What's new

India’s aircraft carrier strategy ‘a failure’ says Chinese military strategist Liu Kui

Is it the same PLA that did not had NCO's till the 90s?. Ok.

Meanwhile in Pakistan:
we...

we don't even have an aircraft carrier....

We don't need it for the time being. But once we surpass a trillion dollar mark, our defense expenditure will be large enough to have 2 medium sized carriers.

Great! I hope Mr. Liu Kui will see your point of view! Of course you are entitled to your opinion, but it may or may not be how other see it, just like a coin, it has two sides, one can say it is Head, the other can say it is tail, both are NOT WRONG; such as I read Mr. Liu's article, I see only, he is caution China should not take India path, that will spend more money but result is not as projected, of course, that is my opinion!

Mr. Liu's article is his opinion about India's aircraft carrier situation, he may or may not be right, but he is entitled to his opinion!

he landed many times before. your title suggested he is NOT capable of landing cause the crash, but in fact it is the fly-by-wire system breakdown, cause the accident. also it is a mock landing on an aircraft carrier not the real aircraft carrier.

Besides, the person is dead, why are you play this kind of "cheap trick" about a dead person!

The article itself a cheap trick... we don't have future plans with that old Carrier...IAC1 which already under construction.. and IAC2 , we are working with USA for possible EMAL's development for it... be mature not immature with full of hatred..

Just a question, in future (2025-30), India will be able to field 2 ACs in Indian Ocean region.
How many would China be able to Deploy in the region?

The article itself a cheap trick... we don't have future plans with that old Carrier...IAC1 which already under construction.. and IAC2 , we are working with USA for possible EMAL's development for it... be mature not immature with full of hatred..
since you don't have any point to argue , then you start calling names such as cheap trick, immature, hatred....name calling never wins argument!

Just a question, in future (2025-30), India will be able to field 2 ACs in Indian Ocean region.
China deploy in Indian Ocean? I don't know, but it is not too long to wait, let's wait and see!

since you don't have any point to argue , then you start calling names such as cheap trick, immature, hatred....name calling never wins argument!

China deploy in Indian Ocean? I don't know, but it is not too long to wait, let's wait and see!

when the article itself is based on silly assumption... am sure your contribution comes with great value... just like the so called analyst..

China deploy in Indian Ocean?
That is the crux of point made by analyst in OP.
India and China are pursuing very different strategic goals and India is looking to extend control in Indian Ocean region especially the Shipping lanes extending from Strait of Hormuz to Malacca as these carry bulk of trade in South Asian Region. Whereas China is obviously looking to control Pacific along her borders and contentious South China sea.
Beyond that, both nations know, any more expansion would amount to stepping on Uncle Sam's foot.
Aircraft carrier are pretty high on any navy's agenda to control sea but certainly not the only means. India for example has A&N islands from where it can project her power especially with long range surveillance air crafts and sub hunters. The Ships too can extend their range from A&N.
Right now the concern in the area i've mentioned is piracy and ensuring safety of maritime trade shipping lanes which India is already doing effectively. Second and Third ACs will cover the area reasonably well and in future we can see IN co-operating with other Navy's in ensuring safety in region.
With all this, i'm not sure what writer means by point that India's AC strategy is failure.
Probably he lacks understanding on what strategic goals for India are.

Last edited:
when the article itself is based on silly assumption... am sure your contribution comes with great value... just like the so called analyst..

you are "assuming" his article is based on "assumption"; but with his ranking in military, I believe he can collect more information than you do. as military strategist, he should have more experience about military than both of us combined. For him to said something "silly" he will lose face in front of lots of his colleague, that he can not afford.

you are "assuming" his article is based on "assumption"; but with his ranking in military, I believe he can collect more information than you do. as military strategist, he should have more experience about military than both of us combined. For him to said something "silly" he will lose face in front of lots of his colleague, that he can not afford.

well even with that rank he make silly assumption... What's the fuss in it? do you think we included that old Carrier into our future expansion.. pretty laughable article... Don't you retire old flotilla in your inventory.? IAC1 and IAC2 are part of our doctrine... so stop your nonsense in this thread...

well even with that rank he make silly assumption... What's the fuss in it? do you think we included that old Carrier into our future expansion.. pretty laughable article... Don't you retire old flotilla in your inventory.? IAC1 and IAC2 are part of our doctrine... so stop your nonsense in this thread...
hmm.... I thought in this forum, everyone can speak their mind, no matter how silly it is. If my opinion is nonsense, why are you still reply?

hmm.... I thought in this forum, everyone can speak their mind, no matter how silly it is. If my opinion is nonsense, why are you still reply?

you can argue, when there is a point to argue... But there is no valid point here... It's old Carrier, planned to retire earlier... We have decades of experience with carrier op... We got Ins vicky for now... IAC1 already under construction.. will be ready soon.. so stop bugging based on nonsense articles..

I think China may deploy 2 aircraft carriers in Indian Ocean as by 2030 China should have at least six or seven aircraft carriers: two for the South China Sea, two for East China Sea and the other two for Indian Ocean or else. If China eventually makes more then things will be more obvious.

It's said that there are at least four major shipping yard companies in China that have the capacity and capability to build aircraft carrier.

anyway i think what he was trying to say was India's biggest problem with these carriers is R&D and having enough resources to have 3 carriers in the water at all times.

China having 5/6 carriers in the indian, pacific and one in the arabian sea will probably mean that their shipping lanes will go unchallenged in the future.

anyway i think what he was trying to say was India's biggest problem with these carriers is R&D and having enough resources to have 3 carriers in the water at all times.

China having 5/6 carriers in the indian, pacific and one in the arabian sea will probably mean that their shipping lanes will go unchallenged in the future.

5/6 in Indian ocean ? lol Apart USN there is no one can challenge IN in Indian Ocean..

Back
Top Bottom