What's new

INS Vikrant to be commissioned by 2017: Naval chief

li0nheart

Reaction score
Country
India
EZHIMALA (KANNUR): India's first indigenous Aircraft carrier INS Vikrant, being built at public sector Cochin Shipyard Limited and formally launched in August this year, would be commissioned by 2017, chief of Naval Staff Admiral D K Joshi, said here on Saturday.

"With the commissioning of INS Vikrant India will join an elite club of nations with the capability of designing and building aircraft carrier indigenously. There are not many countries in the world to construct their own aircraft carriers," he said.

Joshi was speaking to mediapersons on the sidelines of the passing out parade at Indian Naval Academy at Ezhimala in Kannur district.

To a query on the delay in the project to build Scorpene submarines at Mumbai, Admiral Joshi said India would construct the navy's first scorpene-class submarine with French collaboration and they should be in service by 2015 or so.

"The delay has been resolved and construction work of the submarine is on fast track now," he said.

On maritime challenges, he said utmost priority was being given to coastal security after the 26/11 terror attack. Navy has been given overall coordination of maritime and coastal security involving several agencies, including Coast Guard.

The infrastructure situation has also improved with coastal police stations acquiring patrol boats, fast interceptor boats and a radar chain has also been set up all along the coastline, he said.

Admiral Joshi pointed out that the Navy had been fully engaged in anti-piracy operations in the Gulf of Aden for the past several years and added they had even sunk the 'mother ship' of Somali pirates who came near Lakshadweep islands.

INS Vikrant to be commissioned by 2017: Naval chief - The Times of India

I am glad to know that delays have been resolved and construction is on fast tract now for scorpene submarines. I hope both of these would be inducted asap. Also somewhere I read that now each scorpene submarine will be inducted after every 8-9 months interval or even 6 month interval and not after 1 year as it was planned before.

Scorpene subs are desperately needed now without any further dealy

NEW DELHI: The delay on part of Russia in supplying aviation items has impeded the commissioning of Indigenous Aircraft Carrier (IAC) Vikrant and the warship is expected to be commissioned by October 2020, a senior Navy official said today.

Vice Admiral Hari Kumar, the Controller of Personnel Services (CPS), said the Navy has had a dialogue with the Russians and the force is hoping to stick to the 2020 deadline now.

"The major reasons for this delay, from 2018 to 2020, is the delay in the (supply of) aviation items from Russia. Because of that we had to adjust our schedule to a certain extent," Kumar said.

The Navy has started receiving the aviation items, Commodore J Chowdhury, Principal Director (Naval Design) said.

"Hopefully, Russia will be sticking to the items committed to us," Chowdhury added.

Navy Chief Admiral Sunil Lanba, in his annual Navy Day press conference last month, said a request for proposal (RFP) is likely to be issued by mid-2018 for the procurement of 57 multi-role combat fighter jets for the IAC.

The Indian Navy is presently operating with a single aircraft carrier -- INS Vikramadatiya.

Naval officials said a tableau on IAC Vikrant, along with the lethal Marcos Commandos, will be a part of the Republic Day exhibition.

In the Republic Day Parade, honorary Sub-Lieutenant Ramesh Chand, who has been a part of the ceremony for the last 29 years, will be participating in the show for the last time.

Source : https://www.asiadefence.com/ins-vikrant-to-be-commissioned-by-2020/

NEW DELHI: The delay on part of Russia in supplying aviation items has impeded the commissioning of Indigenous Aircraft Carrier (IAC) Vikrant and the warship is expected to be commissioned by October 2020, a senior Navy official said today.

Vice Admiral Hari Kumar, the Controller of Personnel Services (CPS), said the Navy has had a dialogue with the Russians and the force is hoping to stick to the 2020 deadline now.

"The major reasons for this delay, from 2018 to 2020, is the delay in the (supply of) aviation items from Russia. Because of that we had to adjust our schedule to a certain extent," Kumar said.

The Navy has started receiving the aviation items, Commodore J Chowdhury, Principal Director (Naval Design) said.

"Hopefully, Russia will be sticking to the items committed to us," Chowdhury added.

Navy Chief Admiral Sunil Lanba, in his annual Navy Day press conference last month, said a request for proposal (RFP) is likely to be issued by mid-2018 for the procurement of 57 multi-role combat fighter jets for the IAC.

The Indian Navy is presently operating with a single aircraft carrier -- INS Vikramadatiya.

Naval officials said a tableau on IAC Vikrant, along with the lethal Marcos Commandos, will be a part of the Republic Day exhibition.

In the Republic Day Parade, honorary Sub-Lieutenant Ramesh Chand, who has been a part of the ceremony for the last 29 years, will be participating in the show for the last time.

Source : https://www.asiadefence.com/ins-vikrant-to-be-commissioned-by-2020/

First it was the Russian steel now this.

One thing is consistent though, "it is all because of others fault".
So lemme get this straight, Mr. Ching Chang Chung.Guy A ordered some steel (or whatever) from Guy B so that he could construct a ship (or whatever) but the Guy B fucked up and dropped the ball somewhere and couldn't deliver on his promise and so the timeline of Guy A got all fuckked up yet according to your Ding Dong logic, it's still A's fault that he couldn't finish up his ship (or whatever) in time??!!Nice logic there kiddo, you get 10 points outta 10 there.

Let's have the latest image of the ship.

2020? You guys would be lucky to have the ship commissioned by 2025 and the changed yet again schedule has got nothing to do with the the delay in the (supply of) aviation items from Russia!

Hi Mr. KUTI MUTI GANGA LINGAM(p*nis) DIKSHIT, let me ask you a simple question, who is the project owner of this ship? Isn't it the Indian Navy, so if their suppliers or subcontractors couldn't deliver the ship on time to their Client who is the Indian People. Who is responsible? If the Russian couldn't deliver steel on time, should't there be a proper evaluation of suppliers, how come there are no back up suppliers and come on, before boasting to the world about building an 'indigenous' ship, shouldn't you at least develop the most basic thing, STEEL? Whose fault is it? OOO it's the Israelis fault for delaying the radar, ooo it's the Russians fault for delaying the steel, oooo it's the Italians fault for delaying the design consultancy. It's everyone's fault except the Indian Navy? Shouldn't the Navy have done due diligence on the suppliers and delivery time? Shouldn't the navy as the project owner come up with realistic schedules and enforce that schedule through proper project control? Why are there delays? Could it be because there is red tape in the infamous Indian bureaucracy in issuing POs and payments? Could it be the Navy delayed in finalizing design and freezing modifications. Indians are infamous for making last minute changes and cause delays in every single project I have worked with. They talk and comment without regard if it's actually making any sense or constructive. All in all, ever wondered why almost all Indian military projects fail? It's because of your own culture, the INDIAN CULTURE. If a building developer is late, do you think I blame his subcontractors or material suppliers? I blame that developer understand. I as the tax payer paid for that ship and in return that developer who is the Navy should deliver what my taxes paid for ontime and on budget to defend me. Understand? Gosh no wonder you bunch of people are so incompetent, it'S just so ingrained in your culture, blame, boast, lie and give excuses. TYPICAL INDIAN.

We started building our ship in 2015, they started theirs in 2008, 7 years difference and our is already ready for sea trials. Almost 100% indigenous, from propulsion, to radars, to missiles and aircraft, minus the aeroengines. Ours is a result driven culture, theirs is mouth driven.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Listen to me Han.....being an Indian we never underestimated the Chinese industrial complex.If we see, you people manufacture 75% of the things in this world, your military as well as your economy is mind boggling, but you have become our enemy by virtue of which we need to compete with China regardless of the difference and size.
you have all the things available to you be it large docks, material or man power, you can make things quick,India still is a developing country and it's just last 10 years that we ramped up our capabilities, maybe we are 10-20 years behind you in manufacturing but dont we have the right to develop and compete for our place?
stop criticizing India and its people.....

Listen to me Han.....being an Indian we never underestimated the Chinese industrial complex.If we see, you people manufacture 75% of the things in this world, your military as well as your economy is mind boggling, but you have become our enemy by virtue of which we need to compete with China regardless of the difference and size.
you have all the things available to you be it large docks, material or man power, you can make things quick,India still is a developing country and it's just last 10 years that we ramped up our capabilities, maybe we are 10-20 years behind you in manufacturing but dont we have the right to develop and compete for our place?
:enjoy:That guy is not Chinese, nor Singaporean. Just FYI.

Listen to me MrBrown.....

Former President A P J Abdul Kalam on Friday lauded the Indian Space Research Organisation's scientists for successfully launching the PSLV-C9 to put 10 satellites in orbit.

Besides, the Chandrayaan-I unmanned moon mission by the year end would add another feather in the country's space programme, Kalam, said.

"India has become very advanced in space technology," he said, adding that the country would become a superpower by 2012

"Though I have envisioned India to become a superpower by 2020, the attitude and the confidence of the youth, to conquer everything in the right spirit, would make the country a global leader and superpower within five years," Kalam said.

http://www.rediff.com/news/2008/may/02kalam.htm

Back
Top Bottom