What's new

‘Indians never knew Pakistan was so modern’

Are you seriously going to ask me this question?
Minimum age of marriage has a lot to do with modernity. In the early days, children were married off before they even reached 15 years of age. Heck they were married before 10 years of age.

Today, thanks to modernity and modern human values, girls (and boys) are barred from marriage till they reach around 18(in most countries).

You are right on one account though, we do love to keep a negative impression of Pakistan and that is what we try to find in Pakistan. And so, yes we are selective.

Its ok for 15/16 year to open her legs and go for sex but its against modern values if she marry at this age after crossing the age of puberty . So if tomorrow they make new law that you should be marry only after you cross the age of 25 then that will be modernity to you. How many people go for marriage at age of 18 even if its allowed and is not illegal ? Marriage is a personal decision and everyone make this decision according to his/her situations. People in western countries dont even need to marry because its not illegal to have pre-martial affairs which is not the case with society where sex and relationship before marriage are considered taboo thats why they prefer to marry girls and boys at early age. Now you will say its modernity to have one night stands

Btw read this you are allowed to marry before 18 with consent of parent

Marriageable age - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ages of consent in Europe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Age of consent - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Its ok for 15/16 year to open her legs and go for sex but its against modern values if she marry at this age after crossing the age of puberty . So if tomorrow they make new law that you should be marry only after you cross the age of 25 then that will be modernity to you. How many people go for marriage at age of 18 even if its allowed and is not illegal ? Marriage is a personal decision and everyone make this decision according to his/her situations. People in western countries dont even need to marry because its not illegal to have pre-martial affairs which is not the case with society where sex and relationship before marriage are considered taboo thats why they prefer to marry girls and boys at early age. Now you will say its modernity to have one night stands

Btw read this you are allowed to marry before 18 with consent of parent

Marriageable age - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ages of consent in Europe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Age of consent - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Its because they are considered mature enough to make decisions that can affect their entire life going forward. Marriage is one of them. One of the reasons why contracts with minors are not valid in Court.

If you donot get his simple logic that before 17/18 most kids are not mature enough to make decisions which change their life, then I feel sorry for you.

Its because they are considered mature enough to make decisions that can affect their entire life going forward. Marriage is one of them. One of the reasons why contracts with minors are not valid in Court.

If you donot get his simple logic that before 17/18 most kids are not mature enough to make decisions which change their life, then I feel sorry for you.
They are mature enough to make decision of sex but not for marriage lol

Most of them get lesson about sex education at very early age so how you conclude that they are not mature? What maturity we are talking about here? What maturity has anything to do with age btw? These days 15 year old are more mature than say 30 year old of past times :D i have seen plenty of 30 year old who are not as mature as say 17 year old. Maturity comes after you get into relationship and experience it :P

They are mature enough to make decision of sex but not for marriage lol

Most of them get lesson about sex education at very early age so how you conclude that they are not mature? What maturity we are talking about here? What maturity has anything to do with age btw? These days 15 year old are more mature than say 30 year old of past times :D i have seen plenty of 30 year old who are not as mature as say 17 year old. Maturity comes after you get into relationship and experience it :P
Maturity is not physical maturity only.
Its emotional and intellectual maturity.

There is a reason why there is school till 12th standard. The reason is that it is considered to be a solid foundation for what you do in your later life. You end school at/around 18 years of age.

Maturity is not physical maturity only.
Its emotional and intellectual maturity.

There is a reason why there is school till 12th standard. The reason is that it is considered to be a solid foundation for what you do in your later life. You end school at/around 18 years of age.

You dont see many people who are mature physically but they are quiet dumb and immature mentally

I have seen many educated 16/17 year old who are more mature/sensible than say 30 year old illiterate living in village of India and Pakistan. Also if there is law that you can marry at 16/17 don't mean that everyone will jump into marriage as soon as he/she cross 15. We have law that you can marry at age of 18 but how many people actually go for it at this age? If we had free open sex and free pre-martial affairs then people even dont mind to marry at age of 35 :)

You dont see many people who are mature physically but they are quiet dumb and immature mentally

I have seen many educated 16/17 year old who are more mature/sensible than say 30 year old illiterate living in village of India and Pakistan. Also if there is law that you can marry at 16/17 don't mean that everyone will jump into marriage as soon as he/she cross 15. We have law that you can marry at age of 18 but how many people actually go for it at this age? If we had free open sex and free pre-martial affairs then people even dont mind to marry at age of 35 :)
Which is exactly the point.
When women are educated and groomed till atleast their school. They make better decisions.

