What's new

Indian Special Forces

check out this video from times now>>

[video]http://www.timesnow.tv/Heroes-The-elite-warriors/videoshow/4380620.cms[/video]

this one shows our para-commandos wearing fragmentation protective face-masks and says that they were operating in hostile territory>>i cant say whether they were operating in north-east or busting terrorist hideouts in myanmmar, the latter seems to be a possibility

the one who is leading the video is colonel shekhawat, he has scaled everest thrice i think, twice being on the safe side and seems to be a real battle-hardened guy

i got this video from bharat-rakshak

this one shows our para-commandos wearing fragmentation protective face-masks and says that they were operating in hostile territory>>i cant say whether they were operating in north-east or busting terrorist hideouts in myanmmar, the latter seems to be a possibility

the one who is leading the video is colonel shekhawat, he has scaled everest thrice i think, twice being on the safe side and seems to be a real battle-hardened guy

You will find more on this in Indian Military picture thread.

check out this video from times now>>

[video]http://www.timesnow.tv/Heroes-The-elite-warriors/videoshow/4380620.cms[/video]

You can see how far these guys (21 PARA (SF) have come very quickly:

21 Special Forces recognised for valour

Vid is from 2006

All right new game,mention your top 5 SF units ranked in order,here's mine:

1)S.A.S
2)Para(SF)(Only the 8 SF units)
3)MARCOS
4)ACE(Army Compartmentalized elements new name for Delta Force)
5)Spetsnaz GRU

1)S.A.S
3)MARCOS
5)Spetsnaz GRU

Mine will be almost similar but I am not so sure about the Spetsnaz GRU.This organisation is too secretive just like our Special Frontier Force to rank them.

Mine will be almost similar but I am not so sure about the Spetsnaz GRU.This organisation is too secretive just like our Special Frontier Force to rank them.

many confuse the alpha group to be russian army SF,but it is infact the spetsnaz GRU -said to be the most secretive and most skilled of all russian SF.

mujahideen feared them,chechens fear them.

till now only 3 members that too anonymously have given interviews to papers after 9/11 no one from this unit has come on TV or writen books.

if you want to see a glimpse of their skill i recommend typing in sonny puzikas on youtube and see his skill,sonny was from spetnaz MVD not from GRU but from that you can assess the amazing skill these guys carry

1)S.A.S
3)MARCOS
5)Spetsnaz GRU

I would've thought MARCOs were above PARA SF given the breadth of their training selection process and length of training. they are also the most secretive of all Indian SOFs who are by nature very secretive anyway. TBH all Indian SOF are world class.

I wouldn't have put SAS 1st with defence cuts and UK's continuing decent into insignificance the SAS are losing their relevance with it. I would think Delta/SEAL ST6 (DEVGRU) were 1st.

I would've thought MARCOs were above PARA SF given the breadth of their training selection process and length of training. they are also the most secretive of all Indian SOFs who are by nature very secretive anyway. TBH all Indian SOF are world class.

I wouldn't have put SAS 1st with defence cuts and UK's continuing decent into insignificance the SAS are losing their relevance with it. I would think Delta/SEAL ST6 (DEVGRU) were 1st.

SAS are in my books still the best many non-SF servicemen(american) who tell about experiences in Iraq and A'stan have real high regard for SAS,these guys can really think on their feet.

yes the budget cut can take away a part of funding but not the legend and brains the SAS possess.

also i am sending you a Message.

Though I love the modernization of our special forces that is going on and am relieved to see better equipment coming to them (from a family perspective as well as a national point of view), I personally LOVE the traditional style Ghatak units have been seen using. Here:

76718_10150099415736147_522196146_7913687_1817588_n.jpg

Now tell me that looks BADASS! :smokin:

many confuse the alpha group to be russian army SF,but it is infact the spetsnaz GRU -said to be the most secretive and most skilled of all russian SF.

mujahideen feared them,chechens fear them.

till now only 3 members that too anonymously have given interviews to papers after 9/11 no one from this unit has come on TV or writen books.

if you want to see a glimpse of their skill i recommend typing in sonny puzikas on youtube and see his skill,sonny was from spetnaz MVD not from GRU but from that you can assess the amazing skill these guys carry

I have seen him in the programme named Deadliest Warrior.

Back
Top Bottom