What's new

Indonesia rejects international pleas to halt execution of Pakistani drug convict

@UKBengali

bla bla bla this sh1t over and over again.. Singapore got their independence 20 years later than us yet they are very successful and Haiti got their independence from France since 1825 and now they are one of the poorest countries in the world.

that is fact

Singapore is a tiny city state in case you did not notice. The normal rules of economics do not apply to them like it does other countries. Anyway Singapore, unlike BD, was prospering in the old Malaysia. I suggest you read up on the economic exploitation of BD before 1971 and then start commenting.

Stop using Haiti as an example as that is nothing to do with BD or Indonesia - they are simply incapable of moving beyond 3rd world level.

Let us see where BD is in 2038 and then we can compare BD with current Indonesia to make a fair comparison.

Please explain to us more detail of your rational arguments .. How can you achieve your goal to be the 7th largest economy in 2030? :-)
Brother, we as nation has many challange inside and that's you and many others like you doubt, pessimistic.
But for me the goal is very rasional, base on our possition on the 16th biggest world economy right now. We know where to go is our point + , to be growing, increasing the whole aspect of live. There are any plan on how to.... But the point is, are you have the will to ... and have the courage to take it with the whole cost?
We have them.
To be the player is better (for me) then the commentator. Wake brother and let do it.

Death penalty for drugs is stupid,but its their country and their rules,he knew the risks so,dumb move by him.

Singapore is a tiny city state in case you did not notice. The normal rules of economics do not apply to them like it does other countries. Anyway Singapore, unlike BD, was prospering in the old Malaysia. I suggest you read up on the economic exploitation of BD before 1971 and then start commenting.

Stop using Haiti as an example as that is nothing to do with BD or Indonesia - they are simply incapable of moving beyond 3rd world level.

Let us see where BD is in 2038 and then we can compare BD with current Indonesia to make a fair comparison.
I love this. Let us see where our position in ten years more from now. For me it better to use our thought in the positive way like this, then...mm be controlled by envy and jelousy motive.
Well done.

Please enlighten me what kinda economic rule (law) didn't apply to those small countries, Singapore in the past is just small fishing village with no resource or industry the only thing she has is the strategic location. you can blame everybody under the sun for your own failure but it doesnt change the fact that you are is simply incapable.

can't agree more, every nation have different capabilities and resources to makes the change just like BD and Indonesia has .:yahoo:

whoaa good luck bro i wish BD all the best, we cant compare things that not happen yet but we can compare the past right?

This Is Jakarta Indonesia Looks in the early 90's
7f2b23432ba598594c60841908ac415d.jpg
jkt7-jpg_075840.jpg
9040547.jpg

This is Dhaka BD looks like right at this very moment with some fancy filter :woot:
dhaka-008.jpg
images
dhaka-attack-em2.jpg

its difficult to find the better pic for Dhaka this the best i have

Last edited:
@BadGuys

Stop posting a good scene from Jakarta and a bad one from Dhaka to make your point.

I am not going to waste my time with explaining why it is
easier to develop a city-state than a "normal" country.

Indonesia is not a country to emulate for BD at all.

Ask yourself why you are so much behind Malaysia and
then you may be able to improve your pathetic growth rate.

Indonesia will be a top ten economy by then,not comparable.

Most important who will enjoy and own your assets? As far as I know, currently, almost 80% of your assets are owned and controlled by Chinese and/or foreigners ... Meanwhile the majority of your people get nothing ..:crazy:

@BadGuys
Stop posting a good scene from Jakarta and a bad one from Dhaka to make your point.
feel free to post another pic so we can compare like i said earlier thats the best i can get.
@BadGuys
I am not going to waste my time with explaining why it is
easier to develop a city-state than a "normal" country.
i know u will say something like this..:hitwall:
@BadGuys
Indonesia is not a country to emulate for BD at all.
no, not at all, we are at the different league
@BadGuys
Ask yourself why you are so much behind Malaysia and
then you may be able to improve your pathetic growth rate.
so much behind in what sense? economic growth. Per capita growth, economic size, industry, technology, influence in the region, don't make me laught.. i know they have an edge at Percapita nominal but with our economic size and growth rate, we will catching in no time.
u know what Papua New Guinea have GDP growth rate at nearly 20 % and nobody say they will be an economic superpower soon because their economy size :P

Most important who will enjoy and own your assets? As far as I know, currently, almost 80% of your assets are owned and controlled by Chinese and/or foreigners ... Meanwhile the majority of your people get nothing ..:crazy:
where u get that number pal.:crazy:

this is from the economist
The economic clout of Chinese Indonesians is also a matter of dispute. A much-quoted but spurious statistic contends that they control 70% of the economy. Chinese Indonesians do own many of the biggest and most prominent conglomerates, several of which profited greatly from Mr Suharto's largesse before and during the Asian financial crisis of the late 1990s. But in some provinces, such as West Kalimantan, there are many poor Chinese farmers.
this is from BUSINESSWORLD (PHILIPPINES)
According to Mr. Aditjondro, the myth - that the Chinese constitute only 3.5% of the population, but control 70% of Indonesia's economy - "has been repeated and repeated so often now by the world press, that everybody - including those sympathetic to the plight of Chinese Indonesians - seem to believe it."

btw they are not Chinese they are Indonesian who happen to be Chinese ethnic like other hundred Indonesian ethnicities. Indonesia is not Malaysia bro everybody has equal rights :-) and if what u say is right that they controlled the large portion of our economy it's because they deserve it cuz they work very hard.

sorry i cant give u link from those article cuz i cant post link yet just google the bold part ok :coffee:

Last edited:
Indonesia, with more than $900 Billion economic size is running quite ok with 5% annual growth, yet we are still eyeing 7% growth in the end of 2019. With the new economic team and sound economic policy we are confident to achieve that goal.

7% growth for a country like BD with a very huge population size, and less than 200 Billion economy is actually not enough to push any real changes that can propel them to move on to the next development stage.

Just like my friend said, New Guinea grow over 20% annually, yet they are on the brink of collapse and bankruptcy. That's becuse their economic footprint is tiny, almost negligible. High growth bring almost nothing to the table for them.

Indonesia had experienced a very high growth rate for dozens of years, and we get a decent growth around 6 to 5 percent in the last 10 years. The reason why we see low development index in some field is because we heve so many remote areas that are still underdeveloped.

Indonesia is a very big nation, the largest archipelagic country in the world with more than 17.000 islands. This condition is our gift but also our challange. We can't compare Indonesia with teeny tiny country like BD or Mal-asia that doesn't share similar challange and problem.

indonesia-location-on-the-asia-map.jpg

All in all we are very optimistic that Indonesia can move to the next development stage and become the top 7 largest economy in the world under 15years period.

Let's cheer for Indonesia :cheers:

Last edited:
these bangladeshes are so funny haha Bangladesh is like 40 years behind of Indonesia and Bangladesh is a small overpopulated poor country

even our second city Surabaya looks better and more developed than Dhaka
13391216_259714991053392_1648148118_n.jpg

Last edited:
Please explain to us more detail of your rational arguments .. How can you achieve your goal to be the 7th largest economy in 2030? :-)

liberalization in trade, decentralization in economic opportunities in rural region, combating corruption, keep the politic stable, prevent any terrorism threat to become reality, implement universal healthcare programme, give more money to education sector and so on.

BTW

@Nilgiri

you will enjoying the discussion too

even our second city Surabaya looks better and more developed than Dhaka.

It's hard to compare Dhaka with Surabaya. They have comparable population size with Jakarta, but with only half the size of the area. I can't imagine how difficult to manage this city.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom