myself for others who maybe in the same boat as I am. Want to brainstorm about long term investments in Pakistan with a start seed money of $65,000 (Rs. 1 Crore). Several ideas in mind:
1) Buy property in Islamabad. But I have no relatives there. And @Imran Khan gave me a lot of words of caution about property frauds in Pakistan. I still think that's long term safe bet.
2) Buy/Invest into some hotel business in northern Pakistan hilly areas. Again, don't know anyone there.
3) Start some kind of Savings account in Karachi and let it grow. I hear that interest rates are good in Pakistan. I hear one cousin is living off Rs. 2 Crore invested in a bank.

While life here has been good, America is not a country for the old if you are not rich. Plus the Motherland is often calling me back. No firm plans yet.

I know this is all over the place. But got to start somewhere.
Ideas?
Thanks in advance!

If u want to buy property in Islamabad then i guess capital smart city is best. I bought one myself. Its on installments, have a major motorway link to it and ownership and everyis managed, idwntifoed with biometeic data. They also ha e a section for overseas pakistanis. Check their site, its genuine and seems great for futire investment.

you guys are beyond me, as usual real estate! Man setup an industry, if it is as low as a screw making. Let people work for you. you got enough money.
Even a cattle farming/poultry /meat exporting business is great. Gulf market is next door and India is the only country in the neighborhood taking benefit of it even though they will kill their citizen for eating beef or meat.

It will not only create jobs, but op can earn foreign currency instead of Pakistani currency which is very unstable.

@Meengla

Best Idea, I have done the same...
4th If you are interested in food business then you must open some fast food restaurant or desi grill restaurant.
What is the rate of return on saving account and is it Halal?

People suggesting him to buy land and get stuck in dead end street with evergreen threat of someone occupying it. One of my friends dad have a house in Pakistan and the tenant never pay monthly but accumulate for months and then skips many payments. On top of that he keep accumulating gas/electricity bills. They have told him to leave multiple times but he always come up with excuses. Ad note that my friend father have many relatives there.

@Meengla

I won't suggest real estate business. Rather go for a business which have strong export potential. Like cattle/meat/poultry or a factory or dairy. Something that you can get income in foreign currency so that you don't have to deal with one of the worst performing and highly unstable PKR currency. Hire a manager who take care of everything and supervises and manages your business. This way you will create multiple jobs and earn even prayers. Not to mention the foreign currency will be helping your motherland as well.

What is the rate of return on saving account and is it Halal?

It is interest. If you put 10 lakh rupee, I think you get back like 1k rupee a month.

Interest is never halal.

Fertile farm land with long term access to water is always a good investment bet. If farmed properly, it can generate 10-15% return on your initial investment, not considering the price appreciation of the land itself.

Back
Top Bottom