What's new

India's Mighty Su-30MKI Fighter Jets Have a Big Problem

Yeah the same ol' tactic.Got hurt,lets bring culture in between :lol:
na mate, lets leave the culture aside. But you are right about old tacts anyway, got beat have nothing positive to say so get back to calling names and trolling the thread? do i need to refer you to the post i am pointing at? :) perhaps not!

That is good for you dear that you are improving an already potent machine. There have been short comings, flaws and problems. Things that members here are very sensitive about and often are not open minded enough to argue with facts. Your post have been a rare exception, you can go through last four five pages and will see what i am saying. :)
I will however not go into that "the worlds best plane" debate again, we have all seen hoe FREQUENTLY that have changed going round and round in circles. :)

:) NEVER is a tall word, mind going through the last four five pages and see for yourself? MAY BE you will understand what i am saying.

However if we go by Indian logic, someday F16 can be the "worlds best place" again if that it what IAF is buying, going round and round in circles is what i am talking about.

I am not going into the technical specs, as mentioned earlier, different planes different roles. Different planes can be good in different roles, it is "THE best plane" title that is laughable. Again, i will have to say that i do not need to point you to hundred of posts related to this point, it is IMPORSSIBLE that you have not read them already so if you will want to understand and learn you will do it. If not, no number of proofs or facts can help you dear. :)

MUCH SUPERIOR nahi haan? :o:

:omghaha:
thing is MKI is to IAF what F16 is to PAF no matter how many IAF gets its not a bad option for going for more of them

but MKI is like "vazir/queen" of IAF if air battle is a chess game

but keeping it is in itself a very very big headache no denying it , actualli its with all russian wepons they are never perfect and have many teething problems which are ironed owt and they(IAF & its maintainence) take their own sweet time often for which is paid by indian tax payers money and lifes of owr rookie pilots who are forced to fly these machines

but then again the biggest trouble maker is media ...... critizism is good as it keeps high and mighty in their limits but too much of every thing is bad and indian media is doing just that and onli way to have less crtisism is to keep alert and ever ready

rest we can go on and on and on .... :coffee:

thing is MKI is to IAF what F16 is to PAF no matter how many IAF gets its not a bad option for going for more of them

but MKI is like "vazir/queen" of IAF if air battle is a chess game

but keeping it is in itself a very very big headache no denying it , actualli its with all russian wepons they are never perfect and have many teething problems which are ironed owt and they(IAF & its maintainence) take their own sweet time often for which is paid by indian tax payers money and lifes of owr rookie pilots who are forced to fly these machines

but then again the biggest trouble maker is media ...... critizism is good as it keeps high and mighty in their limits but too much of every thing is bad and indian media is doing just that and onli way to have less crtisism is to keep alert and ever ready

rest we can go on and on and on .... :coffee:
Perfectly understandable. Finally we get a sane post :)
I agree that the problem is, firstly with the Russian engines, secondly some lapses on the technicians and maintenance department. There is no debate on whether Su-30 is a potent aircraft or not, it sure is. The problem is keeping maximum number in air and sortie rate the reason of which you have mentioned quite accurately. So,, THANK YOU! :)

Now we need to analyses a country warplanes to the imaginations of bloggers and experts. These issues have been sorted out in late December and availability of su30 mki is 85% now. Any country who wish to feel lax and carefree that India has problems with its premier fighter can do so at there own peril...good luck

Very good if true.

BTW please provide source for the concerned part.

Very good if true.

BTW please provide source for the concerned part.

Availability of sukhoi was 60% last year and proposed to be increased by further 15% this year. This means additional 50 sukhoi strength with same number of sukhoi. or additional 3 squordens..

Well, the design philosophy behind the Flanker series is very different than the Mig21. Flankers came out of the need to counter American F-15s, just like the Mig29 came to counter the Mirage/Tornado/F-16s. While the Mig29 did have it's own issues, it still is not disposable.
Flanker is not a cheap aircraft, you don't build such a large aircraft as disposable.
Mig21 was simple in construction, that is why they built thousands of them, but not the same case with flankers.

And AWACS................

If the IAF is having issues with its flankers because of the engines, expecially given its a maintiance issue which should be the same across the family of engines pretty much then the PLAAFs J-11s and J-10s will or have had the same issue. Worse for a single engine fighter like J-10.

Whos fault it is??

Russia's??

Nope.

We are still using the old al-31 series when even chinese have moved on to the improved one with 132 kn thrust.can anyone confirm this??

Are we using this?
View attachment 240237

Or this???

View attachment 240238

If we are still with al-31f simple or the first one then our air force and ministry is the most stupid one in this world.

Its a different series,al-31fn series 3 engine.A further upgradation of al-31f(series 42)m1

The MKIs are powered by AL 31 FP.

Nope.
Only 117s of su-35 , 117 of current pakfa and the future engine of pakfa have fadec.

Normal al-31 does not have fadec.

Does 117 have 15000 KG thrust?

@he-man These are follow-on contracts to the original. When we bought the Su-30MKI there was no engine with FADEC available.Neither had it been tested. But, the contract provided an additional purchase clause. Had IAF asked for the FADEC version, there would have been a new contract, which would need to pass through a new process and due diligence. Also, when the contract for manufacturing in India was signed, I do not think the newer version was available.

The next contracts signed could have the newer version, IF the IAF asks for it.

Am sure @MilSpec can better address this query.

PKS has said years ago Super MKI will have new engine with 15000 KG thrust.

So if answer to my question is yes, Super MKI will be powered by 117.

I think what he has said will become true, because AESA and other equipment in MKI doesnt make sense without new, even more Powerful Engines.

It's over 200 jets of those Su-30? A Question.

Back
Top Bottom