What's new

Introducing the...JF-18???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you share the website he is talking about?

Oh I have no clue (hence the ??? in the title), was hoping someone could shed some light upon this.

Last edited:
i think jf 18 would be same at it is jf 17 but stealth structure and composite material

i think jf 18 would be same at it is jf 17 but stealth structure and composite material
Yeah that's what it looks like. I've been following this guy on YouTube for a while and he hasn't been proven wrong yet. But then again, he does not mention which Chinese aviation site is he talking about and nor did he post a link in the description. But the model pictures don't look photoshopped.

Yeah that's what it looks like. I've been following this guy on YouTube for a while and he hasn't been proven wrong yet. But then again, he does not mention which Chinese aviation site is he talking about and nor did he post a link in the description. But the model pictures don't look photoshopped.
yeah i know him from youtube if i am not wrong his name yassir and almost all his new proved true

Doubt it would actually be called JF-18, and I'm pretty sure the image is photoshop.

Guys, we know NOTHING about this jet other than the fact that it is being made. Specifications wise I would assume it to be similar to the Chinese stealth fighters.

Pakistan's next gen i.e. 5th gen. will most probably be derived from J-31, J-20 and perhaps TFX but tbh nobody knows the details yet and we shall wait for some official confirmation.
BTW current J-31 is far better than this concept and I don't think it is true at all.

Last edited:
It will reduce JF17 playload severely limited. And too costly for a single engine

Even AMCA will carry Only 4 weapons in stealth mode . But if we pulled it off . Then we will be more powerful

This channel was blocked on Youtube BTW this channel was nice

model does have pak china flag on it and also jf17.5 written on it good news for pakistan
plz share website he is talking about

I would like to see improved canopy with high seat and all around vision like f-18

This is a model of prototype china recently built to test out new stealth features , implemented on 4th gen fighters. If successful can become reality. It is a technology demonstrator at the moment , Purely experimental, internal weapon bays, conformal fuel tanks, experimental undisclosed radar, radar deflecting and absorbing skin. Single seat, twin vertical stabalizers in tilted position, total canopy glass display. Eye tracking. Semi auto lock on, blink twice to fire mode. Very powerful computer. Ability to disrubt in comming missiles and aircraft electronics. Cutting edge experimental counter measures. Cutting edge experimental laser weapon underneath the nose radar section. Slightly different air brakes mechanism. With plans to introduce 3d thrust vectoring engine by 2027.

An experimental project by AVIC. According to chinese aeronautical engineering forum,
With 3d models and drawings available sadly no pictures of the prototype itself.

There are currently 3 more projects of demonstrator aircraft in chinese circles. One from chengdu aircraft company and one from Xian . 3rd one is still unknown to the forum members of above mentioned community.

Although many names have been suggested for jf-18 prototype but nothing is final as it is just a tech demonstrator at the moment . which means not a production aircraft like jf-17 block 2 & 3.

It looks something like this, in stealth mission config. In first photo, 2nd photo shows less stealthy version with external payload.
images

images

Last edited:
It looks sleek and already Jf17 has Y intakes with dsi. This type of evolution of the vehicle seems possible. Similar to f15 and f18 stealth add ons and perhaps considering its inherent characteristics can be better in terms of rcs.

What can be another add on in my opinion is TVC. Not for airshows or dodging bullets matrix style ofcourse but to practice extreme short landing as in X31 approaching the landing with a nose up high aoa to patches in highways, airbases when runway is partially destroyed or a small portion of highway is available. All you need is 3 panels at the nozzle and updated control algoritm. Also notice the need of vertical tail is gone as a bonus for future designs less detectable to vhf types of radars.

rock-x31.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom