What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

ga perlu lebay ach mas. Teroris ilmu fieldcraft-nya udah lebih handal daripada mayoritas posters disini.

DN - DEFENCE NOTES
$111 billion being spent globally on transport and tanker aircraft over next decade
1st November 2019 - 09:33 GMT | by Ilker Aktaşoğlu in London

RSS
SAVE THIS FOR LATER

The global market for tactical airlift, strategic transports and tanker aircraft is expected to reach $111 billion over the next ten years, according to new research by Defence Insight.

With a number of large programmes in full-rate production the Military Aircraft Market Report and Forecast projects spending to be broadly flat between 2019 to 2023, only to drop afterwards.

The key driver behind this is the conclusion of V-22 programme, procurement of which will begin to wind down from 2023 in advance of completion in 2026 unless Boeing is able to find another export customer for the platform.

Another factor at work is the extraordinary longevity of modern transport aircraft, typified by the C-130J. Lockheed Martin’s workhorse is baselined for a thirty-year service life, but with upgrades and service life extensions it can remain operational for considerably longer.

The USAF, for example, expects its C-130J fleet – first introduced in 1999 - to last until 2056. Once in service, these aircraft don’t need to be replaced for a long time.

The US is the largest market with cumulative spending of $48.9 billion over the forecast period across the KC-46A, V-22, C/KC-130J and VC-25B (Air Force One) programmes. The KC-46A programme itself has an awarded value of $15 billion, with potentially another $13 billion for follow-on aircraft from 2025.

A new entrant to the market is Embraer’s KC-390, which has entered service with Brazil and found success with Portugal, but faces stiff competition from Leonardo’s C-27J and Airbus C-295 as well the C-130J and A400M.

In Europe there are long-standing projects to upgrade transport and refuelling capabilities through the A400M and A330 MRTT projects, but the C-130 is also in use with a number of countries. These projects are expected to see final deliveries in the 2020s and move into sustainment and upgrade.

There are as-yet unawarded programmes in Poland and Hungary, with both expected to be fiercely competed.

In terms of future opportunities, Canada’s Strategic Tanker Transport Capability programme, which aims to replace the country’s existing fleet of CC-150 Polaris aircraft is one of the most significant.

The programme has a maximum value of $3.7 billion and will replace the existing fleet capability, including strategic airlift, air-to-air refuelling, aeromedical evacuations and strategic Government of Canada transport. The definition phase is expected to start by 2022 with deliveries planned between 2028 and 2031.

Canada also has a need for a new aircraft to replace its current fleet of CC-138 Twin Otters, although it is an order of magnitude smaller, with an estimated maximum cost of $379 million. These aircraft will be expected to be able to conduct utility airlift operations, maintenance and training in the country’s northern region.

In Asia Pacific, Indonesia has a requirement for a large transport aircraft to replace order variants of the C-130 which are reaching the end of their service lives.

The A400M was initially thought to be the front runner and the Indonesian House of Representatives greenlighted the acquisition proposal in mid-January 2017.

However, no contract has emerged and it appears the process has stalled. In October 2019 it was reported that the government of Indonesia had discussed acquisition of C-130J aircraft with US, suggesting that the competition was still open.
https://www.shephardmedia.com/news/defence-notes/111-billion-being-spent-globally-transport-and-tan/

oerlikon-revolver-gun-mk3-shephard-media.jpg

GLOBAL
“PELANGGAN INTERNASIONAL” PESAN SISTEM PERTAHANAN UDARA RHEINMETALL
2 NOVEMBER 2019 DIANEKO_LC TINGGALKAN KOMENTAR
Rheinmetall memenangkan pesanan dari pelanggan internasional untuk sistem pertahanan udara canggih. Nilai kontrak resmi tersebut sekitar € 210 juta. Pengiriman akan selesai pada tahun 2022.

Pesanan tersebut meliputi Skymaster command and control system, radar X-TAR 3D, meriam otomatis Oerlikon Revolver Gun MK3 serta paket amunisi yang mencakup airburst-capable AHEAD round, sebagaimana dilansir dari laman Air Recognition (31/ 10/ 2019).

Suku cadang, dokumentasi teknis, dan dukungan layanan melengkapi pesanan.

Sebagai pemasok terkemuka dunia dari solusi pertahanan udara berbasis darat yang komprehensif, Rheinmetall menggabungkan semua sensor, efektor, platform, dan aset C4I yang relevan di seluruh jaringan.

Hal ini menghasilkan sistem pertahanan udara berbasis darat yang sangat efektif dan dapat dikonfigurasi secara modular, yang menjamin fleksibilitas operasional maksimum di seluruh spektrum misi militer.

Photo: Oerlikon Revolver Gun Mk3 (Shephard Media)

Editor: (D.E.S)

Is it us?

oerlikon-revolver-gun-mk3-shephard-media.jpg

GLOBAL
“PELANGGAN INTERNASIONAL” PESAN SISTEM PERTAHANAN UDARA RHEINMETALL
Rheinmetall memenangkan pesanan dari pelanggan internasional untuk sistem pertahanan udara canggih. Nilai kontrak resmi tersebut sekitar € 210 juta. Pengiriman akan selesai pada tahun 2022.

Pesanan tersebut meliputi Skymaster command and control system, radar X-TAR 3D, meriam otomatis Oerlikon Revolver Gun MK3 serta paket amunisi yang mencakup airburst-capable AHEAD round, sebagaimana dilansir dari laman Air Recognition (31/ 10/ 2019).

Suku cadang, dokumentasi teknis, dan dukungan layanan melengkapi pesanan.

Sebagai pemasok terkemuka dunia dari solusi pertahanan udara berbasis darat yang komprehensif, Rheinmetall menggabungkan semua sensor, efektor, platform, dan aset C4I yang relevan di seluruh jaringan.

Hal ini menghasilkan sistem pertahanan udara berbasis darat yang sangat efektif dan dapat dikonfigurasi secara modular, yang menjamin fleksibilitas operasional maksimum di seluruh spektrum misi militer.

Photo: Oerlikon Revolver Gun Mk3 (Shephard Media)

Editor: (D.E.S)

Is it us?
there's also thailand who use skyguard , but it could be ours too .

https://www.indomiliter.com/syaratk...si-pengadaan-50-unit-ifv-untuk-korps-marinir/
I was confused about this project and til now there's no other news about this? does anyone know about this project? did the MoD really serious about this project?

Also Got A Good Rumor from my friend in PAL, it would be possible for DSME to compete it's 2000 ton export subs design for Indonesian navy later in the future to compete against existing design as such the 214 that the turks offered us or maybe 214 that they built. but sub tender for future still in dark mode so I'm not sure IDN Navy will pick it up or not, but considering DSME had a close tie to indonesia, it would probably be huge contender in the future

Quick, spread this on facebook, let's stir up some conspiracy theories about the supposed KRI Nusantara

XD
Don't. Lol.
Or it will become something like what happened about bla... bla... indonesian submarine hidden in Brunei, jet fighter hidden in brunei bla... bla... this one would be 'Indonesian aircraft carrier hidden from public knowledge, it have F35!'.
Don't feed the jamaah kecubung.

Last edited:
Don't. Lol.
Or it will become something like happened about bla... bla... indonesian submarine hidden in Brunei, jet fighter hidden in brunei bla... bla... this one would be 'Indonesian aircraft carrier hidden from public knowledge, it have F35!'.
Don't feed the jamaah kecubung.
I remember that pic long time ago. So some people will recon that but I believe many will get 'pancingan'.

https://www.indomiliter.com/syaratk...si-pengadaan-50-unit-ifv-untuk-korps-marinir/
I was confused about this project and til now there's no other news about this? does anyone know about this project? did the MoD really serious about this project?

Also Got A Good Rumor from my friend in PAL, it would be possible for DSME to compete it's 2000 ton export subs design for Indonesian navy later in the future to compete against existing design as such the 214 that the turks offered us or maybe 214 that they built. but sub tender for future still in dark mode so I'm not sure IDN Navy will pick it up or not, but considering DSME had a close tie to indonesia, it would probably be huge contender in the future
For sure DSME will submit their design for next KS tender. But the winner will be PT. PAL 1400 ton class KS. This country has invested heavily on it. Who else should buy if not TNI AL? Welcome to the dark side of ToT/buat sendiri.
Sooo while other countries subs can launched and have land attack cruise missile as deterrent factor, TNI AL should accept their subs can't on par with others.
Btw, apa kabar 403-405? Heard news there are not fit until now and ordering for second batch.

There's A Chances At Least From Other Countries to resume future KS plan, i believe that it would be on the 9th sub and more cuz PAL planned to built the 209 until the 8th sub. cuz we're already seen the contract about 4th till 6th sub now.i would expect AIP soon after 209 finished at least. but if PAL can compete with it's own design that surely better than the other contenders, I'm pretty much sure it would be the next 9th til 10th/12th maybe. I wouldn't expect more since the President ordered the MoD not to import another tools when the countries itself could build it by itself. bout the 403-5 they should be fit with everything that AL had. since it supposed to have 'Submarine launched AshM' Capabilities too.

I remember that pic long time ago. So some people will recon that but I believe many will get 'pancingan'.

For sure DSME will submit their design for next KS tender. But the winner will be PT. PAL 1400 ton class KS. This country has invested heavily on it. Who else should buy if not TNI AL? Welcome to the dark side of ToT/buat sendiri.
Sooo while other countries subs can launched and have land attack cruise missile as deterrent factor, TNI AL should accept their subs can't on par with others.
Btw, apa kabar 403-405? Heard news there are not fit until now and ordering for second batch.

403-404-405 all are in active services, they are fit and had done their mission

Dont made assumpshit based on Kabar manuk

On another rants

Look like Pinoy at maxdefense started to get besar kepala and starting to saying they have the best ability among asean, without looking at other countries like Indonesia, Singapore, Thailand and Malaysia . Very lol, to me, even their Air Forces doesnt had credible fighter till now, and only begging for more donation literally and actually.

IFV is being bagged by Russian with their BT3F and BMP 3F,

South Korean DSME designing DSME 2000 not for their Navy who clearly had ordered kssiii made by Hyundai shipyard to replace Chang Bo go class, but for the requirement of a particular country in the South.

I'm pretty much curious about the future of MBT in our AD, since pretty much 42 of our leo 2 still not been upgraded with revo package. and i wouldn't expect anytime soon for all leo 2 to have 'semua paket revo terpasang' until the Harimau Filled All The Battalion. btw I'm also curious if Indonesia will procure another MBT soon, I'm hoping either the newer Abrams Or Leo 2 come in the future for our armored cavalry.

On another rants

Look like Pinoy at maxdefense started to get besar kepala and starting to saying they have the best ability among asean, without looking at other countries like Indonesia, Singapore, Thailand and Malaysia . Very lol, to me, even their Air Forces doesnt had credible fighter till now, and only begging for more donation literally and actually.

IFV is being bagged by Russian with their BT3F and BMP 3F,

South Korean DSME designing DSME 2000 not for their Navy who clearly had ordered kssiii made by Hyundai shipyard to replace Chang Bo go class, but for the requirement of a particular country in the South.

Even They Only Had 2 Attack Helo Which Is Basically A Donation From Jordan Lol. And I Heard The Phils Are Trying Hard To Find Supplier For Spareparts And MRO Facilities.

And Yeah Basically BMP-3 Took the spot but I'm not sure about the BMP took the spot on that project because it seems different, and MoD basically tried to make another Pandur Deal But With Marine As The Tools

Cleary That DSME 2000 100% Will be the contender in the future

Back
Top Bottom