What's new

India's Mighty Su-30MKI Fighter Jets Have a Big Problem

Whos fault it is??

Russia's??

Nope.

We are still using the old al-31 series when even chinese have moved on to the improved one with 132 kn thrust.can anyone confirm this??

Are we using this?
View attachment 240237

Or this???

View attachment 240238

If we are still with al-31f simple or the first one then our air force and ministry is the most stupid one in this world.

Its a different series,al-31fn series 3 engine.A further upgradation of al-31f(series 42)m1
Al-31FP engines are manufactured at HAL koraput

I know that,,the point was why are we still making an outdated engine??
Maybe becuase the initial contract was for those engines...
I guess the new engines are being manufactured,which have FADEC.But i cannot confirm

Maybe becuase the initial contract was for those engines...
I guess the new engines are being manufactured,which have FADEC.But i cannot confirm

Nope.
Only 117s of su-35 , 117 of current pakfa and the future engine of pakfa have fadec.

Normal al-31 does not have fadec.

@he-man These are follow-on contracts to the original. When we bought the Su-30MKI there was no engine with FADEC available.Neither had it been tested. But, the contract provided an additional purchase clause. Had IAF asked for the FADEC version, there would have been a new contract, which would need to pass through a new process and due diligence. Also, when the contract for manufacturing in India was signed, I do not think the newer version was available.

The next contracts signed could have the newer version, IF the IAF asks for it.

Am sure @MilSpec can better address this query.

@he-man These are follow-on contracts to the original. When we bought the Su-30MKI there was no engine with FADEC available.Neither had it been tested. But, the contract provided an additional purchase clause. Had IAF asked for the FADEC version, there would have been a new contract, which would need to pass through a new process and due diligence. Also, when the contract for manufacturing in India was signed, I do not think the newer version was available.

The next contracts signed could have the newer version, IF the IAF asks for it.

Am sure @MilSpec can better address this query.

As i told,there is no fadec version of al-31 available to be had.
The only thing available is npo saturn 117s of su-35 but i am not sure if tht can be retrofitted to mki.

The only thing available is npo saturn 117s of su-35 but i am not sure if tht can be retrofitted to mki.

The upgrade of SU 30 MKI also includes An upgrade of the engine
FADEC will also be incorporated

Source TRISHUL: Super Su-30MKI: From Air Dominance To Air Supremacy

The AL-31FP, presently rated at 126kN with afterburning, will offer 20% more power when uprated by NPO Saturn—its manufacturer--and will have a total technical service life of 6,000 hours, instead of the present 2,000 hours. The uprated engine will also employ a larger diameter fan, redesigned key hot-end components and cooling system technologies to permit reduced thrust lapse rates with altitude, which in turn will permit supercruise flight regimes. Also to be incorporated into the uprated engine will be new-generation full-authority digital engine controls (FADEC) as well as all-axis thrust-vectoring nozzles (±15 degrees in the vertical plane and ±8 degrees in the horizontal plane, with deflection angle rates of up to 60 degrees per second).

SU 30 is very complicated machine. Remember when Russia took back all SU30 kits back to Russia and assemble and handover to India. Indian engineer failed to accomplished even simple task, comment by Russia engineer.

SU 30 is very complicated machine. Remember when Russia took back all SU30 kits back to Russia and assemble and handover to India. Indian engineer failed to accomplished even simple task, comment by Russia engineer.

Source please ??? is that like China sent kits of "Made in Pakistan jets" to PAC???

You missed the point entirely. You were cribbing why we are not manufacturing it. I just explained it.

Are you sure ? Because HAL has recently got OEM status for overhauling Su 30.It is the first organization outside Russia

That time is gone. Now everything happens in the HAL facility.

Its simple. When you do not have the blue prints of an operational system, you do not open it if you do not know how to fix it. Unless, you are going to reverse engineer it.

If I give chicken curry to a Russian and tell him to make it in half an hour, he wont be able to do it? Unless I give him the recipe. Does that mean Russians cannot cook?

Source please ??? is that like China sent kits of "Made in Pakistan jets" to PAC???
Yaar keep their super jets out of this thread. Warna this thread will go for a toss.

Back
Top Bottom