What's new

‘Indians never knew Pakistan was so modern’

Forgot to include Internet in that statement Monsieur.. apologies.

However, it is odd that a nation that is usually touted as the emerging Asian twin power has so little interest in what happens outside its borders. And by that I refer to the Media and educational exposure. Even the much maligned Americans have made some efforts to find out about mexico and Canada.

Ouch!

OK, let's spell that touche.

This business of the emerging Asian twin power is just codswallop. A nation as riven as ours can never make it to the eighteenth century without some substantial social reform, forget about dominating the twenty-first. It is for that social tension that it is so inward looking.

Coming to which, I agree that it is a very inward looking country, but that was the point of my mail: so inward-looking that it forgets about its neighbours until rudely jogged awake by an elbow in the ribs.

How it is racist remark?

We can't assume that all Africans are naked savages.

The simple matter is, it is a matter of utter shame that India has no idea about the nation that it hates and obsesses over as a villian.
Compared to them, even Americans are better equipped to know about a midde eastern nation thousands of miles away than most Indians who know.. or rather ignorantly care little to know other than what their media spoon feeds them about a nation they can drive over to in a day or even less.

Now if you were to have written your first sentence thus,
"...The simple matter is, it is a matter of utter shame that India has no idea about the nations that it adjoins.
, I, for one, would have no problem.

Last edited:
Oh, that's different.

In that case, I was wrong and you aren't a racist.

No you're just too presumptuous ! :p:

I visited the Katas Raj Temples a week ago ! :)

And I saw that Shiv Stone there from 300 BC or so the guide told me ! :agree:

It's not just about Pakistan. Indians are the most insular people, period. Ask a tamil about the most popular serial in Delhi. He will have no clue. Ask any number of Indians from all over India about Nepal. Half of them will say it is part of India. Many don't even know that Northeast is a part of India. As a Jammuite, I have no idea about South Indians. I probably know more about Pakistan than tamil nadu or karnataka or andhra pradesh. Never been south of Taj Mahal.
Pakistan's population is less than UP. Ask people if they can name 5 cities in UP. Most Indians outside UP won't be able to.
I am witness to this phenomenon wherein Northern Indians were quite lost as to what goes on in the south.... and the Kashmir issue.. mattered very little to those of the South.

I am witness to this phenomenon wherein Northern Indians were quite lost as to what goes on in the south.... and the Kashmir issue.. mattered very little to those of the South.

I think its a universal phenomenon.I always ask Russians whats going on in Crimea and they have no clue.
Most people are stupid.

Last edited:
Auz, You have not seen Lahore yet, How long you came to Pakistan, a decade?

Pakistani cities are far more modern than Malaysia and Middle eastern states.

I think its a universal phenomenon.I always ask Russia whats going on in Crimea and they have clue.
Most people are stupid.
Not exactly.. it depends from nation to nation. And how much people lap up their media.

No you're just too presumptuous ! :p:

I visited the Katas Raj Temples a week ago ! :)

And I saw that Shiv Stone there from 300 BC or so the guide told me ! :agree:

?? The connection being?

A Shiv lingam from 300 BC? How does the guide know? Any evidence?

Another confuse soul who don't know the difference between modernization and westernization. There are stupid people out there who feel that everything a western does is modern even if its swapping partners or having one night stand with strangers. Modernization simply means embracing positive change, ideas and concepts . You can be modern without adopting western culture and ways of lives
As a Brazilian I have different conceptions of morality. I don't think there is anything bad for women to wear bikinis, to drink, and to have premartial sex. Women should be allowed to wear whatever they want, provided they are not naked (as nice as that could be). Moving towards a greater degree of freedom is positive change in my book and one of the hallmarks of modernity.

there is a north south divide in India.. most indians dont know whats going on beyond their own state but ignorance is more accute about states that thousands of kms away.

Friend of mine in US married a hyderabadi girl, took her to Lahore to see his parents, says she was awestrucked and didnt want to come back

Ye thoda jada ho gaya :lol::lol:

As a Brazilian I have different conceptions of morality. I don't think there is anything bad for women to wear bikinis, to drink, and to have premartial sex. Women should be allowed to wear whatever they want, provided they are not naked (as nice as that could be). Moving towards a greater degree of freedom is positive change in my book and one of the hallmarks of modernity.

Man you just compare life style of Brazil to Indian sub continent.

Man Brazil is way way far ahead when it comes to freedom of women and morality.

But our way of living is different, women are seen in different light. Put some how i want a mix of modernity and morality in our part of world.

?? The connection being?

A Shiv lingam from 300 BC? How does the guide know? Any evidence?

The connection - I don't know what the connection is...I was merely making small talk ! :ashamed:

Its not as if the rest of the thread is anything but a cauldron laced with pious sentiments, jingoism & pseudo-empathy ! :unsure:

I don't even know what a Shiv Lingam is but it looked as if an oblong shaped stone was protruding from the ground with a broken coconut over it & the guide said that Hindus from Pakistan & pilgrims from India every year come to this place to pray to that Shiva Idol & cleanse themselves in the pond near it !

The Government signboards near it were saying the same thing & they did mention a British Archaeologist by the name of Sir Alexander Cunningham who discovered these Temples in the 1800s & the legend, as told by the Guide & those Signboards, revolved around Lord Shiva crying about something & his tears fell from the heavens & made these ponds !

I don't know how true or untrue it is but there was also a Hanuman Temple, a Buddhist Stumpa & a Haveli belonging to some notable that was excavated a few years ago from that site !

I just thought you might find it interesting - How was I supposed to know I'd be placed in interrogation providing evidence for whether it really was from 300 BC or not ? :cray:

The connection - I don't know what the connection is...I was merely making small talk ! :ashamed:

Its not as if the rest of the thread is anything but a cauldron laced with pious sentiments, jingoism & pseudo-empathy ! :unsure:

I don't even know what a Shiv Lingam is but it looked as if an oblong shaped stone was protruding from the ground with a broken coconut over it & the guide said that Hindus from Pakistan & pilgrims from India every year come to this place to pray to that Shiva Idol & cleanse themselves in the pond near it !

The Government signboards near it were saying the same thing & they did mention a British Archaeologist by the name of Sir Alexander Cunningham who discovered these Temples in the 1800s & the legend, as told by the Guide & those Signboards, revolved around Lord Shiva crying about something & his tears fell from the heavens & made these ponds !

I don't know how true or untrue it is but there was also a Hanuman Temple, a Buddhist Stumpa & a Haveli belonging to some notable that was excavated a few years ago from that site !

I just thought you might find it interesting - How was I supposed to know I'd be placed in interrogation providing evidence for whether it really was from 300 BC or not ? :cray:

Oye baccha roote nahi :lol: in uncle ko baad mea dhek lege :lol:

I don't know if i should tell you what in shiv ling here on PDF :lol:

Ling = mentula :drag:

Back
Top Bottom