What's new

Indonesia passes criminal code banning sex outside marriage

Good luck enforcing it
As with all morality laws based on religion it will only ever be used by the elite class to oppress the lower classes and the odd time as a political tool against another elite.
It will never apply in totality against the elites.

As with all morality laws based on religion it will only ever be used by the elite class to oppress the lower classes and the odd time as a political tool against another elite.
It will never apply in totality against the elites.

Well of course.. the elites and the big wigs will still party and fornicate like there's no tomorrow

Well of course.. the elites and the big wigs will still party and fornicate like there's no tomorrow
the clergy has always been cu*ks for the elites.
Both have a vested interest in controlling the masses for their own benefit.

Good move. All Muslim countries should do this.
Sex outside of marriage is haram in Islam.

For the libgandus, don’t quote me.

Muslim countries should be ruled by the law of Allah only. Those resisting against it will lose. The law of Allah will be spread everywhere before the day of judgement.

Good news actually!

But there's a big flaw if there's no virginity check before marriage.

It's like there is mountainous evidence that you killed someone, but you are allowed to be free just because no policeman saw you when you executed the murder.

To be honest, from my observation, there are still many good young people, but today is the crossroad between traditional culture and free-sex culture.

If we don't do something right now to prevent it, it will destroy our future generations.

The West is already proving how bad the free sex and feminism are, and we want to go in that direction??? Destroying our community and future generation?

Nope!

The law is passed at the right time, or perhaps a bit too late in my opinion (late around 1-3 decades!).

Good news actually!

But there's a big flaw if there's no virginity check before marriage.

It's like there is mountainous evidence that you killed someone, but you are allowed to be free just because no policeman saw you when you executed the murder.

To be honest, from my observation, there are still many good young people, but today is the crossroad between traditional culture and free-sex culture.

If we don't do something right now to prevent it, it will destroy our future generations.

The West is already proving how bad the free sex and feminism are, and we want to go in that direction??? Destroying our community and future generation?

Nope!

The law is passed at the right time, or perhaps a bit too late in my opinion (late around 1-3 decades!).

The West is now even saying murderer and rapist are good and compassion must be given -- to the point that giving them a free paycheck every month when entire community shunned them, refusing them a job.

Why not allow people to live their lives without the state shoving it's nose into people private affairs ?

~
Your country was created just 70 years ago. If it was a 2500-year centralized state like China, you might understand.

State management is complicated, not the work for everyone, especially for the un- or poorly educated ones.

Anyway i do not agree with such moves of Indonesian government, but that is their country.

Last edited:
Why not allow people to live their lives without the state shoving it's nose into people private affairs ?

~

Except the state is not shoving its nose into people private affairs. Have you even read the complete sentence of the new law? State only intervenes on behalf of the parents or spouse e.g. only if the parents or spouse get the state involved will the state get involved. Meaning the police does not have the authority to walk down the street, bang on people's doors, and start enforcing this law.

There is something that the news didn't tell us. That the law is categorized as "Delik Aduan" or applied on report by the legal partner (husband/wife) or the parents of one participants.

So the Police can't strike a hotel to arrest those unmarried sex participants, or a neighbor report to the police for an orgy party in the neighborhood. Because this law supposed to protect the marriage legality. Of course, also to help parents to protect their children from sexual predators.

But as long as there is no husband / wife get harmed by the sexual relation or parents who feel that their children are in danger for the sexual relationship, nobody care about any sexual relation between two unmarried couples.
You forget Indonesia has already has adultery law like anti protistution and anti **** law as well. There are many have already been brought to jail, including sex party among gay.

This law is additional law regarding the same issue which is free sex. So we have already had several law that can be imposed to tackle this issue

Good luck enforcing it

Enforcing it is not really the main theme here. The main thing is that we uphold on our own values, not tolerating ourselves to be corrupted by Western value. Adding it into the law shows our opposition to Western values.

This protest coming from Westerners and anyone hold the same principle with them like some of our activist will likely face strong opposition from large majority of Indonesian as well.

I dont see Indonesians will be back down, both the society and the leaders. This law is backed by all political parties. I would suggest honeymoon between Indonesia and the West that comes from the same geopolitical interest over SCS issue and West vs China power games will likely be cracking over this issue if the West keep questioning our own value. That is my calculation.

Enforcing it is not really the main theme here. The main thing is that we uphold on our own values, not tolerating ourselves to be corrupted by Western value. Adding it into the law shows our opposition to Western values.

This protest coming from Westerners and anyone hold the same principle with them like some of our activist will likely face strong opposition from large majority of Indonesian as well.

I dont see Indonesians will be back down, both the society and the leaders. This law is backed by all political parties. I would suggest honeymoon between Indonesia and the West that comes from the same geopolitical interest over SCS issue and West vs China power games will likely be cracking over this issue if the West keep questioning our own value. That is my calculation.

This law send a strong signal to those immoral people, not to go too far. In the past, they can organized wife swapping, orgy. Today they can only do so on a high risk. A aggrieved spouse can just go roof top and accuse the other party of fking outside marriage, and this person go jail.

Protection of marriage is supported by most people in society. Only the elites in most countries are pushing for free fk. Most peasants abhors the elites in such topic,

Last edited:
This law send a strong signal to those immoral people, not to go too far. In the past, they can organized wife swapping, orgy. Today they can only do so on a high risk. A aggrieved spouse can just go roof top and accuse the other party of fking outside marriage, and this person go jail.

I dont upset on this new condition.

Geopolitically speaking. Current foreign policy that suggest Indonesia should be neutral on power games between US and The West vs China has already right and will likely get more support from the elites from this moment.

Those who wants Indonesia buy F 15 EX will likely get more hurdles to realize the plan. This is the likely impact related to defense procurement in my opinion. The crack between The West and Indonesia could possibly start at this moment I would say.

We will likely be still friend, but for Indonesia we will likely be more cautious friend than before, I mean we are once upon a time have already gotten US and EU weapon embargo even though we never conduct any nuclear test like Pakistan and India or showing seriousness in acquiring nuclear weapon like Iran.

Enforcing it is not really the main theme here. The main thing is that we uphold on our own values, not tolerating ourselves to be corrupted by Western value. Adding it into the law shows our opposition to Western values

No one stopping you from upholding your values in your private life.

What you want is , to enforce your values on others in your society , who may not share the same values.

I don't know how many of those are in Indonesia , But even a small minority wishes , should not be crushed by the majority. Democracy is not the dictatorship of the majority over the minority.

The will of a person is his dignity , respect other other's wishes and your wishes too , will be respected .

9e2af9b89548620bd0d1be4922226cfd

~

Last edited:
No one stopping you from upholding your values in your private life.

What you want is , to enforce your values on others in your society , who may not share the same values.

I don't know how many of those are in Indonesia , But even a small minority wishes , should not be crushed by the majority. Democracy is not the dictatorship of the majority over the minority.

The will of a person is his dignity , respect other other's wishes and your wishes too , will be respected .

9e2af9b89548620bd0d1be4922226cfd

~

Who is this minority here in this case?

And speaking about minority, isn't this a bit rich coming from an Israeli with its Israel Lands Law, residency stripping law aimed at non Jewish, and so much more? Democracy is not dictatorship of the majority over minority you said, yeah?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom