What's new

India's best & brightest students dominate the world ranking...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Götterdämmerung;2400037 said:
There should be equal opportunity for all students, regardless where they come from.

Do you know why less rural students aim for higher education. This is definitely not a positive trend.

The salaries for a manual construction laborer starts at 3000 RMB per month. A waiter makes 2500 plus free food and housing. A welder can make 10000 RMB per month with 5 years of experience.

A college graduate starts at 2500 RMB per month and usually don't get to live in a factory (since for every 100 technicians, there only needs to be 10 engineers and 1 manager), so they must pay their own food and housing.

The reason rural residents don't want a college degree are numerous. Even though a college graduate makes less money at first, they can rise faster, and they have less stressful working conditions. However, many parents don't see this and instead tell their children to go to trade school because they start at higher wages and don't have to invest in as much tuition.

The salaries for a manual construction laborer starts at 3000 RMB per month. A waiter makes 2500 plus free food and housing. A welder can make 10000 RMB per month with 5 years of experience.

A college graduate starts at 2500 RMB per month and usually don't get to live in a factory (since for every 100 technicians, there only needs to be 10 engineers and 1 manager), so they must pay their own food and housing.

The reason rural residents don't want a college degree are numerous. Even though a college graduate makes less money at first, they can rise faster, and they have less stressful working conditions. However, many parents don't see this and instead tell their children to go to trade school because they start at higher wages and don't have to invest in as much tuition.

I see, we also have this kind of thinking amongst the working class in Germany as well. Also, there is a class bias within the group. If, e.g. a bright kid from a working class background has the aspiration to go to the university, s/he would get belittled and laugh at from many people of his/her environment, like: you think you are better than what we are, Mr. Professor, etc.

This forum will soon become Chinese Stratfor. Good going.

I'm glad some Pakistanis are happy. Really.

you can count me in buddy, I dont know in what context you said that but I am saying it on the bases you said it.
knowldge, IQ and wisdom or whatever you call it needs to be appriciated and celebrated.

let me share a story of a very young Indian boy who is one in a millions. there was a documentary about that super kid not sure if he was Akrit Jaswal or someone else who performed surgery a very complicated one at the age of 7. And before he commences he gives a brief about the complexity of the operation and what it will achieve and I just want to to hold his hands and kiss them. I know he is an exceptional case but still a cute little boy who got the opportunity to shine. It doesn’t matter if he was an Arab, a Pakistani, a Chinese or a European what he accomplished was remarkable.

I have great admiration for both Indians and Chinese who have done so well in the west specially America, just like a Pakistani or any other non-white person, you guys have to do twice as much and twice as good as an American to get noticed and get recognition. No matter how much we slag off the west for its prejudice and racism but people who have the will get all the chance to shine whereas at home our own kind hold us down. Imagine so many broken dreams who are discouraged, harassed and and held back by our corrupt system.

It is time both the Indians and Chinese wave the white flag now and stop insulting each other. You guys are a one Billion + nation and naturally have a higher output of people who do well in different fields of knowledge, we also have our own lot but you guys hold the spot light for right reasons so lets celebrate each other and hail to the all those bright souls who have shown that we are not behind other races too.

I am sorry but I am having to close this thread for now on request of my respected fellow members and once the temperature is down I will open it again once told to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom