What's new

INS Vikrant, being built by Cochin Shipyard, to be ready by 2018:Pics

6b3f9b06-267f-47e6-a68e-571e506e9e0c.jpeg

You can't be serious.

Average labour cost in India is 4-5 times cheaper than UK. In PPP terms our INR is supposed to be 3 times cheaper than the British pound. Which means raw materials in India should be at least 3 times cheaper than UK.

Explain to me again how and why our shipbuilding is MORE expensive than UK ?

The initial investment for building a large ship is always higher. This cost also includes the cost of new and acquired technologies and the infrastructure the shipyard had to develop,which in the future won't be charged with the ACC. CSL has build ships over 80k Ton but building them and ACC is very different starting from the steel used. If we build an ACC of a similar type in the future, then the cost will be down by 25% or more.

LOVELY rendering.

But I failed to see the Barak-8 SAM silo.

Anybody know where it will be placed ?

The initial investment for building a large ship is always higher. This cost also includes the cost of new and acquired technologies and the infrastructure the shipyard had to develop,which in the future won't be charged with the ACC. CSL has build ships over 80k Ton but building them and ACC is very different starting from the steel used. If we build an ACC of a similar type in the future, then the cost will be down by 25% or more.

It is possible that the cost involved the cost of modernising the Ship yard. But that is suspect.

19 K crore was released this year when the hull was almost complete.

Ever wonder why British AC is cheaper even though they had pretty much the same problem we had ?

IAC's Radars & Weapons-2.jpg
LOVELY rendering.

But I failed to see the Barak-8 SAM silo.

Anybody know where it will be placed ?

It is possible that the cost involved the cost of modernising the Ship yard. But that is suspect.

19 K crore was released this year when the hull was almost complete.

Ever wonder why British AC is cheaper even though they had pretty much the same problem we had ?

Barak position

Attachments

• IAC's Radars & Weapons-2.jpg
    IAC's Radars & Weapons-2.jpg
    412.6 KB · Views: 34
You can't be serious.

Average labour cost in India is 4-5 times cheaper than UK. In PPP terms our INR is supposed to be 3 times cheaper than the British pound. Which means raw materials in India should be at least 3 times cheaper than UK.

Explain to me again how and why our shipbuilding is MORE expensive than UK ?

Project management, building techniques etc play an important role too

It can. They have a century of experience in building carriers while also being one of the most experienced shipbuilders in general.

South Korea and China has already demonstrated that such things do not make any major difference.

Ship building practices the world over is pretty much the same.

South Korea and China has already demonstrated that such things do not make any major difference.

Ship building practices the world over is pretty much the same.

Oh I forgot, all these nations also have much better infrastructure too, apart from experience (SK are also experienced ship builders).

Ever tried to get through traffic in Cochin?

Oh I forgot, all these nations also have much better infrastructure too, apart from experience (SK are also experienced ship builders).

Ever tried to get through traffic in Cochin?

What Rubbish. What has traffic got to do with this ? What next ? you going to bring in Toilets too ?

What infrastructure was built with the money sanctioned for the AC ?

What Rubbish. What has traffic got to do with this ? What next ? you going to bring in Toilets too ?

What infrastructure was built with the money sanctioned for the AC ?

Try to think a little bit before typing next time smart boy.

Time is money, its as simple as that. Bad infrastructure is a tumor for production. Delays in deliveries etc are responsible for rising costs. Same goes for bureaucracy.

Try to think a little bit before typing next time smart boy.

Time is money, its as simple as that. Bad infrastructure is a tumor for production. Delays in deliveries etc are responsible for rising costs. Same goes for bureaucracy.

LOL. Here comes another with generic "gyaan".

SHOW me where bad infrastructure was responsible for High cost of AC-1. Provide the link. Show me how bureaucracy resulted in rise in cost.

I am not interested in your "expert opinions", provide FACTS.

Back
Top Bottom