What's new

Indonesian president vows to outgun Australia

PPP doesn't matter when you are comparing countries on the global scale.

What DOES matter is governmental revenue.

Australia's Revenue: $473,200 Million
Indonesia's Revenue: $134,200 Million.

Indonesia is not going to be coming anywhere near us economically for a long, long time, if ever.

Indonesia government revenue with rise quicker than that of Australia due to 3 factors:

1. Expected 6% GDP per annum growth versus 3% for Australia.

2. Indonesian government spending is only around 18% of it's GDP versus 35% for Australia. Expect this to rise to around 25% by 2030 for Indonesia while it is likely to say the same for Australia.

3. Indonesia currency is expected to appreciate against the Australian dollar over time.

Sometime in the 2020s Indonesia will spend more in dollar terms than Australia and the gap will then keep increasing.

No way that Australia will ever be able to match Indonesia in the long run.

Indonesia government revenue with rise quicker than that of Australia due to 3 factors:

1. Expected 6% GDP per annum growth versus 3% for Australia.

2. Indonesian government spending is only around 18% of it's GDP versus 35% for Australia. Expect this to rise to around 25% by 2030 for Indonesia while it is likely to say the same for Australia.

3. Indonesia currency is expected to appreciate against the Australian dollar over time.

Sometime in the 2020s Indonesia will spend more in dollar terms than Australia and the gap will then keep increasing.

No way that Australia will ever be able to match Indonesia in the long run.

don't be worry, value added by Indonesia's manufacturing alone is bigger than Australia's. In the long run, this will affect government revenue to rise.

Manufacturing, value added (current US$) | Data | Table

Defence White Paper 2013

Some bedtime reading for the keyboard warriors.

In regards to Australia-Indonesia relations, see 2.32 and 2.34

There's also a big section on US-China relations and its impact on Australia.

I'm glad they are building their military, I hope they never get colonized again like they were before..

Oh yeah? And when did this beating, battering and brutalisation occur? In your feverish dreams?

Our country only has 23 million people, about the same population as Shanghai, the day that Shanghai can militarily challenge Australia, I will renounce Australia and call myself a proud citizen of the PRC.

You have heard about the ANZUS treaty right? The mutual defense pact between the US and Australia.

At the rate China is going it is alienating all major countries in the world. Your only real friends are insignificant countries like Pakistan and North Korea.

The ***-whooping that you guys are about receive is going to be legendary.

We give out arse whoppings. Australian military wont last 24 hours if the PLA decided to use full force.

That guy was just putting out a flame bait and you fell for it. but you cannot deny that they went from 100% of the population to '2.6%' as you say, only in the last few hundred years of their 40,000 year history in this land. even that '2.6%' is self-identified and not pure aboriginal, a significant number of them would be mixed with Europeans or others.

sorry to say, but the foundation of the Australian commonwealth was pure and utter genocide of a local population by white colonial invaders who had nothing to do with this land. not to mention systematic destruction of perhaps the only living upper paleolithic culture, spread of european diseases, segregation and discrimination which lingers. go walk around redfern to understand how well they have it.

Australians had a chance in Paul Keating's time to reconcile but you kicked him out and brought that kook howard in. well done, you yobs. aboriginals have to settle for a superficial token apology by that transvestite rudd more than two centuries after their land and generations were stolen from them. sketchy bast*rds won't even give them a guaranteed number of seats in parliament to compensate for effectively zero self-governance in their historic lands.

umm......you forgot about 1 thing before you made the comment of Aboriginal Australian went from 100% to 2.6%......

100% is 100% of population before the White settlement. At that time, Original aboriginal Script put the indigenous population of 350,000 to 712,000 Aboriginal Australia. SO by 100% you mean either 350,000 to 712,000 original aboriginal resident.

The 2.6% is according to today Population, which stand at 23,000,000 so 2.6% of Australian Population is aroune 512,000. Depend on which script you use, the Aboriginal Population either went up by 200,000 or went down by 200,000.

We do not Mass Massacre or Genocide the Aboriginal Australian Population as you said from 100% to 2.6%.

Prehistoric Australian Aboriginal populations were growing | COSMOS magazine

again, to people who know nothing about Australian History, best that you did not say anything otherwise you will just embarrasses yourselves

PS I lived in Red Fern

People say any big ol' country can challenge Australia in Australian soil is a joke.

ADF have a combine strength of 150,000 personnel in all 3 branch, it may not be big, but it can hold our own.

Don't forget Australia as a whole is an Island. It's terrain and feature heavily favour the Defender. You can march 1 millions solider in Australia but you will STILL NOT ABLE TO CONTROL AUSTRALIA. Do you want to know why? Australia is TOO BIG for any country to occupied. If anyone need to fully occupied Australia, you probably need about 7 millions strong contingent to occupied every inch of our soil.

Bear in mind, Australia is 4th biggest place on earth and the Largest habitable Island in the world

If you cannot fully occupied us, then you will only ended up fighting a guerrilla war with us, there are no hope even for China to totally occupied the Australian Mainland. 150,000 ADF strength can be more than enough to fight off any intruder, cause we will just give any of you thinking of Invading Australia a "Vietnam"

People say any big ol' country can challenge Australia in Australian soil is a joke.

ADF have a combine strength of 150,000 personnel in all 3 branch, it may not be big, but it can hold our own.

Don't forget Australia as a whole is an Island. It's terrain and feature heavily favour the Defender. You can march 1 millions solider in Australia but you will STILL NOT ABLE TO CONTROL AUSTRALIA. Do you want to know why? Australia is TOO BIG for any country to occupied. If anyone need to fully occupied Australia, you probably need about 7 millions strong contingent to occupied every inch of our soil.

Bear in mind, Australia is 4th biggest place on earth and the Largest habitable Island in the world

If you cannot fully occupied us, then you will only ended up fighting a guerrilla war with us, there are no hope even for China to totally occupied the Australian Mainland. 150,000 ADF strength can be more than enough to fight off any intruder, cause we will just give any of you thinking of Invading Australia a "Vietnam"

Just as you said~ I think Australian in general are to paranoid towards Indonesia "invading" Australia, not militarily, but immigration-wise.

Still fresh in mind that in 1998, when Asian financial crisis force Soeharto to resign and unleashed social and economic chaos in Indonesia, all news media in Australia reportingly spread rumors of fear there will be mass influx of Indonesian fleeing to Australia, which actually did not happened, except for some super-rich ones fleeing Indonesia along with their money.

When you ask Indonesian about neighboring countries, they will always mention Singapore, Malaysia, and other ASEAN countries, but no Australia;Australia won't even come into their mind unless being told. :cheesy:

Man that is a ridiculous statement to make.

China only needs to capture your largest cities and Australia is theirs.

Don't worry as long as Australia behaves itself then it is safe from invasion.

China is not interested on Australian land, but after the collapse of USA, Aussies will get occupied by Indonesia and other Southeast/South Asian Muslim nations.

Man that is a ridiculous statement to make.

China only needs to capture your largest cities and Australia is theirs.

Don't worry as long as Australia behaves itself then it is safe from invasion.

How do you get the conclusion Who he control the largest City, who he control Australia??

Can I say if London was lost then the Whole United Kingdom is occupied??

Dude, in modern build up city design, we can literally Abandon our "Largest City" and move inward. Do bear in mind we have the size of America but with only 23 millions people, on average, each Australian can have 2.6 KM personal space, plus don't forget we are an "Outback" nation. Even if you capture our biggest city we will just be moving inland to places like Dubbo or Alice Spring and continue fighting.

Not to mention if we put a Urban Warfare suit in Sydney and Melborne, it can suck at least 8 Millions of Chinese troop in those battlefield as there are over 10 millions inhabitant in both city. Does Chinese have 8 millions troop?

I don't know how you come to the conclusion on "Controlling the Largest city" then China will control Australia. You have to be really stupid or generally have a serious mental issue to think like that. It's not even counted as Illogical. It's impractical thinking

China is not interested on Australian land, but after the collapse of USA, Aussies will get occupied by Indonesia and other Southeast/South Asian Muslim nations.

dude, you cannot occupy Aussie, Aussie is a person. How do you occupy a person is beyond me. Maybe try to keep us Busy [Occupied]?

Man you would think for a person living in "Kanada", their English should be up to level. Man this is quite disappointing

Rest of the post are rubbish :lol:

dude, you cannot occupy Aussie, Aussie is a person. How do you occupy a person is beyond me. Maybe try to keep us Busy [Occupied]?

Man you would think for a person living in "Kanada", their English should be up to level. Man this is quite disappointing

Rest of the post are rubbish :lol:

Don't fcking play dumb with me, you white wannabe viet.

As i said before, once USA is gone, there will be a coalition force of Pakistan-Bangladesh-Malaysia-Indonesia to occupy the white trash Australia. :agree:

Don't fcking play dumb with me, you white wannabe viet.

As i said before, once USA is gone, there will be a coalition force of Pakistan-Bangladesh-Malaysia-Indonesia to occupy the white trash Australia. :agree:

lol I don't need to play dumb with you, as you are in fact,, DUMB

As you said "Once US is gone" then can you come back to me and talk about this WHEN US IS INDEED, GONE??

Otherwise I can also say, when China CCP is gone, somebody will go to Kanada and have your balls. That does not make any sense until China is really gone, did it?? lol :lol: Got it, Freeloader??

How do you get the conclusion Who he control the largest City, who he control Australia??

Can I say if London was lost then the Whole United Kingdom is occupied??

Dude, in modern build up city design, we can literally Abandon our "Largest City" and move inward. Do bear in mind we have the size of America but with only 23 millions people, on average, each Australian can have 2.6 KM personal space, plus don't forget we are an "Outback" nation. Even if you capture our biggest city we will just be moving inland to places like Dubbo or Alice Spring and continue fighting.

Not to mention if we put a Urban Warfare suit in Sydney and Melborne, it can suck at least 8 Millions of Chinese troop in those battlefield as there are over 10 millions inhabitant in both city. Does Chinese have 8 millions troop?

I don't know how you come to the conclusion on "Controlling the Largest city" then China will control Australia. You have to be really stupid or generally have a serious mental issue to think like that. It's not even counted as Illogical. It's impractical thinking

I used the word "cities" as opposed to city.

Good luck trying to keep up the fight in the outback being hunted by close air-support aircraft and airborne troops who would be far better equipped and supported.:tup:

As long as Australia gives the Asians what they need then no need to invade Australia.

lol I don't need to play dumb with you, as you are in fact,, DUMB

As you said "Once US is gone" then can you come back to me and talk about this WHEN US IS INDEED, GONE??

Otherwise I can also say, when China CCP is gone, somebody will go to Kanada and have your balls. That does not make any sense until China is really gone, did it??

LMAO, this guy is epic, it seems that Jews wanna see USA to be gone as well. :lol:

Peter Schiff: Why Canada Will Divorce The US And Marry China - YouTube

Back
Top Bottom