What's new

Indonesian president vows to outgun Australia

indonesia certainly has a larger army then australia, but as it is now they could not win a war with us.

indonesia i hear teaches some indonesian people that they own australia and they have legal claim to it?

although they are never much trouble for us, so unless indonesia was really stupid, i don't see a war between australia and indonesia.. unless other powers were busy with other wars and the opportunity arised.

i think if indonesia tried to do another china and rapidly build up their forces to gain superiority you would find even more americans in australia, and also australia getting a lot more superior equipment, as we already do as opposed to indonesia.

i guess all the money australia gives to indonesia could also be cancelled, although that may just stunt their growth a tiny bit.

indonesia certainly has a larger army then australia, but as it is now they could not win a war with us.

indonesia i hear teaches some indonesian people that they own australia and they have legal claim to it?

although they are never much trouble for us, so unless indonesia was really stupid, i don't see a war between australia and indonesia.. unless other powers were busy with other wars and the opportunity arised.

i think if indonesia tried to do another china and rapidly build up their forces to gain superiority you would find even more americans in australia, and also australia getting a lot more superior equipment, as we already do as opposed to indonesia.

i guess all the money australia gives to indonesia could also be cancelled, although that may just stunt their growth a tiny bit.

Bold Orange: Personally, of all the years I spent both in formal and informal education institutions in my country, I have never heard my teachers or found anything in any book about Australia being ours.

Bold Red: Actually, the money Australia gave us is not even pleaded by Indonesia. Australia provides aid to Indonesian schools as an act of friendly donation, not an official donation, thus making it unable to stunt Indonesia's economy growth because it has no co-relation at all. Anyway, more than 18.000 Indonesian students bring more than USD 500 million to Australian education institutes annually, let's say we are even. So stop pretending to be the rich guy who gives money to beggars.

Indonesia already has an economy larger than Australia when counted in PPP.

It's economy is projected to grow around 6% a year till 2030 at least whereas the Australians can expect to manage 3% a year.

Of course Indonesia will have the most powerful military in the Oceania region in the future.

Indonesia already has an economy larger than Australia when counted in PPP.

It's economy is projected to grow around 6% a year till 2030 at least whereas the Australians can expect to manage 3% a year.

Of course Indonesia will have the most powerful military in the Oceania region in the future.

PPP doesn't matter when you are comparing countries on the global scale.

What DOES matter is governmental revenue.

Australia's Revenue: $473,200 Million
Indonesia's Revenue: $134,200 Million.

Indonesia is not going to be coming anywhere near us economically for a long, long time, if ever.

sorry we never ask money from your country, they just give it is to us for symbolic goodwill gesture. For your info, Indonesia economic growth never depend on Australia aid, and just to remember thats your associates farmer group lobbying your gov. to lift meat cow bans export several years ago :coffee: . And just wait for several years into future when our nation will outgunned your military power and you dont have any money or separate budget to compete with us.

Are you on drug? According to Statistic Bureau, Australia have a higher than average percentage of Multicultural population with 20-25% (15% Asian, ~5% African, ~5% Middle Eastern,(2% on Lebanese alone) 2.6% Aborginal) of non-European descents resident. Compare to the big country like China of their 6.06%. US 27.8%, UK 12%

That guy was just putting out a flame bait and you fell for it. but you cannot deny that they went from 100% of the population to '2.6%' as you say, only in the last few hundred years of their 40,000 year history in this land. even that '2.6%' is self-identified and not pure aboriginal, a significant number of them would be mixed with Europeans or others.

sorry to say, but the foundation of the Australian commonwealth was pure and utter genocide of a local population by white colonial invaders who had nothing to do with this land. not to mention systematic destruction of perhaps the only living upper paleolithic culture, spread of european diseases, segregation and discrimination which lingers. go walk around redfern to understand how well they have it.

Australians had a chance in Paul Keating's time to reconcile but you kicked him out and brought that kook howard in. well done, you yobs. aboriginals have to settle for a superficial token apology by that transvestite rudd more than two centuries after their land and generations were stolen from them. sketchy bast*rds won't even give them a guaranteed number of seats in parliament to compensate for effectively zero self-governance in their historic lands.

To be fair, it is your governments responsibility aswell considering corrupt officials in your country are allowing people smuggling to be operated out of Indonesia.

The so called "refugees" fly to Indonesia and use it as a launching pad to get to Australia.

Ooh~ We are "poor" and "backward" country we "can't compete" with Australia in military power, how can we afford to control people smuggler ~ :devil:
:whistle:

PPP doesn't matter when you are comparing countries on the global scale.

What DOES matter is governmental revenue.

Australia's Revenue: $473,200 Million
Indonesia's Revenue: $134,200 Million.

Indonesia is not going to be coming anywhere near us economically for a long, long time, if ever.

Funny, because government revenue is used to count fiscal policy, not to measure how much money that can be spent to fuel the military. Military spending is counted by its ratio to the GDP, not to the Government revenue, that's why the size of economy and the spending power of a country are used to measure the ability of a country to withstand the needs of its armed forces.

"Us" yeah sure, you tend to be an Australian guy :cheesy:

Try to come to the Australian mainland and we will.

:lol: yea tell that to your Indian military that have beaten, battered and brutalised by the PLA. Australian military is powder puff military. It barely has an Air Force and Navy.

Ooh~ We are "poor" and "backward" country we "can't compete" with Australia in military power, how can we afford to control people smuggler ~ :devil:

All it takes is basic policing to stop corrupt officials and prevent people smuggling.

Maybe we can release for more than 5 thousand illegal migrant from Afghanistan, Myanmar, Irak and so on back to their destination country:):)

Oh maybe our naval forces just let slip out a lot of them every years. Because we are corrupt, poor and backward country which "doesnt have any control for our seas" :smokin::smokin:

All it takes is basic policing to stop corrupt officials and prevent people smuggling.

and what? keep them in our country? we are not your dumpsite, those guys are heading towards your country, actually. Why should we spare our time keeping them?

:lol: yea tell that to your Indian military that have beaten, battered and brutalised by the PLA. Australian military is powder puff military. It barely has an Air Force and Navy.
still the fact remains that Arunachal Pradesh is being ruled by India and your PLA can't do a thing about that other than claiming some barren desert land in eastern Ladakh!first try to take Arunachal Pradesh away from India then we can talk about a possible PLA invasion of Australia(which is btw around 6000 kms away from China):omghaha:

Oh yeah? And when did this beating, battering and brutalisation occur? In your feverish dreams?

Our country only has 23 million people, about the same population as Shanghai, the day that Shanghai can militarily challenge Australia, I will renounce Australia and call myself a proud citizen of the PRC.

You have heard about the ANZUS treaty right? The mutual defense pact between the US and Australia.

At the rate China is going it is alienating all major countries in the world. Your only real friends are insignificant countries like Pakistan and North Korea.

The ***-whooping that you guys are about receive is going to be legendary.

Back
Top Bottom