What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

Turks U214, DSME 2000, TKMS U214 or maybe U218?, DCNS scorpene that's the potential contender for our next submarine needs and for cakra class replacer maybe.

IFV is being bagged by Russian with their BT3F and BMP
Kinda confused right there knowing bt-3f going to replace btr-50 fleet, marines IFV tender and btr 4m replacer is another different procurement AFAIK. Plus we dont know yet which one going to replace pt 76 fleet is it bmp? I heard marines want sprut to replace it, but no decision have been made yet.

Turks U214, DSME 2000, TKMS U214 or maybe U218?, DCNS scorpene that's the potential contender for our next submarine needs and for cakra class replacer maybe.

Kinda confused right there knowing bt-3f going to replace btr-50 fleet, marines IFV tender and btr 4m replacer is another different procurement AFAIK. Plus we dont know yet which one going to replace pt 76 fleet is it bmp? I heard marines want sprut to replace it, but no decision have been made yet.
Marines' armored vehicles will be dominated by models that shares BMP-3's spare parts, namely BT-3F and perhaps Sprut. Anyway, i don't really get why the Marines are so obsessed with "Eastern" weaponry, even latest small arms purchases have them buying from the like of Ukraine, Poland and Czech Republic, not even mentioning all the "langganan Rusia" thing.

Marines' armored vehicles will be dominated by models that shares BMP-3's spare parts, namely BT-3F and perhaps Sprut. Anyway, i don't really get why the Marines are so obsessed with "Eastern" weaponry, even latest small arms purchases have them buying from the like of Ukraine, Poland and Czech Republic, not even mentioning all the "langganan Rusia" thing.

Though, their doctrine and training methods is actually copy cat of US marines Corps concept even their perpetual position as defender of constitution and republic (presiden)

INDONESIA
‘UNDOCKING’ KRI BONTANG – 907 (PHOTO)
2 NOVEMBER 2019 DIANEKO_LC 1 KOMENTAR

Undocking KRI Bontang – 907 (Youtube)

KRI Bontang – 907 merupakan kapal jenis Bantu Cair Minyak (BCM) ke-3 milik TNI AL. Kapal ini masih dalam tahap penyempurnaan di Galangan Kapal Batamec Batam.

Undocking KRI Bontang – 907 (Youtube)

Kapal jenis BCM ini memiliki panjang 123,50 meter, lebar 16,50 meter dan kapasitas muat minyak 5.500 meter kubik serta memiliki kecepatan jelajah 18 knot.

Editor: (D.E.S)

403-404-405 all are in active services, they are fit and had done their mission

Dont made assumpshit based on Kabar manuk

On another rants

Look like Pinoy at maxdefense started to get besar kepala and starting to saying they have the best ability among asean, without looking at other countries like Indonesia, Singapore, Thailand and Malaysia . Very lol, to me, even their Air Forces doesnt had credible fighter till now, and only begging for more donation literally and actually.

IFV is being bagged by Russian with their BT3F and BMP 3F,

South Korean DSME designing DSME 2000 not for their Navy who clearly had ordered kssiii made by Hyundai shipyard to replace Chang Bo go class, but for the requirement of a particular country in the South.
Excuse me sir but which assumshit that I made?

About Pinoy, they just get excited with what the have or will have after decades.
Wait untill they get their brahmos hahahaha

Indonesia plans to buy two squadrons of F-16s, but also Su-35s

• 01 NOVEMBER, 2019
  • SOURCE: FLIGHTGLOBAL.COM
  • BY: GARRETT REIM
  • LOS ANGELES

The Indonesian air force plans to buy two squadrons of Lockheed Martin F-16 Block 72 Viper fighters, while also following through on its plan to purchase a squadron of Russian’s Sukhoi Su-35s.

Jakarta plans to make the formal request for the aircraft on 1 January 2020, Marshal Yuyu Sutisna, air force chief of staff, said to local news agency Antara on 28 October.

"Insya Allah (God willing), we will buy two squadrons in the next strategic plan 2020 to 2024. We will purchase the newest type of Block 72 Viper,” he says. "The fact that several countries use them, and their number is large means they have very good reliability."

Indonesia already operates 33 examples of the F-16, Sutisna says.

getasset.aspx

Rendering of F-16 Block 70 aircraft for the Royal Bahraini Air Force

Lockheed Martin

The Block 72 is the latest variant of the F-16. It comes with conformal fuel tanks and structural upgrades, which extend the life of the aircraft up to 12,000h – 50% more than previous production examples of the F-16, says Lockheed Martin.

The aircraft also comes with improved electronics, including an active electronically scanned array radar, a new avionics architecture, an advanced datalink, targeting pod and the Automatic Ground Collision Avoidance System.

Lockheed Martin believes its backlog of 30 orders for the F-16 could more than triple based on demand from Middle Eastern and Asian countries, the company said on its 22 October earnings call.

Despite plans to buy US-made aircaft, Indonesia will also buy Russian-made Sukhoi Su-35s fighters in the next five years, says Sutisna. In August 2017, Jakarta said it would buy 11 Su-35s for $1.14 billion; a cash and barter deal that would likely include a mix of local farm products such as palm oil and coffee.

However, Indonesia’s interest in buying Su-35 fighters looked weakened after the imposition of US sanctions on Russia in 2017, said Victor Kladov, director of international cooperation and regional policy for Rostec, the Russian-government owned holding company which controls Sukhoi’s parent company United Aircraft Corporation. He made his comments at the MAKS air show in August in Moscow.

“We feel like some nations are more cautious,” says Kladov. “For instance, yesterday I talked to the Indonesian chief of the air force and he mentioned CAATSA, the US law. From what he says, I understand they receive threats. They are dependent not just on Russian equipment, they are dependent on a large part of US-made equipment. If as a punishment measure, let’s say, American manufacturers stop supplying spares, stop supporting American-made equipment, then there will be a breach in security in national defence in Indonesia. So, they are very cautious.”

In addition to its 33 F-16s, the Indonesian air force operates five Su-27s and 11 Su-30MKs, according to Cirium’s fleet analyser.

Operating a mixed fleet of aircraft from Russia and the United States helps Indonesia diplomatically play the two countries off of each other, while hedging Jakarta’s reliance on any one supplier.

However, mixed fleets are more difficult to maintain because fewer aircraft share parts and service personnel. Mis-matched aircraft also do not come with the same radios and data-sharing networks making cooperation in flight more difficult

If I have to bet, I put my money to (still of course) 209/1400 class by PT PAL. The same class of others in service right now. Maybe a bit modification but basicly the same design. Because the only tools they have (and invested triliunan rupiah) is for that design.
Kalo kalah, sia2 lah uang yang ditanam di sana hehehehee.

If I have to bet, I put my money to (still of course) 209/1400 class by PT PAL. The same class of others in service right now. Maybe a bit modification but basicly the same design. Because the only tools they have (and invested triliunan rupiah) is for that design.
Kalo kalah, sia2 lah uang yang ditanam di sana hehehehee.
I read an article that the next batch of subs will be a new type. Forgot the link though...too lazy to search.

SAMARINDA
Sabtu, 02 November 2019 14:37
Amankan Ibukota, Yonif 611 Awang Long Latihan Pertempuran Kota

c16741496c197914512ff02f853c2c89.jpg

Aksi prajurit Yonif 611 Awang Long

PROKAL.CO, PROKAL.CO, SAMARINDA - Sebanyak 50 prajurit Yonif 611/Awang Long (Awl) mengikuti latihan Pertempuran Kota (Pur Kota) di Perum Citra Grand Senyiur City Jl Moeis Hasan, Simpang Tiga Loa Janan Ilir, Kota Samarinda, Kalimantan Timur, Sabtu, (2/11/2019).

Selama latihan, prajurit dengan perlengkapan senjata laras panjang dan kendaraan Anoa harus sigap masuk ke daerah musuh. Dengan hitungan waktu sekejap, prajurit harus cepat membebaskan sandera dari tangan teroris.

Danyonif 611/Awang Long Letkol Inf Arfan Affandi mengatakan latihan ini bertujuan agar setiap prajurit mampu menghadapi segala rintangan ditambah dengan kondisi wilayah Samarinda yang mayoritas daerah perkotaan harus menguasai setiap taktik dan teknik pertempuran kota.

"Karena pada saat ini Yonif 611/Awang Long sebagai pasukan pemukul harus siap gerak dalam situasi dan kondisi apapun sesuai dengan perintah yang diberikan oleh Komando atas," jelas Affandi dalam rilisnya. Kegiatan ini bertujuan untuk memelihara dan meningkatkan kemampuan Prajurit agar mampu melaksanakan Pertempuran Kota dalam Operasi Lawan Insurjen.

Disamping itu juga meningkatkan kualitas dan kemampuan setiap Prajurit dalam mengantisipasi terjadinya perkembangan situasi di Kalimatan Timur khususnya di wilayah Samarinda dan Penajam Paser Utara calon Ibu Kota Negara. (mym)

M113 still the best bang for bucks for any basic tracked type APC, still hoping to adding more M113 to reinforce any mechanized infantry brigade in Indonesia especially at jungle terrain like in Kalimantan and adding more ANOA to support the arrangement of Army armored wheeled vehicles.

M113 still the best bang for bucks for any basic tracked type APC, still hoping to adding more M113 to reinforce any mechanized infantry brigade in Indonesia especially at jungle terrain like in Kalimantan and adding more ANOA to support the arrangement of Army armored wheeled vehicles.
Apparently "that guy" said that M113 of our inventory have a very bad maintenance problems to the point where they were rejected from service in the Cavalry and moved to Mechanized Infantry instead. Ofc i'm just simply quoting him and is in no capacity to confirm it.

(This is my very own opinion correct me if I'm wrong please) seeing another country like australia,NZ replacing their m113 with something more modern ones why we didn't do such thing? I think we can use black tiger chassis into many variants just like what russian did with their bmp chassis

https://www.indomiliter.com/ad-australia-dan-bae-systems-garap-proyek-m113-dengan-teknologi-otonom
Mungkin bisa jadi rujukan nantinya buat m113 sini atau kayak SG dibikin versi mobile AD nya and of course with brand new fresh technology if we capable enough like what st kinetics did with ultra IFV

(This is my very own opinion correct me if I'm wrong please) seeing another country like australia,NZ replacing their m113 with something more modern ones why we didn't do such thing? I think we can use black tiger chassis into many variants just like what russian did with their bmp chassis

https://www.indomiliter.com/ad-australia-dan-bae-systems-garap-proyek-m113-dengan-teknologi-otonom
Mungkin bisa jadi rujukan nantinya buat m113 sini atau kayak SG dibikin versi mobile AD nya and of course with brand new fresh technology if we capable enough like what st kinetics did with ultra IFV

It just if we want to do something like them it will require a big massif funds, Land phase 400 from australia require funds as much as 10-15 billion US dollar as example , in which i vehemently against it. If we can provide such funds much better to allocated such big budget for Airforce and Navy to acquire more fighter and warships in regard for our country geography as Archipelagic country . To me the Army is should be contend with second tier armaments (like Caesar, M109,M113,Leopard 2, Astros, Anoa, Pandur and such) but do that in massive number to compensate the quality and maintaining the edge with their quality tactical and strategic weapons such as land based cruise missiles, land based AAM system, attack helicopter and assault helicopter .

Iinm Pindad is developing Tracked APC/IFV variants based from the Harimau Medium Tank.

Looking at the ig pic above looks like it will be modular.

Back
Top Bottom