What's new

India's patience exhausted, won't allow Pak investigators inside Pathankot airbase: Manohar Parrikar

All terrorists were killed within 30 hours, the reamaining period (a day or so) consisted of methodically clearing every square inch of the base to ensure all terrorists were actually dead and making safe the live ordinance. The operation was directed by the NSG and the NSG's Force Commander alone had the authority to declare the operation over after the extnesive "render safe" drill had been carried out- this is NSG SOP and I can't fault it.

I don't know what's "pathetic" about it? The Indian forces wanted to be meticulous and ensure there was no collateral damage.

The scoreboard doesn't lie- 0 civlian deaths (or even casulaties) and 0 damage to strategic assets (as was the goal of the terrorists).

This isn't sugar coating, merely presenting the facts- if that is too hard for you to swallow that is your problem.

@PARIKRAMA @Echo_419 @mkb95 @Vauban @Levina @Kinetic

I was following the Operation very closely as well, the last Terrorist was killed somewhere between 50 and 60 hrs time frame, Stop fooling yourself.

I have great respect for Soldiers be it Indian Army or My Own, and I know the training of NSG is world class, but their performance was nothing short of pathetic this time, whether you like it or not, no matter from which angle you try to spin it from, it will remain the same.

before the people jump the gun here, more details would be welcome. Why would a Country open up a forward airbase to another country - specially Pakistan - against whom the airbase was installed in the first place?

Also, There is a lot of interest in this side of the world to see the talks between the two countries to continue and so far there has been no news to suggest that the talks have been stalled. This report looks more like a news reporter jingoism.

this is what DM MP has said

ANI ‏@ANI_news 7h7 hours ago
Sehne ki kshamta jo desh ki thi vo ab khatam ho gyi hai,kuch na kuch zarur karenge-Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar

CY03qwMUwAA6YPc.png

In english it means Patience levels have reached saturation point for the country, something will be done..

Can anyone post me a link or from say ANI/AFP/PTI tweets or a report saying DM MP said that...what zee news is claiming

I think DM MP has not made any such comments

Zee news article is quoted as source in every news channels.. Look at a google search.. you will know what i am saying..
No where he said No to pakistan investigators or in 1 year nonsense

@Abingdonboy

Typical master like attitude which causes failure.
he has no knowledge about human behaviour. This is exactly not the way to do it. The majority want to punish any Pakistani if found involved but when you hear talk like this then people react in opposite way.

his threat: Pakistan should co-operate or we will try to eliminate all terrorist within a week next time an incident happens inside India and will will tell you within 5 days how many terrorists are there....dont test our courage, we have it just dont know where

All terrorists were killed within 30 hours, the reamaining period (a day or so) consisted of methodically clearing every square inch of the base to ensure all terrorists were actually dead and making safe the live ordinance. The operation was directed by the NSG and the NSG's Force Commander alone had the authority to declare the operation over after the extnesive "render safe" drill had been carried out- this is NSG SOP and I can't fault it.

I don't know what's "pathetic" about it? The Indian forces wanted to be meticulous and ensure there was no collateral damage.

The scoreboard doesn't lie- 0 civlian deaths (or even casulaties) and 0 damage to strategic assets (as was the goal of the terrorists).

This isn't sugar coating, merely presenting the facts- if that is too hard for you to swallow that is your problem.

@PARIKRAMA @Echo_419 @mkb95 @Vauban @Levina @Kinetic
@F.O.X
AFS has an area of about 25Km sq, which also includes family quarters and a school. The task of combing the area wasn't as easy as it looks from google earth.

I was following the Operation very closely as well, the last Terrorist was killed somewhere between 50 and 60 hrs time frame, Stop fooling yourself.

According to Mr. Parrikar, the flushing out part of the operation was over in 36 hours but the combing operation continued and is likely to stretch for a few day.
Pathankot attack: Defence Minister Parrikar admits to ‘some gaps’ - The Hindu

All terrorists killed within 30-36 hours but it was another 50 or so hours before the operationa was offcially declared over by the NSG force commander on the ground after an extensive "render safe" procedure- again this is SOP. Just like how the 72 hour figure for 26/11 is inaccurate for the same reasons (the fighting actually ended rather soon after the NSG arrived on the scene but the "render safe" drill took a lot longer).

I have great respect for Soldiers be it Indian Army or My Own, and I know the training of NSG is world class, but their performance was nothing short of pathetic this time, whether you like it or not, no matter from which angle you try to spin it from, it will remain the same.
"Pathetic"? No damage to strategic assets or civilian life and all terrorists killed. This is a successful op no matter how one tries to spin it.

this is what DM MP has said

ANI ‏@ANI_news 7h7 hours ago
Sehne ki kshamta jo desh ki thi vo ab khatam ho gyi hai,kuch na kuch zarur karenge-Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar

CY03qwMUwAA6YPc.png

In english it means Patience levels have reached saturation point for the country, something will be done..

Can anyone post me a link or from say ANI/AFP/PTI tweets or a report saying DM MP said that...what zee news is claiming

I think DM MP has not made any such comments

Zee news article is quoted as source in every news channels.. Look at a google search.. you will know what i am saying..
No where he said No to pakistan investigators or in 1 year nonsense

@Abingdonboy
Typical Indian media.

30 Hrs Really ? Come on Now .. it took you guys more than 72 Hrs to clear the Base ... 72 Freaking Hrs to Kill 6 Men. when they were not even in any sensitive area so that IA had to restrain from firing. You Blew up a Whole Block of Building to Kill One guy.

No matter How you Sugar Coat it the Performance was pathetic considering the Standards & Training of Indian Special Forces.

Jihadis have upgraded their modus operandi...I thought you would have figured it out after losing 60 - 70000 of your people and soldiers to your rebel jihadis??.

They use innovative ways...booby trap their dead buddy Jihadis to lying in wait for 2-3 days to exploding a secondary IED to take out the emergency response team that responds to a bomb blast...to strapping bombs to kids and women and corpses.

A complete swept of such a huge facility takes time...If you have to look into every nook and cranny for a potential hiding Jihadi rat.

Please don't forget Obama almost declared terror status, before arrests were made. Which was actually shocking :o:
Not sure how many had taken this seriously.

Arrests are made, not for nothing. Not without anything.

Let's wait for more news.

@F.O.X
AFS has an area of about 25Km sq, which also includes family quarters and a school. The task of combing the area wasn't as easy as it looks from google earth.

Clearance Operations can take time I know that, I was talking about your Special Forces Requiring 60 Hrs to Kill 6 Men, that is a pathetic performance for such a highly trained force.

Media has been deliberately misled this time.

Intended to confuse the enemies.

Clearance Operations can take time I know that, I was talking about your Special Forces Requiring 60 Hrs to Kill 6 Men, that is a pathetic performance for such a highly trained force.
That is an entirely inaccurate figure.

The Indian DM has said himself the time was almost half that.

Anyway, since when has "operation duration" been a metric of success in SOF missions? Mission success is defined by achieving the mission objectives, in this case the objectives were clear:

-Protect civlian life (thousands of family members were housed on the base)
-Secure strategic assets (the ultimate goal of the terrorists)
-Kill all terrorists

All three were acheived- the time taken to do so is rather irrelevent. In May 2011 did anyone care how long the Abbotobad mission took? The fact that the primary objective had been acheived(killing OBL) was what was the important factor and the main consideration.

Once the terrorists had been contained what was the rush in moving in to kill them? Indian CT doctrine is to try and wear down the enemy so as to capture them alive for intel purposes- where possible. Aside from the intial contact with the Garuds (which will always see the most casualties) and loss of life to a EOD tech no fatalities were suffered by the SFs (Garuds, PARA (SF) or NSG) and all the terrorists were killed.

So how is this a failed/pathetic op??

@Vauban sir, perhaps you can outline to our friend @F.O.X exactly what a mission objective is and what constitutes as military "success"

Last edited:
Than im afraid pak cant do anything

Why india act like this and put all blame on pak let pak do investigation with you why you are afraid because you are wrong

It is not what you said and we hang those culprits who did pathankot if they are in pak pak govt need sufficient evidance why dont u support

If u cannot support than im sorry dear friends from india it is ur govt which is making small issues and dictation wont be taken by pak

Let give us evidance sufficent evidance not phone calls and sims are not sufficient evidance due to very easy to fabricate them

Back
Top Bottom