What's new

Indian Special Forces

Badass clips here.

Tavors!!!

21:40 Special forces with M4+ Holographic sight+grip etc

Last edited by a moderator:
We all know about what you written i just wanna know in your list the 2nd number that you wrote was para. Now there are many countries that para SF and parachute regiment like greece, germany etc. etc. German paras are very good. Now i think you meant indian para SF.

Marcos are also stationed in JnK mainly near the water bodies and were they are stationed every terrorist is frightened of them but hell so as the case with Paras but i think you are right Paras have the most experience in all the SF units in India. I can't really say about SFF because they deal with RAW and IB and i think they might have been in grab operations in Nepal.

Do you remember an old video of NDTV in which it was mentioned that Paras won the 1st prize in SA where they hold various exercises with different SF around the globe.

It depends. I heard paras have grown beard and they mingled with the crowd and the intel. I think whenever its necessary to hide identity they do because their lives depend on it and thats why you can see many time paras with their face covered during many operations.

Yes marcos are stationed in Kashmir but if terrorism in Kashmir is compared with a school then Wular lake where Marcos are deployed would be a kindergarten.The real action is in places like Lolab forests,Kupwara,Anantnag(once upon a time) and LOC areas.

The problem lies in us not having a JSOC.On the one hand Paras are overburdened with work and on the other Marcos and Garuds are not facing the action they should face as a Special operations Unit.The special operation soldiers should be experienced and having 5-10 commandos in Wular lake is not what is good for Marcos.They need to have more men in Kashmir and N.E specially in dangerous areas and specially Garuds who have a long way to go in becoming a truly deadly special operations unit.

Regarding covering their faces the IA troops do it for various reasons and yeah Paras who are doing undercover operation always keep a beard.

^^^
U can find this video a couple dozen times on this forum itself. Why you posting this year old video?

Anyways off to another topic.

I recently visited my state J&k and i was amazed to see so many troops having Tavor.I doubt we have 10,000 Tavors.I think the number is much more than that.I even saw BSF guys with Tavor besides CRPF and ARMY guys.

Also worth mentioning is the fact that the Chinese have really improved the infrastructure in Pakistani J&K(i visited a border area in Kashmir where i saw this)

i have a question if india army is so powerful, why it took them 2 or 3 days to get rid of just 11 terrorists in mumbai.

Because of hostage,,and the main thing was that we don,t want casualities,,if we want to kill them we can kill them within hours we can use gas bombs and other weapons but what about innocent peoples...thats why it took time...

i have a question if india army is so powerful, why it took them 2 or 3 days to get rid of just 11 terrorists in mumbai.

1.Coz the NSG(the unit which carries out such operations) was not based in Mumbai and it took time for them to reach Mumbai.
2.Coz the terrorists were active in different place and not in one place.
3.There were a lot of rooms to clear..so it took time to clear hundreds of room.

The Indian Army didnt carry out the operation but the soldiers who conducted the operation were from the Army.There is a special unit in India which is the National Security Guards which is responsible for carrying out such operations and comprises of men from the Army.

What an ignorant question that has been discussed to death SO many times here and on other sites. Here is the short answer:

1) the Mumbai police were simply overwhelmed by the scale of the attacks as they unfolded and the confusion that persisted at the time threw the Mumbai police into chaos. As the events unfolded there were literally 10,000s of reports and calls coming into the police control room of bombs all over the city and gunmen everywhere. The terrorists were smart enough to create such chaos by planting numerous IEDs in mobile targets such as taxis so the police were sent to numerous locations and the terrorists themselves optimised their numbers by splitting into small teams and constantly moving around.

The Mumbai police's plight was not helped by having the most senior members of its anti-terror squad killed by the terrorists in the line of duty.

2) the slow response by dedicated CT teams- NSG/MARCOs. Firstly the elite IN MARCOs who have a base in Mumbai were ready and waiting to be given the go to enter Mumbai but the Mumbai police/GOVT were initially reluctant to ask for outside help and/or realise the seriousness of the situation. Once the MARCOs were given the "go" they were on scene relatively quickly and able to contain the terrorists somewhat until NSG arrived. Secondly the NSG who are the country's dedicated CT force and whose role it was to combat such attacks faced serious delays in getting to Mumbai. The IAF IL-76 that flew them to Mumbai from Delhi where they are based had to be flown in from Chandigarh in Punjab. Once the NSG were on the ground they were effective in ending the situation but initial delays could not made up for.

3) the nature of this attack. This attack was the most audacious and revolutionary since 9/11- attackers coming in from sea and going on a murderous rampage in built up areas and hotels. Most police forces agreed their initial response to the attacks wouldn't have been any better. These terrorists had been trained by professional military of Pakistan and it was like a SF insertion rather than the typical rag-tag militia and their tactics and weapon handling mirror this. The fact the hotels/locations combined had over 4,000 rooms meant this was a MAMMOTH task for and SF and all SFs agree this was an incredible op by NSG which they couldn't have done any better in the same circumstances.

There are of course numerous other factors but I don't feel the need to go any more.

But I'm glad to report most if not all shortcomings realised during 26/11 have been resolved. NSG hubs have been raised in most major cities, most states/cities have raised/upgraded police QRT/SWAT teams to give adequate response as first responders including Mumbai/Mahrastra police who have QRT/ Force One. Also NSG have been given a MASSIVE upgrade that we can already see in recent vids and by 2014-5 they will be unstoppable. Also they have been given the means to commend ere any commercial aircraft in Delhi airport (where they are based) if a military AC is not available. (although during recent Mumbai blasts the NSG QRF were alerted and loaded onto a RAW ARC IL-76, based in Delhi, on the Tarmac and ready to respond within 15 mins). There are many other measures that have also been taken but, again, there's no need to go any deeper.

And the response to such scenarios is not measured in conventional military might. It is easy for you to sit there an question in hindsight but the fact this was a completely new form of terror sim
Ly can't be understated. NO ONE IN THE WORLD WAS READY IN 2008 FOR SUCH AN ATTACK.

Let me ask u a question y it took 20 hours to end the kabul seige by NATO which has the combination of world's most powerful military nations

Does anyone else notice that in the HR op of Jai Jawan with Ranbir Kapoor (21.40-) that the SF team swap weapons mid way? From M4-Tavor. Probably just two separate demonstrations edited together but still why do they feel the need to practice with both weapons? I thought it was personal choice which weapon the individual SF trooper opted for.

On second thoughts it makes sense to me- they have to be proficient in all their weapons.

Just interesting.

y do u chose to be like that?u can do better.

I recently visited my state J&k and i was amazed to see so many troops having Tavor.I doubt we have 10,000 Tavors.I think the number is much more than that.I even saw BSF guys with Tavor besides CRPF and ARMY guys.

Also worth mentioning is the fact that the Chinese have really improved the infrastructure in Pakistani J&K(i visited a border area in Kashmir where i saw this)

what place u from? my families from rajganj and sopore.

I'd say this was a forgone conclusion. I mean the CRPF has placed orders for 12,000+ alone with option for same amount again to be iced in J&K aswell as in anti-Naxal fight. And the Indian SOFs seem to have adopted the Tavor as its standard weapon- MARCOs have them (recent pics show this) all PARA SF have/are getting them and it is reported IAF Gurad also have the Tavor. The SOFs alone account for ~14,000 (although I doubt it would be a 1-1 purchase as personal preference comes in and the IA SF already have many modified M4s). Not sure about BSF but I also know SFF have inducted many Tavors and many other federal forces are likely to follow.

Back
Top Bottom