What's new

INS VIKRANT DUE TO BE INDUCTED BY DECEMBER 2018, SAYS NAVY CHIEF

I'll rather overestimate Chinese capability then underestimating them! Their goal is USN amd are racing towards achieving it! They are going to be a formidable adversary to IN once they gain experience in operating carriers in distant parts of the world.
It will be close but let's not forget that China has FAR deeper pockets and a larger industrial base than India.

What will be interesting is the quality of both ships, no offence to the Chinese but I suspect the IAC-1 will be descernably ahead because it is incorporating world class tech from around the world. And what will be more important is the follow-on classes of these boats, what will the next gen carriers of India and China look like? The IAC-2 is shaping up to be a beast and we can only assume China has similar plans.

I'll rather overestimate Chinese capability then underestimating them! Their goal is USN amd are racing towards achieving it! They are going to be a formidable adversary to IN once they gain experience in operating carriers in distant parts of the world.
And the IN is pegging themselves against the PLA(N) so expect them to keep pace (as much as possible), can you imagine if they were doing so against the PN? :P

Don't worry, the IN is quickly becoming the golden child of the GoI/MoD, they won't want for much in the coming decades.

Predictably the Chinese are very hush-hush about the subject (covering their a$$es).

Propulsion?
On the last page of that thread there few pics of indigenous gas turbine engine.
Plus there are pics of J15 with new hooks for catapult operations!

And the IN is pegging themselves against the PLA(N) so expect them to keep pace (as much as possible), can you imagine if they were doing so against the PN? :P

Don't worry, the IN is quickly becoming the golden child of the GoI/MoD, they won't want for much in the coming decades.
I have faith in Navy! It's just that Chinese might outpace them in every field!

On the last page of that thread there few pics of indigenous gas turbine engine.
Indeed, I had seen that I'm just wondering about the combined output for the 001A (as I don't read Mandarin ;) )

As for the J-15, I understand it is the only choice the PLA(N) have but it is far from ideal.

Rumor has been flying around in Chinese defense forum about Type-002 CATOBAR AC being under construction. Lots of bickering about whether it should be steam based or EMALS. Lots of such silly quibbles. :)

I have faith in Navy! It's just that Chinese might outpace them in every field!
In quantity but not quality and in the long run India is only going to close the gap to China (militarily and economically).

Rumor has been flying around in Chinese defense forum about Type-002 CATOBAR AC being under construction. Lots of bickering about whether it should be steam based or EMALS. Lots of such silly quibbles. :)
China has EMALS tech that will deployable in the near future?

Wouldn't that necessitate nuclear power?

I think both are pretty useless. This to me seems like a repeat of WW1, defensive technology (in this case anti air missiles) have advanced so far, and we both have so many of them that something in the realm of 20+ 4th gen fighters will be incapable of inflicting the type of damage needed to justify throwing them against such force.

I believe like WW2 with the advance of stealth, then can carriers be useful again. For now, I see a carrier as nothing more than a prestige product.

But I believe we, or at least China you might get F-35, are at least a decade away from carrier stealth fighters.

China has EMALS tech that will deployable in the near future?

Wouldn't that necessitate nuclear power?

I don't know. My guess is that it is still under testing. A dedicated testing facility has been constructed for testing both steam catapult and EMALS. It won't surprise me if the first batch (Chinese like to build at least 2 for each type) of CATOBAR ACs turn out to be steam-based.

Indeed, I had seen that I'm just wondering about the combined output for the 001A (as I don't read Mandarin ;) )

As for the J-15, I understand it is the only choice the PLA(N) have but it is far from ideal.
Don't you this if their future carrier have catapult J15 's will de formidable?
:dirol:hypothetical situation brother?

Don't you this if their future carrier have catapult J15 's will de formidable?
:dirol:hypothetical situation brother?
I'd take greater numbers of medium weight fighters any day. The Russians themsleves have ditched the Su-33.

CATOBAR will be a game changer though.

But I believe we, or at least China you might get F-35, are at least a decade away from carrier stealth fighters.
It will be HEAVILY pitched to India but I would rule it out (as we stand today).

I'd take greater numbers of medium weight fighters any day. The Russians themsleves have ditched the Su-33.

CATOBAR will be a game changer though.
In the end it comes down to the man behind the machine on PDF!
On the Su 33 issues there were numerous issues leading the Russians towards 29K.
Don't you think? Though it was capable machine back in the day!

meme1-1384x1038.jpg

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom