What's new

India's civilian aircraft plan expected to get nod tomorrow

On 23 December 2010, it was announced that the Indian government had asked NAL to consider the use of turbofan engines on the RTA-70.[1] According to an NAL official, the use of a jet engine was seen as "a stepping stone to the high end" by the government.

wiki

I think the MTA is mainly built for the Militery purpose. where as the RTA is having less weight and use for low cost low maintainance and for better regional and military use.

And you think that our aviation industry can come up with a big airliner which can ferry hundreds of people ?! (I hope the thousand was a bad joke), You think that someone would use a wide body aircraft for regional flights?

The highest capacity jet airliner is the double deck Airbus 380 (manufactured by EADS (Airbus S.A.S.)), which first flew in Toulouse, France on 27 April 2005. Whilst it has a nominal seating capacity of 555 seats, it has a potential maximum seating capacity of 853 depending on the interior fuselage fit

Who would have thought of a passenger jet with this much carrying capacity few decades ago? Guess only visionary and creative minds!

"Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know it so it goes on flying anyway."

An idea that sounds bad today might add to science tomorrow! Imagination is very important, knowledge is good to have.

The highest capacity jet airliner is the double deck Airbus 380 (manufactured by EADS (Airbus S.A.S.)), which first flew in Toulouse, France on 27 April 2005. Whilst it has a nominal seating capacity of 555 seats, it has a potential maximum seating capacity of 853 depending on the interior fuselage fit

Who would have thought of a passenger jet with this much carrying capacity few decades ago? Guess only visionary and creative minds!

"Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know it so it goes on flying anyway."

An idea that sounds bad today might add to science tomorrow! Imagination is very important, knowledge is good to have.

The A 380 is top notch... the latest in the airliners sectors, made by a consortium of companies which were at the fore front of aviation since the first flights and they all have decades of experience and billions of revenue.... how the hell can HAL come up with something in this scale with its first airliner?

Aviation is the top of a countries industrial and scientific capabilities and takes decades and insane amounts of money to develop..... and you think a company like HAL with no experience in manufacturing airliners of a developing country can compete with giants like Airbus or Boeing and can come up with large body airliners just like that?!

The A 380 is top notch... the latest in the airliners sectors, made by a consortium of companies which were at the fore front of aviation since the first flights and they all have decades of experience and billions of revenue.... how the hell can HAL come up with something in this scale with its first airliner?

Aviation is the top of a countries industrial and scientific capabilities and takes decades and insane amounts of money to develop..... and you think a company like HAL with no experience in manufacturing airliners of a developing country can compete with giants like Airbus or Boeing and can come up with large body airliners just like that?!

For all your hows, the answer is innovations and creativity….and why do you want to judge the potential of India/HAL by its current capacity or capability? Both can be enhanced right? My contention is to think 25 years from now if you want to seriously make the life of 1.5 billion bit comfortable and if you don’t want to rely on Airbus 500 or so in future….

For all your hows, the answer is innovations and creativity….and why do you want to judge the potential of India/HAL by its current capacity or capability? Both can be enhanced right? My contention is to think 25 years from now if you want to seriously make the life of 1.5 billion bit comfortable and if you don’t want to rely on Airbus 500 or so in future….

Innovation and creativity are not the only factors.... and these things are not really the strength of HAL

Its not only about the current capabilities and capacities... its more about the expercience and the money it gained though its history, which is not very much....

So yes, maybe in 25 years, but complaining why HAL is not developing/ building planes in the class of a A 380 instead of small regional airlines is rubbish.

Innovation and creativity are not the only factors.... and these things are not really the strength of HAL

Its not only about the current capabilities and capacities... its more about the expercience and the money it gained though its history, which is not very much....

So yes, maybe in 25 years, but complaining why HAL is not developing/ building planes in the class of a A 380 instead of small regional airlines is rubbish.

I didnt say HAL should build a plane in A380 class. Let me summarize my viewpoints..

1. Time to fly trains with 1000 seat capacity- By this I meant, we need to thing out of the flow. Lets not be follower everywhere, must need to lead somewhere when it comes to scientific innovation. We are 1.3 billion people, and if these many peopel cant think about flying a train in the sky [for example] then better we place an order with Airbus and Boeing for rest of our life and HAL's current and new generation employees can easily retire doing job work for them!

2. 90 seat plane is like an auto rick - By this, I tried to raise a point that we are using very conservative figure as benchmark for our maiden civil airplane...90?...In 21st century if we start off something with such a low benchmark, [even its a reinvention of decades old invention]god save our future.

So, there are two thing, think out of the box and think big. Thinking small and experimenting (in fact following or copying) with small number is fine at academic level not at professionally run aero engineering company which is also Asia's one of the largest aero companies!

Why cannot we do JV with the Russians or Europeans both are short on cash & would welcome us we learn by this & next we build our own aircrafts

I didnt say HAL should build a plane in A380 class. Let me summarize my viewpoints..

1. Time to fly trains with 1000 seat capacity- By this I meant, we need to thing out of the flow. Lets not be follower everywhere, must need to lead somewhere when it comes to scientific innovation. We are 1.3 billion people, and if these many peopel cant think about flying a train in the sky [for example] then better we place an order with Airbus and Boeing for rest of our life and HAL's current and new generation employees can easily retire doing job work for them!

2. 90 seat plane is like an auto rick - By this, I tried to raise a point that we are using very conservative figure as benchmark for our maiden civil airplane...90?...In 21st century if we start off something with such a low benchmark, [even its a reinvention of decades old invention]god save our future.

So, there are two thing, think out of the box and think big. Thinking small and experimenting (in fact following or copying) with small number is fine at academic level not at professionally run aero engineering company which is also Asia's one of the largest aero companies!

Seriously, do you know about the concept of a regional airliner? something about aviation history? about the technological and financial capabilities of HAL and other companies?

Cause you are somehow ignoring the points I ve mentioned earlier.

Seriously, do you know about the concept of a regional airliner? something about aviation history? about the technological and financial capabilities of HAL and other companies?

Cause you are somehow ignoring the points I ve mentioned earlier.

Well, I have explained my viewpoint and somehow it does not sync up with yours…guess which is absolutely normal and depicting the current condition of India…Conservatives always want to save their position by giving excusive artefacts and imagination is viewed as bad or rubbish thing born out of nothing…

Les keep imagination and innovation at bay which is the case now, even then I don’t see even 90 seater is flying with 90 people anytime in next 15 years even if HAL knows the concept, aviation history, technology and has the financial capability. By then, we would already have added few more millions to our passenger list!

Let’s not argue on this further as its never ending. I dont agree with you nor you with me. ;)

Back
Top Bottom