And if they are married before they even leave school by their parents, then...its backward/jahil mentality.
For in almost all the cases when the girls are married off before 15, its their parents who decide everything and women are just given away like commodity.

They may or may not be allowed to finish school or go to college after they have been married.
They may or may not have an accomodating family.
They almost certainly will not be capable enough to earn and therefore will be completely dependent on the husband for her life.

There are lots of reasons why the law puts a line at 18 in India and around 17-18 globally.

Last edited:
I doubt Pakistan is even close to being modern. Can women wear bikinis in your country? Do you have nightclubs and bars? Is alcohol widely available? We in Brazil have many problems but modernity is not one of them. In fact we have gone off on the other hand :lol:

I doubt Pakistan is even close to being modern. Can women wear bikinis in your country? Do you have nightclubs and bars? Is alcohol widely available? We in Brazil have many problems but modernity is not one of them. In fact we have gone off on the other hand :lol:

Wait wait wait.. hold your horses boy.

I am no fan boy of Pakistan but let's be quite fair here shall we? So to wear a bikini is modern? To go dance in nightclubs and bars and drinking alcohol = modernity? I think you are making a huge mistake in thinking skin baring means modernity.

An Muslim Imaam sitting in a mosque in his traditional garb but delivering sermons - in fact, encouraging women of the faith to go and study, get educated and carry on the light of enlightenment is modernity. To make his charges understand that world is not surrounded by chauvinistic men and that women need to be given their dues, is modernity of thought. THere are many Muslims and many others of other faiths in the third world who are modern in their thought on a higher plane.

To drink , to go near naked on the beaches of Rio with just a string that runs between a woman's private parts between her legs - if that to you is modernity, then let me assure you. It is not. It is just brazen, unabashed boldness that is peddled as (in your view ) as modern thought.

How many of your Brazilians (or many in the western world) even know the difference between modernity of thought and modernity of act? Under the influence of booze and sexual open-ness, you may consider yourselves above par. That's all that there is to it. The world is far deeper in maturity of thought and action - not vices of ones mind.

whats the purpose of this thread................ :chilli:

Wait wait wait.. hold your horses boy.

I am no fan boy of Pakistan but let's be quite fair here shall we? So to wear a bikini is modern? To go dance in nightclubs and bars and drinking alcohol = modernity? I think you are making a huge mistake in thinking skin baring means modernity.

An Muslim Imaam sitting in a mosque in his traditional garb but delivering sermons - in fact, encouraging women of the faith to go and study, get educated and carry on the light of enlightenment is modernity. To make his charges understand that world is not surrounded by chauvinistic men and that women need to be given their dues, is modernity of thought. THere are many Muslims and many others of other faiths in the third world who are modern in their thought on a higher plane.

To drink , to go near naked on the beaches of Rio with just a string that runs between a woman's private parts between her legs - if that to you is modernity, then let me assure you. It is not. It is just brazen, unabashed boldness that is peddled as (in your view ) as modern thought.

How many of your Brazilians (or many in the western world) even know the difference between modernity of thought and modernity of act? Under the influence of booze and sexual open-ness, you may consider yourselves above par. That's all that there is to it. The world is far deeper in maturity of thought and action - not vices of ones mind.

It's not that girls have to wear that bikini . We call it "fio dental" (dental floss). She can wear one that covers half her *** instead. BUt it's the fact that women can dress however they like. It's not that to go to nightclubs is modern necessarily but to ban them is definitely the antithesis of modernity. Again, to drink is not modernity but to ban alcohol is the antithesis of modernity and freedom.

It's not that girls have to wear that bikini . We call it "fio dental" (dental floss). She can wear one that covers half her *** instead. BUt it's the fact that women can dress however they like. It's not that to go to nightclubs is modern necessarily but to ban them is definitely the antithesis of modernity. Again, to drink is not modernity but to ban alcohol is the antithesis of modernity and freedom.

people who haven't experienced liberty intermixed with modern thinking cannot be explained it.

The problem is Pakistan is not image conscious. They must realize image matters, one has to work to make sure image does not take hit. If it means they have to do few things they do not agree, its fine at times. Note, I am saying sometimes.

Example:- A person release from plane hijack is seen having a great time. No matter what you think, it looks you know the hijackers and supporting them. Supporting because you never tried to help solve the case. This is just one example.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom