What's new

INS VIKRANT DUE TO BE INDUCTED BY DECEMBER 2018, SAYS NAVY CHIEF

Agent_47

Reaction score
Country
India
INS Viraat is all set to bid goodbye to the Indian Navy and INS Vikrant is all set to join the force, said Navy Chief Sunil Lanba. While adressing a Press Conference at INS Shikra (Mumbai), Lanba said ” INS Viraat after having done service for 29 years, it is scheduled to be de-inducted to the later part of the year.”
“Ministry has written to coastal states, we are waiting for a proposal to come from one of these states. Once proposal is sent to ministry, will see how Viraat can be converted into an aircraft carrier museum.”

On INS Vikrant induction, he mentioned that For INS Vikrant, we are in touch with Kochin Shipyard. It is due to be inducted by December 2018. On matter of allegations against a medical officer by a subordinate in Southern Command, Lanba said ” Just received BOI report,being analysed.” Lauding Indian Navy efforts, Lanba said “we are continously working towards indigenisation,till date 200 ships have been constructed indigenously and 46 are still under construction.”

@nang2 i told you :)

http://www.indiandefensenews.in/2016/08/ins-vikrant-due-to-be-inducted-by.html

INS Viraat is all set to bid goodbye to the Indian Navy and INS Vikrant is all set to join the force, said Navy Chief Sunil Lanba. While adressing a Press Conference at INS Shikra (Mumbai), Lanba said ” INS Viraat after having done service for 29 years, it is scheduled to be de-inducted to the later part of the year.”
“Ministry has written to coastal states, we are waiting for a proposal to come from one of these states. Once proposal is sent to ministry, will see how Viraat can be converted into an aircraft carrier museum.”

On INS Vikrant induction, he mentioned that For INS Vikrant, we are in touch with Kochin Shipyard. It is due to be inducted by December 2018. On matter of allegations against a medical officer by a subordinate in Southern Command, Lanba said ” Just received BOI report,being analysed.” Lauding Indian Navy efforts, Lanba said “we are continously working towards indigenisation,till date 200 ships have been constructed indigenously and 46 are still under construction.”

No no, 2023....CAG told me so :P

@PARIKRAMA what did I say bro? ;)

tumblr_ncd8l1lUHx1tjfjuco1_1280.png

tumblr_ncd8l1lUHx1tjfjuco2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nptvfyjNTD1tjfjuco10_1280.jpg

INS_Vikrant_being_undocked_at_the_Cochin_Shipyard_Limited_in_2015.jpg

tumblr_nptvfyjNTD1tjfjuco9_1280.jpg

@anant_s @Ankit Kumar 002 @Roybot @Vergennes @MilSpec @nair @SpArK @Joe Shearer @acetophenol @Water Car Engineer

Cool. Thanks for the update. Some Chinese are making bets on which one will be inducted first, Chinese 001A or INS Vikrant. Now race is on. Let's watch. :)

Cool. Thanks for the update. Some Chinese are making bets on which one will be inducted first, Chinese 001A or INS Vikrant. Now race is on. Let's watch. :)
When is the 001A set to be inducted?

+ any link to a thread so we can monitor its progress?

When is the 001A set to be inducted?

+ any link to a thread so we can monitor its progress?
I don't know. As usual Chinese practice, it will be announced AFTER it is inducted..

I think both will be inducted on 2018. lets wait. :-)
What will be the standard tonnage of 001A?

Looking at pace the Chinese are building their carrier they'll outbuild Vikrant!:fie:
It will be close but let's not forget that China has FAR deeper pockets and a larger industrial base than India.

What will be interesting is the quality of both ships, no offence to the Chinese but I suspect the IAC-1 will be descernably ahead because it is incorporating world class tech from around the world. And what will be more important is the follow-on classes of these boats, what will the next gen carriers of India and China look like? The IAC-2 is shaping up to be a beast and we can only assume China has similar plans.

It will be close but let's not forget that China has FAR deeper pockets and a larger industrial base than India.

What will be interesting is the quality of both ships, no offence to the Chinese but I suspect the IAC-1 will be descernably ahead because it is incorporating world class tech from around the world. And what will be more important is the follow-on classes of these boats, what will the next gen carriers of India and China look like? The IAC-2 is shaping up to be a beast and we can only assume China has similar plans.

What is the capacity of type 001A ?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom