What's new

INS Kolkata, navy’s most powerful warship, to be delivered next month

they were testing an aip system, a new technology that they've never had before. accidents happens all the time when you're testing something new... what is indian excuse for blowing up their own ships and subs again and again recently? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Choke on this,

Type 52c Destroyer

Propulsion: Ukranian and German

The first two ships' propulsion is in the form of CODOG, consisting of two Ukraine-made DA80/DN80 gas turbines each rated at ~32,600 hp(24 MW) and two Shaanxi diesel engines (Chinese licensed production of the MTU 20V956TB92 (German)) each rated at ~6,700 hp (5 MW). The DA80/DN80 gas turbine is the export version of UGT-25000 of Ukrainian Zorya-Mashprocket State State Enterprise Gas Turbine Research & Production Complex, purchased by China in the late 1990s as part of license-production in China. [1]The UGT25000 has power rating of 25-27MW depending on configuration [2], but could only provide 24MW upon delivery because development was not fully completed when they were sold to China. A total of eight units were originally purchased and Chinese sources have claimed that all had been upgraded, mainly in the area of turbine blade production techniques, and such update had greatly increased reliability and maintainability.

Radar: Ukranian origin

upload_2014-2-10_16-38-51-png.16507

The August 2009 report from the Office of Naval Intelligence states that “the Luyang II DDG possesses a sophisticated phased-array radar system similar to the western AEGIS radar system.” 2009 ONI Report, p. 1. Another author states that “the Chinese bought their active-array destroyer radar from the Ukrainian Kvant organization, which is unlikely to have the resources to develop the project much further.” (Norman Friedman, “Russian Arms Industry Foundering,” U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings, September 2009: 90-91.

Armament: Ex Soviet, French

HQ9:
Copy of Russian S-300V

Cruise Missiles: Made with the help of ex Soviet scientists

Type 210 100mm naval gun: Modified copy of French 100mm Naval Gun

Type 730 CIWS: External design copy of Dutch Goalkeeper, Internal copy of French, Sagem Volcan.

ASW Capabilites: French, European

Sonar: Modified French DUBV-23 sonar

Helicopters : Russian Kamov Ka-28 or Z9 (Chinese copy of Eurocopter Dauphin)

Indigenous Chinese destroyer eh :azn:. More like the United Nations destroyer :omghaha:

Dude what did you do to that poor little guy??

He ran away with tears.... i don't think so he's going to come back to this thread again!!!
I'm so worried... With him gone who's going to make me laugh now!!!

they were testing an aip system, a new technology that they've never had before. accidents happens all the time when you're testing something new... what is indian excuse for blowing up their own ships and subs again and again recently? :rolleyes:

Really??? Chinese were testing AIP in 2003??????? Why don't you post me the link?/

So your argument is that because MF-STAR and Brarak 8 are newer, then it must be more capable and advanced?

Aster 30:
Weight - 450 kg
Speed - 4.5 Mach
Range - 120 km
Flight ceiling - 20 km

Barak 8:
Weight - 275 kg
Speed - 2 Mach
Range - 70 km
Flight ceiling - 16 km

Sorry, but Barak 8 isn't even in the same league as Aster. The Aster 30 is a truly high-end air defence weapon.
2 Mach speed is obviously nonsense. This type of missiles have 4 mach as least.

SAMPSON is a very advanced AESA radar, so too is MF-STAR. Any comparison would be pure conjecture and inaccurate at best. But on paper at-least, the SAMPSON offers superior capabilities than MF-STAR.
SAMPSON updated every 1 sec, MF-STAR updates constantly. Imagine u are boxing with very fast opponent and your eyes are permanently closed for 1 sec, then opened for a blink and again closed for 1 sec, while ur opponents eyes are always open.

Another advantage for the Type 45 destroyer is that it is also equipped with the highly advanced S180M long range radar too.
SMART-L detects patrol aircraft at 400 km.
ELM-2238 detects fighter aircraft at 250 km.

