What's new

INS Vikrant, being built by Cochin Shipyard, to be ready by 2018:Pics

These daysIN is getting so much expensive and awesome stuff , IAF has getting rafales .What IA will get in this budget??

You can't be serious.

Average labour cost in India is 4-5 times cheaper than UK. In PPP terms our INR is supposed to be 3 times cheaper than the British pound. Which means raw materials in India should be at least 3 times cheaper than UK.

Explain to me again how and why our shipbuilding is MORE expensive than UK ?
well sir like its easier/cheaper/cost effective/profitable and more convinient for someone like Jaguar to design a new plat form than TATA

These daysIN is getting so much expensive and awesome stuff , IAF has getting rafales .What IA will get in this budget??
new arty guns & Tanks :)

well sir like its easier/cheaper/cost effective/profitable and more convinient for someone like Jaguar to design a new plat form than TATA

No its NOT.

Besiders Jaguar cost 10 times more than any Tata car.

No its NOT.

Besiders Jaguar cost 10 times more than any Tata car.
maybe ur right sir but jag still is a better car deu to there heritage and already infra & technology in place while same cant be said about say TATA but yeah IAC 1 is expensive in comparrison to latest british carrier but once we figure owt all the techs required (engines ,asserter wires and radars&other support & wepon systems) for it and make them all in house the cost will come down dramaticali

maybe ur right sir but jag still is a better car deu to there heritage and already infra & technology in place while same cantbe said about say TATA but yeah IAC 1 is expensive in comparrison to latest british carrier but once we figure owt all the techs required(engines ,asserter wires and radars&other support systems) for it and make them all in house the cost will come down dramatikalli

Jaguar is a GREAT car and is 2-3 time better than Tata Car, but its 10 times more expensive.

UK did not have the Infra to build a 65 k ton ship. They were doing it for the First time too. The last time they build an AC was in 1980 and that was a 22000 ton AC.

It was not much different from India.

It is unlikely that the next AC that is built in India is going to be any cheaper. If anything, it will be twice as Expensive.

CCxkrKiUsAAOhqA.jpg

95% hull work of Indigenous Aircraft Carrier INS Vikrant, being built by Cochin Shipyard is complete

CCxkq92VIAEWZ0j.jpg

Scheduled delivery of Indigenous Aircraft Carrier, INS Vikrant, being built by CSL- 2018

CCxkrZhVIAE8C5x.jpg

INS Vikrant, being built by CSL, likely to be un-docked May-end

Ministry of Defence, Government of India

Handsome Ship! Jai Hind!

the two aircraft carrier costs about £6.2bn(about $8bn) yes i know its epensive. They are huge as as well having a dispacement ofv bn over 65000 tonnes (thats over 25000tonnes more than india Vikrant). It will be manned by a crew of almost 700 hundred people, powered by Two Rolls Royce MT30 gas turbines which will provide about two-thirds of the ship’s power and the rest will come from four diesel engines. Noe that the MT30 is based on the engine which powers the Boeing 777 aircraft.:azn:
The 14 F-35Bs which we will procure, with support costs added, will cost about £2.5bn. We might procure more for the second carrier that is under construction as well.:D

Two Super carriers (Elizabeth Class) for the Royal Navy !

Ehem, pardon me but I think this song is needed now !

;)

where did you saw that i mean the 250 billion dollar part ???? the way I know and i saw is that till 2050 CHINA has no compitition in ASIA although INDIA would be a big guy but till 2050 INDIA is nowhere near CHINA and CHINA's current budget is near 75 billion$ to 80 Billion$ i think so till 2050 the most i can expect from INDIA would be 85 billion $ to 90 billion $ !!!
India's defence budget will only be double what it is today in 2050 despite its economy being some 15-20 times larger by 2050??

So you think India will only be spending 0.25% of its GDP on defence by 2050?

You need to grow up and smell the coffee mate.

In the long term India and China will be almost equal in pretty much all measures.

The 14 F-35Bs which we will procure, with support costs added, will cost about £2.5bn. We might procure more for the second carrier that is under construction as well.:D
I'm 100% certain the second QEC carrier will be mothballed the moment it is commissioned. The SDSR this year will help in understanding where the UK's strategic priorities lie but I don't see the RN getting 2 QEC for active service- we can't even afford the air wing for both. With Trident, new MPAs (they have to be procured), more F-35s and the T-26s there isn't really anything left for the second QEC.

Back
Top Bottom