What's new

Indonesia rejects international pleas to halt execution of Pakistani drug convict

@DESERT FIGHTER

Why don't you do some research on the economics of the old Pakistan and then you will see how much resources were transferred from East to West.
Jute was a highly valuable commodity in the 1950s
and early 60s.

Past is past and BD now is looking forward to future.
I only mentioned Pakistan to put that ignorant
Indonesian in their place.

Jute was a resource lol? And West Pakistan was the bread basket of the country... Providing a lot more than just jute and not facing floods and tornados every 6 months and displacing entire regions.

@DESERT FIGHTER

Why don't you do some research on the economics of the old Pakistan and then you will see how much resources were transferred from East to West.
Jute was a highly valuable commodity in the 1950s
and early 60s.

Past is past and BD now is looking forward to future.
I only mentioned Pakistan to put that ignorant
Indonesian in their place.

so you not need to shy away, today Bangladesh is several decades behind Indonesia just accept the truth.

Please stop debate, that guy will be shot, nothing can save that guy except god

Calm down and don't get so defensive.

Since you keep executing people all the time for drug-trafficking this clearly is not working.

Creating a fair society that distributes opportunity and wealth all across society is a much better
way to tackle drugs.

BTW - I do not support death penalty.

Since you keep executing people all the time for drug-trafficking this clearly is not working.

Creating a fair society that distributes opportunity and wealth all across society is a much better
way to tackle drugs.

way to tackle drugs.

It is your legal right to disagree with this one, and we respect it. For even in indonesia there are many people who disagree with this one, but you should to seek why we as a nation take this.

I agree
If he is guilty than there's nothing we can do about it but if he is innocent than Pakistani Gov should do everything in their reach to save this guy provide him a lawyer anything and everything just save him he is a Pakistani for god sake it's our Gov responsibility to save him and bring him back.
P.S I should say our media has done a great job they shouldn't let this news die until that guy is proven guilty or innocent because that's the only way our Gov is gonna work.
I thought you had the point sir. As The Responsible Goverment, any where, she used to do what ever good to qaranty and protect the life or it member, we had done this for our fellow people a broad. But we used to respect the law of the country and work harmonious with their goverment.

...the life of their...
Sorry

so what? So according to your logic, your union when joining Pakistan doesn't give you any meaningful economic growth?

Bro ignore these Bengali nationalists, for the first time in history some positive news is coming out for them so they have lost their mind. Comparing Bangladesh with a G20 nation, seriously wtf. Whenever somebody mentions their low GDP they will immediately start moaning about Pakistani "oppression" and theft of their economy. A simple walk over to the World Bank Databank suggests otherwise however

Pak-Bangladesh-GDP+1970-2011.jpg

https://www.google.com/publicdata/e...0&tend=1312354800000&hl=en_US&dl=en&ind=false

As World Bank data suggests Pakistan was being dragged behind by Bangladesh and as soon as they left in 1971 our economy went miles ahead of theirs. Only now with the 'War on Terror' and the War in Afghanistan has our growth deteriorated and theirs gone up, so they cant believe their eyes that finally they are doing better in some indicators than their former "oppressors". Once again dont mind, but I hope you have gained some sympathy for Pakistanis and Indians who have to put up with this lot on a regular basis :D.

evry single study shows that death penalty has zero effect on crime. its just archaic and primitive
Sir, you may be right on that lecturs basic theories. But how you feel inside if your bright son nor daughter dying by narcotic?

Jute was a resource lol? And West Pakistan was the bread basket of the country... Providing a lot more than just jute and not facing floods and tornados every 6 months and displacing entire regions.

Dont let nationalism blind you to reality.

Just look at the GDP growth of BD and Pakistan to contrast the difference in economic management of the
two countries.

Dont let nationalism blind you to reality.

Just look at the GDP growth of BD and Pakistan to contrast the difference in economic management of the
two countries.

And go back till late 2000s .. We'd still owe you on economic scale .. And even today despite our economic situation,massive floods,earthquakes and war on terror.. Your economy is what? Half of Pakistan?

Meanwhile our economy is again recovering..

As the Indonesian member said .. Better compete with Myanmar.

Bro ignore these Bengali nationalists, for the first time in history some positive news is coming out for them so they have lost their mind. Comparing Bangladesh with a G20 nation, seriously wtf. Whenever somebody mentions their low GDP they will immediately start moaning about Pakistani "oppression" and theft of their economy. A simple walk over to the World Bank Databank suggests otherwise however

Pak-Bangladesh-GDP+1970-2011.jpg

https://www.google.com/publicdata/e...0&tend=1312354800000&hl=en_US&dl=en&ind=false

As World Bank data suggests Pakistan was being dragged behind by Bangladesh and as soon as they left in 1971 our economy went miles ahead of theirs. Only now with the 'War on Terror' and the War in Afghanistan has our growth deteriorated and theirs gone up, so they cant believe their eyes that finally they are doing better in some indicators than their former "oppressors". Once again dont mind, but I hope you have gained some sympathy for Pakistanis and Indians who have to put up with this lot on a regular basis :D.
It's a conspiracy by ISI..:lol:

This chart by WB is fake.. Not.

image.jpeg

It's a conspiracy by ISI..:lol:

This chart by WB is fake.. Not.

View attachment 322163

I wouldnt be surprised if Haseena came out and said that. By far the most illogical ruler I have ever heard of, and that says a lot about her supporters. I mean opposition Islamists "in alliance" with Israeli Mossad, Bangladesh (cricketing minnows) exit from the world cup an ICC conspiracy, ISI behind terrorism in Bangladesh. Anything and everything they do wrong can seemingly be blamed on some outside force!

Seems like some Pakistanis here do not actually
understand basic difference between total GDP
and GDP per capita.

:disagree:

Population
Indonesia - 255,461,700
Pakistan - 202,971,003
Bangla - 171,700,000

GDP nominal (US $)
Indonesia - 936.955 billion
Pakistan - 269.971 billion
Bangla - 226.257 billion

GDP PPP per capita (US $)
Indonesia - 11,126 (China 14,107, Ecuador 11,264, Sri Lanka 10,566, Ukraine 7,519)
Pakistan - 5,000 (Philippines 7,254, India 6,162, Myanmar 5,469, Ghana 4,266)
Bangla - 3,607 (Laos 5,309, Zambia 3,868, Cambodia 3,487, Kenya 3,208)

Bangla you better go back and play with Laos, Cambodia, or your African friends.

so you not need to shy away, today Bangladesh is several decades behind Indonesia just accept the truth.

I would say 15-20 years to get to where Indonesia is now.

Anyway, BD holds the long-term advantage as it is an overwhelming single ethnic-state and has no ethnic divisions like Indonesia has.

Such executions are already done under law, the convict were given a lawyer and whenever he's guilty or not, we're done it in court, unlike Philippines where its police and people just shoot randomly at pedestrian which they're think drug dealers. You can blame us if we do such thing, but we're not.

hqdefault.jpg

I would say 15-20 years to get to where Indonesia is now.

Anyway, BD holds the long-term advantage as it is an overwhelming single ethnic-state and has no ethnic divisions like Indonesia has.
Even a family had different view on problem. I think you really undertand why our great kingdom in past time fade? It all came firstly becouse of inter family conflict. Or what you think on why the west conguer our rase in past?
Sir, the different background, perspective nor .... even ethnic is a force, a power to gain harmonius and giant effort.

Sir, you may be right on that lecturs basic theories. But how you feel inside if your bright son nor daughter dying by narcotic?

I´m too young to have children yet, maybe in 2 or 3 years. I still want enjoy life. ;)

That said i never used any drugs in my entire life. My parents teached me to stay away from it.

Death penalty often hits people who are innocent. What if you have a corrupt police officer who puts something into your bag for example?

Back
Top Bottom