The typical patrol aircraft like P-3 Orion has RCS of 80 m. That means 5 m fighter will be detected by SMART-L at 200 km.

Last edited:
@500 : Do you know what is the price of the MF-Star radar, C&C and Barak-8 missile system together?

No they weren't, you loathsome liar. They were on a routine training patrol, and the crew of 70 also included 13 trainee cadets. Pathetic, trying to prove a non-existent point by making up facts. Like @cirr, you have been pwned on this thread. Better to slip away silently like he did.:rofl:

Dude what did you do to that poor little guy??

He ran away with tears.... i don't think so he's going to come back to this thread again!!!
I'm so worried... With him gone who's going to make me laugh now!!!

Why do you worry about that, the Imperial Clown Qwerrty is there to lap-dance around this thread for entertainment. No worries!!!

No they weren't, you loathsome liar. They were on a routine training patrol, and the crew of 70 also included 13 trainee cadets. Pathetic, trying to prove a non-existent point by making up facts. Like @cirr, you have been pwned on this thread. Better to slip away silently like he did.:rofl:

Chinese submarine 361 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Chinese submarine
Great Wall (No. 361) Type-035AIP (updated Ming III class)
Latest News Deepens Mystery: Loss of Chinese AIP Sub in 2003

Neither link says they were testing a new AIP. Your best course of action, as I suggested earlier,is to do a vanishing act from the thread like your trollpartner @cirr did. Avoid additional humiliation.

The links actually say that it it was on a silent, non contact drill - which obviously means they were not trying out new equipment. The headquarters did not even know the sub had sunk, until fishermen spotted it. If civilians hadn't spotted it, we would never have known about it, and you would be singing songs about the unsinkable PLAN, since the govt would cover up any embarassing incidents to the best of its abilities.

In April 2003, the Chinese Navy decided to put a large group of its best submarine talent on the same boat as part of an experiment to synergize its naval elite. The result? Within hours of leaving port, the Type 035 Ming III class submarine sank with all hands lost

Xinhua itself confirms it was a training patrol:

A Chinese conventional submarine on a military training exercise was involved in an accident in which all 70 people aboard were killed, China's state-run Xinhua news agency reported Friday.

CNN.com - China says sub disaster killed 70 - May. 2, 2003

Now stop pulling fiction from your backside. Like everything else that comes from that region, it stinks.

I think you need to read the articles before posting the links!!!
The links doesn't say a shit about AIP... >>"Type-035AIP (updated Ming III class)" this shit is written by the blogger and not acc to Reuters... So now its clear to me you're not a Chinese but Pakistani....

Any idea when the Barak 8 will be installed? I heard there was some recent snags with the project and the dates have been pushed forward now.

because i and many other PLA watchers are smarter than your average 2 digits iq yindians..lol. at the time there were many sources speculated that china was testing an AIP on their ming class sub. the sub that had an accident was Type-035AIP military diisignated, while other mings has designations.. 035, 035A, 035B, 035G, 035ET..
the designated type-035AIP is a dead giveaway. also, the 15 extra personnel on board that never explain and how all crews died and sub not sink..

post reported for derogatory and racist remarks

sorry, i don't have english master to spank my *** for 200 years :D

post reported for trolling

because i and many other PLA watchers are smarter than your average iq indians..lol. at the time there were many sources speculated that china was testing an AIP on their ming class sub. the sub that had an accident was Type-035AIP military diisignated, while other mings has designation.. 035, 035A, 035B, 035G, 035ET..
the designated type-035AIP is a dead giveaway. also, the 15 extra personnel on board that never explain and how all crews died and sub not sink..
sorry, i don't have english master to spank my *** for 200 years :D

@Oscar @Emmie @Manticore

The problem is Barak-8 missile, i think it will be a long time to wait for Barak-8.

500 What's current situation of Barak-8 development, Did Israel finish the project and When for INS Kolkata , any official range ? Ths.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom